Look what I can do

Notice me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

We all have an expectation on how a certain talent of ours should look. We see that talent as flawless when practiced to perfection with no possible reason for mistakes.
 

Jimin, however, seems to be cursed in that department.
 

While he is good at his talents, there's just a certain someone that makes those talents look like those of an amateur... only worse. It's Saturday afternoon and Jimin was with Jungkook at the park, just hanging out and doing some random acrobatics here and there.
 

"Okay, Jimin hyung, your turn." said a breathless Jungkook as he plopped down on the grass after doing a back flip.
 

Jimin grinned with a nod and made sure he had enough room before taking a few steps forward for momentum and jumped in the air and did a smooth flying kick before landing just as smoothly onto the grass.
 

"Whoa~ That was great, hyung!" said Jungkook with big eyes as he clapped.
 

"That took a lot of practice." said Jimin with a laugh as he sat down beside the younger.
 

"I remember when you first started, I would close my eyes right before you landed and by the way Taehyung hyung would either laugh or say, 'that had to hurt,' I knew it was bad." said Jungkook, making Jimin wince as he remembered how hard he would fall trying to get the landing right.
 

"Besides the two of us, you've never showed the guys how much better you got, have you?" asked Jungkook as he picked at the grass.
 

"No." replied Jimin.
 

"Why not?" asked Jungkook as he looked at the older with a curious look.
 

Jimin wordlessly shrugged as he looked up at the clear blue sky, the younger mimicked his actions and closed his eyes to just enjoy the cool breeze.
 

"I'll practice a few more times then I'll show the others." said Jimin after a while.
 

Jungkook just grinned as he continued to face the sky.


===============


A few days later, Jimin was feeling confident about his flying kick and asked the guys to gather around in the park so he could show how much he's improved. They were just waiting for Hoseok and Jin to arrive and Jimin was using the time to do some stretching.
 

"Are you sure you've got this down, Jimin?" asked a doubtful Taehyung, who was sitting on the grass beside Jungkook.
 

"Of course he does, hyung. Jimin hyung has been working hard and the flying kick looks great." said Jungkook with a broad grin.
 

"Will it still look great with Jin hyung watching?" asked Taehyung with a smirk, making Jimin lose his balance and fall on his .
 

"Jin hyung?" asked Jungkook with a confused look.
 

"Don't listen to Taehyung, Jungkook, he's having one of those odd days." said Jimin as he gave Taehyung a pointed look, the latter merely grinned back at him.
 

"There they are." said Yoongi, who was lying on his side on the grass.
 

"Sorry we're late, but Princess over here couldn't decide what to wear." said Hoseok with an exaggerated eye roll as he placed his hands on his hips.
 

"That was you, Hoseok." said Jin with a blink, making the others laugh.
 

"Perfection takes time, Jin hyung." said a sassy Hoseok as he did a smooth body roll.
 

"Are you still working on it?" asked Namjoon with a cheeky grin.
 

The others started laughing like crazy and even Hoseok had a grin on his face as he playfully pushed Namjoon down onto the grass. They then settled down and made somewhat of a semi circle as they looked up at a now nervous Jimin, he looked over at Jungkook and the younger nodded with an encouraging thumbs up.
 

Okay, Jimin, you can do this... You've done this tons of times... don't let Taehyung's words distract you... thought Jimin as he took a calming breath, then made the mistake of looking at Jin.
 

The older smiled sweetly at him and Jimin felt his face grow warm as he started choking on air.
 

Well, damn it... thought Jimin as he softly patted his chest.
 

"You okay, Jimin?" asked Yoongi in concern, mistaking his blushing face as a result of the coughing fit.
 

"Y-Yeah, I'm okay." said Jimin, he regulated his breathing once more and avoided looking at Jin again as he got ready.
 

"He's just nervous." said Jungkook, the others nodded in understanding and waited patiently.
 

Taehyung didn't mean to think it, but he just knew something was going to go wrong now that Jimin was aware of Jin's presence. He looked at the older and saw him looking at Jimin with his full attention, the way he always did when Jimin had something to show them. Taehyung then looked back at Jimin and almost face palmed at how nervous he looked now.
 

You can do this, I know you can... he thought.
 

Jimin knew it shouldn't take him this long to get ready for what was now a simple flying kick, but the fact that he was so aware of Jin's presence was putting a lot of pressure to do this right the first time.
 

As soon as his feet left the ground, Jungkook and Taehyung knew Jimin had not gotten enough momentum for the kick; Jimin ended up falling mid turn and landed on his back onto the grass. Jin's eyes grew wide with concern as he and the others, except Taehyung and Jungkook, crawled over to Jimin. The latter placed his forearm over his eyes and just lied there, feeling embarrassed that he had messed up so miserably.
 

"Jimin, are you okay?" asked Jin as he tried to pry away his forearm, but it wouldn't budge.
 

"That looked like it really hurt." said Namjoon as he placed a hand on Jimin's shoulder and started massaging it.
 

"Do you want to try again, Jimin?" asked Yoongi as he rested his chin on Namjoon's shoulder to look at the younger.
 

"Guys, give him some air." said Hoseok as he used his hands to fan Jimin's face.
 

Taehyung just shook his head, feeling bad for Jimin, while Jungkook craned his neck to see if their friend was alright. Jimin removed his forearm from his eyes and waved his arms about to get the guys to move away, he then rolled over onto his side with his back facing his friends.
 

"Can you guys let me be for a second? I'd like to wallow in self pity for a bit." he said as he covered his face with his hands.
 

Jin smiled while the others chuckled, all of them feeling relieved he wasn't hurt.
 

"Come on, Jimin, just get up and try again." encouraged Namjoon.
 

"We'll pretend this didn't happen." added Hoseok.
 

"I won't pretend." said Yoongi with a blink.
 

The others gave him a judging look and even Jimin turned to glare at him, Yoongi merely shrugged at them before crawling over to Taehyung and plopped down across his lap. The latter let out an 'oomph!' at the sudden weight while Jungkook looked at Yoongi with a displeased look. Their attention was then diverted back to Jimin, who was now sitting up.
 

"Are you going to try again?" asked Namjoon with an expectant yet unsure look.
 

Jimin only nodded as he stood up, the others cheered in encouragement and went to sit in their original spots; except Yoongi,

Please log in to read the full chapter