Unexpected sentiment

Notice me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Hoseok propped his chin on his palm as he watched her go, feeling his heart flutter when she looked back and smiled at him. He smiled back with a small wave and she was out the library door, leaving him to feel a little lonely. It's odd, Hoseok had just met the girl in class even though they had been in each other's presence almost everyday for the past semester. Their professor had assigned a project and as Hoseok looked around for a partner, he spotted her seated by the window. As if being pulled, he went straight towards her without seeing anything or anyone else and asked if she wanted to partner up; the girl looked genuinely surprised, but had agreed with a small smile.
 

A smile that had Hoseok thinking about her for the rest of the day as he snuck glances at her. They had met up again after both their classes had ended to start an outline for their project and Hoseok was entranced. He listened to everything she had to say, even if it was just school stuff, and was attentive to the smallest of details down to the way she had tucked her brown hair behind her ear. After two hours of working, she had looked up at him with apologetic eyes and said she had to get to her part-time job. Hoseok was perfectly fine with that and was quick to ask if they could exchange numbers... so they could meet up again the next day... for their project.
 

Maybe he had asked a little too quickly and a bit too eagerly.
 

Thinking back on it, Hoseok wonders if he came on a bit strong. Being friendly and outgoing was a part of him, but he tends to forget that not all people are used to that from the get-go. He remembers that it had taken Jungkook a few weeks to get used to his extroverted personality whereas Taehyung warmed up to him the second they had met. Hoseok looked down at his open notebook and let out a content sigh as he traced his fingers over her neatly written name... Lee Hyojin.
 

==========================================


The next day, they met up at a cafe and Hoseok was trying so hard not to outright stare at her every five seconds. But that was hard to do when she was looking so pretty wearing that simple pale pink t-shirt with a pair of blue jeans and pink converse. Since it was Friday and both were done with their classes for the day, they weren't feeling rushed and took their time researching various sources. Hoseok had his chin propped on the palm on his hand with a silly smile on his face when she suddenly looked up and made direct eye contact with him. He noticed how her cheeks turned pink as she cleared and quickly averted her gaze while tucking some hair behind her ear.
 

"I, um, finished the outline." she said, her soft voice sounding like a sweet melody.
 

"We can start typing out the paper, then!" said Hoseok cheerfully as he sat up straight, she just nodded as she looked through the notes before giving him half of the papers.
 

Hoseok had decided to just be himself because he didn't want to give her a fake impression of his personality. Since he knows she's more on the quiet side, Hoseok has an idea of what kind of responses to expect. Also, since he has quiet friends like Jungkook and Yoongi, he knows to not take short worded responses personally. He saw her taking out some color pencils and markers along with some long sheets of white paper and tilted his head to the side in confusion, then remembered they also had to make a board of some sort.
 

"I can't draw for ." blurted Hoseok as he let his hand drop on the tabletop, then let out a sheepish laugh when she just stared at him.
 

Smooth, Hoseok... his mind mocked him.
 

"That's okay. I can draw everything." she said with a small smile.
 

"No, no, that'll make me feel bad!" protested Hoseok while shaking his head, "We're already sharing the pages we have to type and if I let you draw everything, it won't be fair to you." he said while looking at her with pleading eyes.
 

"It's... I don't... Fine." she said with a look of defeat as she looked at her art supplies, "Are you okay with drawing the letters?" she asked while looking up at him again.
 

"That I can do." said Hoseok with a cheerful smile and mentally thanked Jungkook for teaching him, making her smile again as she handed him a pencil and a long sheet of drawing paper.
 

She also handed him a sheet of notebook paper with the title of their project and Hoseok was more than happy to get started. As she got started on her share, Hoseok would peek up at her and smile before quickly averting his gaze. She seemed a lot more relaxed now than she was yesterday and that made him way happier than it should have. He was halfway done with the letters when he looked up again and saw her looking at what he had drawn so far.
 

"What do you think? Is there something I should fix?" asked Hoseok, feeling a little nervous that he might have messed something up.
 

"No, it looks great." she replied, then looked at him and fully smiled; her eyes turning to crescents in the process, "You're pretty good, Hoseok." she complimented, making his face grow warm.
 

"T-Thanks." said Hoseok with a startled blink, that smile stunning him for a second.
 

She let out a small laugh and went back to her sketching, leaving Hoseok to openly stare at her as if she were from a different planet. Because Hyojin can't be human, right? Despite only spending time with her for two days, she's perfect in Hoseok's eyes and he can't seem to get her out of his mind. Could she be a siren? Because with an enchanting aura like hers, there's bound to be a bit of danger there as well.

Please log in to read the full chapter