Whoops

Notice me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Yoongi and Namjoon have been friends since middle school and even though Yoongi was more on the distant side, he was always there for Namjoon when the latter felt unsure of himself. Growing up, the other kids would make fun of Namjoon for his clumsy nature and that made him really self-conscious, so he avoided making new friends. Yoongi found that clumsiness endearing and would encourage his friend to just embrace that part of himself. Namjoon found that really weird at the time, but that's what he came to like about Yoongi; his way of seeing things from a different perspective. That's what made them such good friends in the first place, they balanced each other out and made up for what the other lacked.


When Jin and Hoseok appeared in their lives, Yoongi had been hesitant and extra protective towards Namjoon. But that was unnecessary because when the other two had witnessed Namjoon's clumsiness first hand, they showed concern above anything before finding it kind of cute. When they crossed paths with Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook, Yoongi had once again felt hesitant and kept Namjoon away from them for a while since they were younger and could possibly be more cruel. But yet again, he was worrying over nothing because Jimin was a total sweetheart, Taehyung was sometimes just as clumsy, and Jungkook found bullying immature. Thinking back on it, Yoongi feels like he had overreacted and completely misjudged the guys.
 

It's a quiet Saturday afternoon and Yoongi was lying on the couch in the living room, watching some movie. He would have joined Namjoon, but the latter was going to the library and do some research for fun... fun. Who does that? Apparently, Namjoon.
 

He's such a brain... Yoongi had thought when the younger told him his plan.
 

Now here he was, dozing off on the couch because this movie wasn't as interesting as he thought and it was boring the life out of him. Yoongi then gave a startled jump when his phone, which was placed on his stomach, buzzed with a message. He saw it was from Namjoon and quickly opened it.
 

From: Namjoonie


Hyung, did you know if a person is looking into your eyes
for more than 6 sec. without blinking they either wanna
do you or kill you? O.O
 

"The ?" said Yoongi out loud as he raised an eyebrow at the weird message before rolling his eyes with a laugh.
 

...I think you should stop learning for today, Joonie
 

A few seconds later, his phone buzzed again.
 

From: Namjoonie
 

But it's so fun TT__TT
Like, when you wake up around 2-3 a.m. for no reason,
there's an 80% chance that someone's staring at you :0
 

Yoongi chuckled as he sat up on the couch and replied.
 

That's only happened to me once and that was because
Taehyung's eyes were kind of open when he was sleeping
 

He then just stared blankly at his phone and a smile appeared on his face when it buzzed.
 

From: Namjoonie


...oh :/
Well, I'm heading home now & was gonna stop by the store
Do you want something?
 

Yoongi thought about it for a second before sending his reply, Namjoon texted back an 'ok' and Yoongi put his phone on the coffee table before getting up and stretched his arms over his head. He then ruffled his hair and went into the kitchen to get something to drink. It was when he was heading back into the living room that he heard the rustling on the doorknob, the door swung open and revealed a panting Namjoon holding a plastic bag.
 

"Were you running?" asked Yoongi in slight amusement as he watched how the blonde plopped down onto the couch and shut his eyes while trying to catch his breath.
 

"Ye... Yeah..." panted Namjoon, he pointed at the door then waved his hand.
 

"A dog was chasing me." he explained; Yoongi blinked a few times before he started laughing, making Namjoon open his eyes and pout at him.
 

"Don't laugh, hyung, the dog was pretty big and it just came at me." he said while sitting up; Yoongi was still laughing as he walked over and plopped down on the couch next to the younger, who gave him a push.
 

"Shut up or I won't give you your snacks." said Namjoon as he held up the bag.
 

The older stopped right away and sat up straight as he eyed the bag, he glanced at Namjoon before reaching out his hand towards it. Namjoon found this kind of cute and chuckled as he handed over the bag, Yoongi grinned as he took it and started rummaging. When he pulled something out, he looked over at Namjoon and saw the latter now had his head resting back against the couch with his hands crossed atop his stomach and his eyes were closed. Yoongi took a moment to admire Namjoon's facial features and unconsciously smiled, thinking the blonde had a nice balance between handsome and cute.
 

Namjoon had a set of eyes that were intense and could stare right into your soul, but they would immediately soften as soon as he smiled or laughed. His cheeks were a little chubby, but the definition of his jaw would show when he was concentrated on something. He would look intimidating at first glance, but he's a total softie who's actually pretty shy and dorky. Not a lot of people understand Namjoon, but Yoongi did and was glad he got to be friends with such a creative person. The older reached out and gave Namjoon's cheek a poke, making the younger open an eye to look at him.
 

"Hm?" he responded.
 

Yoongi just mindlessly stared at him for a bit without blinking and Namjoon suddenly opened his other eye and sat up straight with an alert look, he even scooted away a bit.
 

"W-Why are you looking at me like that, hyung?" he asked.
 

"Like what?" asked Yoongi as he tilted his head to the side.
 

"I don't know. You've got this weird look on your face and it's kind of creeping me out... a little." said Namjoon with furrowed brows as he inspected the older's face.
 

Yoongi didn't say anything and when Namjoon stood up, he got up as well. They had a bit of a staring contest until Namjoon blinked and cleared his throat as he looked away.
 

"Um, I'll be in my room." he mumbled before quickly leaving.
 

He's so easy to tease thought Yoongi with an amused snort as he plopped back down on the couch.
 

He will never admit that he found Namjoon really alluring just now.


=================================


The guys had decided to go to the amusement park the next day and even though Yoongi would much rather spend his last free day sleeping in his comfortable bed, he just couldn't say no to the pouting faces of Jimin and Taehyung. They took the bus, seeing as none of them had a car, and were lucky that there were a bunch of open seats for them to sit together.
 

"We should go on the biggest roller coaster first." said an excited Taehyung.
 

"Maybe we should save that for last, Taehyung." said Hoseok with a bit of an uneasy laugh.
 

"You just don't want us to hear you scream like a girl." said Jungkook, who had an arm around Taehyung's shoulders.
 

"You little -!" Hoseok was going to pounce on the maknae, but Jin grabbed him by the back of the shirt and pulled him back to his seat.
 

"We're in public." said the eldest, Jungkook stuck out his tongue at Hoseok and the latter was going to get up again when he saw the warning glare from Jin.
 

"Is there a ride where you kinda just, you know... sit there?" asked Yoongi, his head resting on Namjoon's shoulder.
 

"Well, there's the ferris wheel and the merry-go-round and there's also -" started Jimin.
 <

Please log in to read the full chapter