Burning tension

Notice me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Don't you have anything planned with Jin hyung today?" asked Taehyung as he lazily rolled a marble back and forth.
 

"No, he went to visit Jaehwan hyung." said Jimin with a scoff.
 

"Why didn't you tag along?" asked Jungkook, who was playing cat's cradle.
 

"I didn't think of that." said Jimin with a sheepish look.
 

He was currently wasting away his Saturday by sitting between Taehyung and Jungkook in the latter's room for lack of better things to do. He would have preferred to be spending time with Jin, but as mentioned, he was with Jaehwan at the moment.
 

"Moron." mumbled Jungkook, making Jimin glare at him.
 

"Do you guys want to do something? I'm bored." said Taehyung with a yawn, he let the marble roll away and looked at the other two.
 

"What can we do?" asked Jungkook without taking his eyes off his string as he created some patterns.
 

"Well, we can -"
 

"Nothing that has to do with matches or spray paint." interrupted Jimin right away.
 

"Never mind." said Taehyung with a pout as he leaned against his friend.
 

"How about -?"
 

"No water balloons either." Jimin interrupted Jungkook this time.
 

"Tch, party pooper." grumbled the maknae.
 

"Can't you two think of something that's more... I don't know... legal?" asked Jimin.
 

"But I already have the water balloons ready." said Taehyung.
 

Jimin looked up and his eyes widened in disbelief when he saw Taehyung standing there with a pout while holding a bucket full of colorful water-filled balloons.
 

"Taehyung, I said no water balloons! Last time, you ended up breaking three windows and I swear if we have to run away from that grouchy man again, I'm gonna -" Jimin was interrupted by a balloon bouncing off his cheek and landing on his lap.
 

He stayed frozen for a moment as he tried to process what just happened and Jungkook looked up to see what had stopped his nagging, the maknae then sent a death glare towards Taehyung when he spotted the balloon.
 

"Taehyung hyung, if you get a single drop of water in my room, so help me -" he too was interrupted by a balloon to the cheek.
 

Now both he and Jimin were frozen while Taehyung snickered, Jungkook and Jimin then slowly looked at each other and nodded in silent agreement. Taehyung let out a cheerful shriek as he let the bucket of balloons drop onto the floor and ran out of the room when he saw the other two standing up.
 

"Jimin hyung, get as many balloons as you can. I'll get Taehyung hyung and meet you outside." instructed Jungkook as he ran out after his boyfriend.
 

By the time Jimin had collected enough balloons and made it outside, he laughed when he saw Taehyung face down on the grass and thrashing about while Jungkook was calmly sitting on his back. The maknae looked up and grinned evilly when he saw Jimin with the balloons, he then made grabby hands at them and Jimin laughed again as he quickly walked over to them.
 

"Let me go! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" exclaimed Taehyung, but he was laughing as he tried to throw off Jungkook, who didn't seem to budge one bit.
 

"'Sorry' can't help you now, Taehyung." said Jimin, his grin matching Jungkook's as he let the balloons carefully drop on the grass.
 

They then started attacking a shrieking/laughing Taehyung, who did nothing to stop the balloon after balloon of water; all he did was turn his back to them and cover his face. They weren't aware that Jin was walking their way with Jaehwan beside him, the latter had asked Jin if they could visit the two so he could ask them something. Jin knew the two would be together and had tried Taehyung's house first only to be told that he was over at Jungkook's house.
 

"They're really nice once you get to know them... Well, Jungkook is, Taehyung is more of the wild child and that sometimes rubs off on our maknae." Jin was saying.
 

"Sounds like my friends." said Jaehwan with a laugh, "Wonshik and Hongbin are the rowdy ones and it sometimes influences Hyuk to get rowdy, too. Otherwise, he's an angel." he then grinned at Jin.
 

"Jimin changed a bit, though, he's not as soft-spoken as before and he got feisty." he said with a laugh.
 

"But he's still the same sweet-tempered person he's always -"
 

"Taehyung, you ! That got me right in the eyes!" interrupted a familiar voice, making the other two look up with wide eyes.
 

They saw a pissed off looking Jimin chasing a laughing and soaked Taehyung around the front yard while Jungkook had his eyes closed and was panting as he lied on his back on the grass spread eagle. Jimin caught up to Taehyung and tackled him to the grass then started pinching anything and everything he could reach.
 

"Ow! Jimin! Stop! That really hurts!" protested Taehyung through his laughter as he tried to push off his friend.
 

"Good! Be lucky I'm not punching your kidneys!" exclaimed Jimin.
 

"You were saying, Jin?" asked Jaehwan with an amused laugh as Jin continued to watch with wide eyes.
 

Taehyung managed to turn them around and he was now straddling Jimin while pinning down the latter's wrists on the grass, a victorious grin on his face. Jin knew it was just a friendly fight, but he still didn't like seeing his boyfriend in that compromising position.
 

"Taehyung, get off him!" shouted Jin as he ran over, making the other two look over.
 

"Jimin started it, he even threatened my kidneys!" complained Taehyung with a pout when Jin approached them, but he still got off and stood up.
 

He then held out his hand and Jimin took it, letting himself get pulled up by Taehyung. The latter then looked behind him and noticed Jungkook sprawled out on the grass and went to join him. Jin looked at Jimin and noticed the younger was also soaked from top to bottom and his wet fringe was covering his eyes in a way that made Jin just stand there and stare at him in a daze. Jimin then just had to sweep his wet hair out of his face and his eyes, which were smoked out before the whole water fight, looked like they were dripping black tears. They looked so sultry and inviting that Jin used every ounce of self control he had left to not pounce on Jimin then and there.
 

"Jin hyung, what are you doing here?" asked the younger with a smile.
 

"I-I was... I mean, we were... Jaehwan wanted to... see Taehyung and Jungkook." said Jin, his words stumbling a bit.
 

"Oh, he's here too." said Jimin with a roll of his eyes when he spotted the blonde, he then shook his head to get some water out and Jin could swear he saw this in slow motion.
 

"You three should go change before you catch a cold." said Jaehwan as he worriedly eyed them.
 

"Gee, you think?" said Jimin with a sarcastic smile.
 

"Jimin, stop being an ." said Taehyung, making his friend look back at him with a glare.
 

"Do you still like your kidneys, Taehyung?" asked Jimin through gritted teeth.
 

"Um, Kookie, can we go inside now? I'm starting to feel a little cold." said Taehyung with a nervous laugh as he tugged in his boyfriend's shirt.
 

"Jimin hyung, if you threaten Taehyung hyung's organs one more time, I will hurt you real badly. I'm not even gonna be creative about it. I'll just do it." warned Jungkook with raised eyebrows.
 

"Are you forgetting he threw a water balloon at you?" asked Jimin as he turned around and put his hands on his hips, Jungkook's face then turned void of emotion as he slowly turned his head to look at Taehyung; who looked pretty terrified by now.
 

"You have five seconds." was all Jungkook had to say to get Taehyung running into the house while shrieking like a banshee, the maknae then looked over at the other three and gave them a nod before calmly getting up and walked into his house.
 

"Let's go inside, too." said Jin, he didn't wait for a reply and took Jimin by the hand as he started heading into Jungkook's house as well.
 

"Um, is it okay for me to just walk in like this?" asked Jaehwan uncertainly as he lingered by the door.
 

"No, it's not. Go home." said Jimin curtly as he took off his shoes.
 

"Jimin." said Jin sternly, the younger just huffed and rolled his eyes before heading towards Jungkook's room.
 

Please log in to read the full chapter