Step it up

Notice me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Now that Jimin knew he was finally getting to Jin, he didn't waste a second to strut his stuff whenever the older was around. For example, when Jin had come to pick him up from school on Monday, Jimin had walked so close that it was impossible for Jin not to catch a waft of his new and alluring cologne. And after dropping him off at his doorstep, when they had their usual goodbye hug, Jimin lingered a little longer and subtly breathed out on Jin's neck, making the older slightly tremble.
 

The next day, Jimin was just doing some dancing in the dance studio he usually frequents in his free time when the door behind him opens and in walks Taehyung. Noticing the big grin on his face from the full length mirror, Jimin knew something was up as he eyed his friend warily.
 

"What did I say about making those suspicious faces, Taehyung?" asked Jimin.
 

"Can't a person grin?" asked Taehyung as he walked in and took a seat on the floor in front of the mirror.
 

"They can, but when it's you..." Jimin let his sentence trail off while raising an eyebrow.
 

"Whatever. I just came because I got bored at home." said Taehyung with a shrug.
 

"Why didn't you go visit Jungkook?" asked Jimin as he walked over and grabbed his water bottle from his duffel bag.
 

When there was no reply, Jimin looked at Taehyung and saw him drawing invisible circles on the floor with his finger; the pout on his face let Jimin know there was something on Taehyung's mind.
 

"Talk to me." said Jimin in a what-did-he-do? tone as he sat beside his friend.
 

"Last week, I saw Kookie struggling with some homework so I asked if he needed help. He said no even though I kept asking him, but then someone in his class asked the same thing and he agreed right away." said Taehyung with a frown.
 

"Maybe he just felt nervous being around you, you know? Since he likes you." said Jimin.
 

"I don't think so. You see how he is during lunch, he acts like always." said Taehyung, he then let out a sigh and ran a hand through his hair.
 

"I don't know, maybe I'm thinking about this too much." he mumbled.
 

"Or not enough." disagreed Jimin, making Taehyung look at him in confusion.
 

"Taehyung, you have to show Jungkook you like him back. Otherwise, another guy could step in and take him." said Jimin.
 

"Another guy?" repeated Taehyung with narrowed eyes, he didn't like that idea one bit.
 

"Yeah, I don't know if you've noticed, but Jungkook has a fair share of admirers and some of them aren't shy to make their presence known." said Jimin, which was true since he had been witness to some confessions.
 

That seemed to make up Taehyung's mind because he nodded with fierce determination then looked at Jimin with a fiery look in his eyes.
 

"I will confess to Jungkook and I will make sure no other guy talks to him or even goes near him." said Taehyung.
 

"We're getting a little possessive there, Taehyung. Chill out." said Jimin with an awkward smile as he gave Taehyung's shoulder a few pats.
 

Taehyung just let out a laugh, but nodded anyway, he then turned towards Jimin with an excited look on his face.
 

"Speaking of guys we like, I heard from Hoseok hyung that you did something that made Jin hyung act all fidgety and stuff. Mind telling me what that was about?" he asked.
 

Instead of blushing like he usually would, Jimin smirked in a way that surprised Taehyung and even had an evil glimmer in his eyes.
 

"That was just the beginning, Jin hyung won't know what hit him after I really get to him." said Jimin.
 

"Um, okay...?" said Taehyung with an uncertain look.
 

"I'm going to show him what he's missing out on." said Jimin as he got up again.
 

Taehyung's eyes widened in shock as he watched his friend go to where his phone was plugged into the speakers; who the hell taught Jimin to speak like that?!
 

"H-How are you planning on doing that?" asked Taehyung hesitantly.
 

"Oh, you know... a little of this, a little of that." said Jimin with a shrug and after picking a song, he went to stand in the middle of the practice room.
 

Once the song started, Taehyung watched attentively as Jimin started dancing smoothly to the beat. His moves then got so intense that Taehyung was staring with his mouth hanging open and even his cheeks had turned pink at some of the movements.
 

Who the hell taught him to move those hips like that?! Jimin should NEVER move those hips like that! thought Taehyung as he fanned his face with his hand to cool down... even though he was just sitting there.
 

When the song was over, Jimin was a little startled to hear clapping and turned around; standing there was a cheerful looking Hoseok, who was the one clapping, with a wide eyed and visibly red-faced Jin beside him.
 

"Damn, Jimin, I didn't know you had those great moves in you." said Hoseok with an impressed look, being a dancer himself.
 

"Thanks, Hoseok hyung." said Jimin with a shy smile as he looked at his hands, which was completely uncalled for after that rather provocative performance.
 

"I was more surprised at those hip movements, Jimin... they way you were throwing them here and there." said Taehyung as he got up from the floor, making Hoseok laugh as he and a quiet Jin stepped inside.
 

"You guys act as if you've never seen me dance before." said Jimin with a laugh as he went to get his water bottle again.
 

"That's because what you did just now was some rated R stuff." said Taehyung as he patted his still blushing cheeks.
 

Jimin just let out another laugh and as he took a drink from his water bottle, he made accidental eye contact with Jin and sent a subtle wink his way. Jin didn't know if he had imagined that or not and just cleared his throat as he looked away with an unsettled look. Hoseok walked

Please log in to read the full chapter