Fallin' for you

Notice me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook was always a quiet child, he didn't like using his voice much and preferred using his pencil. He was an obvious target for bullies growing up, but he didn't get bummed out nor did he let that stop him from being who he was. Jungkook never gave in to the peer pressure of fitting in and thus rendered him friendless... until he started his very first day of high school.
 

He had started off the day by keeping out of sight from his former classmates and from the upperclassmen, since he heard they liked teasing the new kids. Things were going well so far, so Jungkook decided to go out to the courtyard for lunch and got comfortable under a tree with his art supplies. He was in the middle of a sketch when he heard a male voice in the distance call out, "Watch out for that rock, you dimwit!" and looked up just in time to see someone land right in front of him... face first into the grass so all he saw was messy brown hair. Jungkook raised an eyebrow at the motionless body before looking up and seeing another guy with darker hair running up to them with a look of panic.
 

"Hey, kid, make sure he's alive!" he called as he got closer.


Jungkook looked back down at the still motionless guy and hesitantly used the tip of his own shoe to tap the guy's shoulder a few times, the body let out a pained groan and started to stir. He used his hands to push himself up, then raised his head and made eye contact with Jungkook. The other guy reached them and plopped down onto the grass beside the guy, who was now openly staring at Jungkook and the latter was starting to feel a little uncomfortable.


"Taehyung, let me see your face." said the guy as he leaned over to check his friend's condition.
 

The other guy, Taehyung, finally looked away and looked at his friend with a somewhat dazed look.
 

"Jimin, I think I'm seeing things." he said while blinking rapidly.
 

"Tell me something I don't know." deadpanned the other guy, Jimin.
 

"I'm serious!" exclaimed Taehyung with big eyes, he then looked at the quiet Jungkook.
 

"Are you a figment of my imagination or are you real?" he asked.
 

"Wouldn't a figment of your imagination tell you they're real just to mess with your sanity? Same with a real person saying they're not really real?" asked Jungkook, making Jimin look at him with an amused expression.
 

"You have a point there." said Taehyung, his brows furrowed as he nodded, he then looked at his friend.
 

"ChimChim, your face didn't say hello to the grass. Can you tell me if this talking bunny's real or not?" he asked.
 

"Bunny?" repeated Jimin with an are-you-serious? look.
 

"Cute?" asked Jungkook at the same time with a frown, he's never heard that from a person who wasn't family.
 

"First of all, Taehyung, this kid's a person. And second, I specifically told you not to run out of concern that you would land on your face. And what happened? You landed on your face." nagged Jimin, he then looked at Jungkook.
 

"He never listens to me." he said with an exasperated look.
 

"Bunny, I ran over here to get your name. So... what's your name?" asked Taehyung with a bright look, completely ignoring what his friend just said.
 

When Jungkook just glared at him without a word, Taehyung pouted while Jimin started laughing.
 

"I asked for your name, bunny, not for a dirty look." said Taehyung.
 

"You asked a bunny for its name. I don't see any bunnies around here, do you?" retorted Jungkook with a sarcastic smile.
 

"Yes." replied Taehyung with a blink, completely not understanding the problem here.
 

"What's you name, kid?" asked Jimin with a laugh, finding this hilarious.
 

"Jungkook." replied the younger, he even gave a friendly expression and a polite bow to the guy.
 

"I'm Jimin." said the latter cheerfully, he then pushed Taehyung so he toppled over to his side on the grass.
 

"And this is Taehyung." he added.
 

"Why did you answer Jimin and not me?" asked Taehyung while still pouting as he stared up at Jungkook, not bothering to sit up.
 

"Because he didn't refer to me as a bunny." said Jungkook, his eyes narrowing a bit.
 

"You're pretty mouthy, Jungkook... I like that." said Jimin with a laugh.
 

"It's sort of a defense mechanism." mumbled Jungkook with a shrug as he looked down at his sketch.
 

"Against what?" asked Taehyung with a genuine look of concern as he turned over onto his stomach and propped himself up on his elbows while Jimin also gave him a look of concern.
 

"People like you." replied Jungkook as he raised his eyes to glare at Taehyung, making the latter squint his eyes.
 

"You're lucky you're so cute or I would have given you a major wedgie by hanging you from your underwear on this branch for being so rude to me." said Taehyung.
 

"I'd like to see you try." retorted Jungkook, his shoulders hunching up a bit; something he usually does when someone gets him riled up.
 

"Okay, guys, chill." intervened Jimin as he placed a hand atop Taehyung's head.
 

"Kookie started it." said Taehyung, giving Jimin his best puppy eyes.
 

"What did you just call me?" demanded Jungkook with narrowed eyes.
 

"Guys!" interrupted Jimin again as Taehyung childishly stuck out his tongue at a frowning Jungkook.


=====================================


"You can let go of him now, Taehyung, he looks likes he's ready to murder you." said Jimin later that day.
 

"But he's so cute!" protested Taehyung while hugging an annoyed looking Jungkook to his chest.
 

The duo had decided that Jungkook would be their new friend and went to his classroom after the lesson to stalk wait for him. Jungkook barely had time to look up when he was being smothered by an overly excited Taehyung.
 

"Taehyung, what have I told you about hugging people you barely know?" asked Jimin with raised eyebrows as he put his hands on his hips.
 

"I don't wanna say." said Taehyung with a pout as he absentmindedly pet the back Jungkook's head.
 

"Taehyung." said Jimin in a stern tone.
 

"I don't wanna say!" insisted Taehyung.
 

"What does Jimin say about hugging barely known people?!" exclaimed Jimin impatiently.
 

"Jimin, you know I find it creepy as when you talk in third person." deadpanned Taehyung.
 

"Taehyung!" said an exasperated Jimin.
 

"Fine!" Taehyung gave in as he childishly stomped his feet a bit.
 

"If you keep hugging people you barely know, you'll get your stupid self arrested and the prisoners will use you as currency." he reluctantly said.
 

"That's right." said Jimin with a nod of approval.
 

"You actually speak in third person?" asked Jungkook with a blink.


Jimin face palmed as Taehyung started laughing whole heartedly and squeezed Jungkook a bit more, though the latter was being dead serious.
 

"You're so cute, Kookie! Jimin, can we keep him?" said Taehyung as he affectionately rubbed his cheek against Jungkook's.
 

"He's not a pet, you moron... and no." replied Jimin, trying so hard to keep his cool.
 

"But loo

Please log in to read the full chapter