What friends are for

Notice me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jimin spent the rest of the evening thinking about his conversation with Taehyung. The latter had suggested talking to Namjoon or Yoongi since they knew way more than he did. But Jimin discarded that idea right away because there was no way he was bringing up that topic with them because one, Yoongi will surely laugh his head off and two... well, maybe it wouldn't be so bad to talk to Namjoon. Jimin pulled out his phone and asked the older if they could meet up tomorrow, stressing the point that he wanted to talk about something private, and felt relief when Namjoon gave him an okay.
 

The next day, Saturday, Jimin was waiting at the cafe they had agreed to meet up and since he arrived a little early, he thought up of ways to bring up the topic. Just as he was coming up with what seemed like the millionth idea, Jimin gave a startled jump when he felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up with big eyes which caused Namjoon to laugh in amusement.
 

"You were more distracted than I thought." said the blonde as he took a seat across the younger.
 

"I was just thinking of how to start what I wanted to say." said Jimin with a pout.
 

"Did you come up with something?" asked Namjoon with a grin.
 

"No." replied the younger as his shoulders hunched in defeat.
 

"Well, why don't you start with telling me why you wanted to talk in private?" asked Namjoon with a patient expression.
 

Jimin right away felt his face grow warm as he averted his gaze and was starting to think this wasn't such a good idea after all. He was biting his lower lip in a nervous manner when he felt Namjoon's hand atop his own, making Jimin look up and see the blonde looking at him with a small smile.
 

"If it helps, I kind of have an idea of what it is." said Namjoon with a knowing wink, making the younger's face grow even more warm.
 

"H-How?" Jimin practically squeaked, his eyes really big.
 

"Taehyung." replied Namjoon with a shrug, then saw the murderous expression that crossed Jimin's face and hastily added, "He didn't tell anyone else, just me! He thought you would feel more comfortable coming to me instead of Yoongi hyung and filled me in."
 

He saw how Jimin visibly relaxed and let out a relieved sigh, Namjoon then smiled as he gave the younger's hand a squeeze.
 

"Believe me when I say that you're not the only one who has thought about going further in your relationship." he revealed, making Jimin look up with shocked eyes.
 

"I probably shouldn't be putting Jin hyung on blast like this, but he also wonders what it would be like to go all the way with you." said Namjoon and he swears he has never seen a person turn so red like Jimin did right now.
 

"B-But he's always so careful with me... We never go past cuddling and kissing, things are always kept tamed and he stops right away if things start getting heated." said Jimin, keeping his eyes on the table.
 

"That's because he doesn't want to scare you." said Namjoon with a warm smile, "Jin hyung thinks that if he takes things a little further, it might make you feel like things are being rushed and that's the last thing he wants."
 

"I guess I understand that." said Jimin, a smile making its way to his face as he mulled things over.
 

"The same thing happened between Yoongi hyung and I." said Namjoon with a laugh, making the younger look up with interest, "He wanted to take things further, but he never did because he thought it was too soon and that it would make me uncomfortable. But when I caught on to what he was thinking, I was the one who started the advances."
 

"Namjoon hyung." said Jimin as he playfully wiggled his eyebrows with a grin, making the older laugh as a light blush covered his cheeks.
 

"Yeah... Anyway, one thing led to another and now he's not so subtle about letting me know what he wants." said Namjoon as he looked down with this adorably shy look on his face.
 

"I never thought you could be capable of being cute, Namjoon hyung." said Jimin with a disbelieving laugh, getting this weird urge to reach across the table and pinch his hyung's cheeks.
 

"Well, now you know." said the blonde with a laugh of his own, he then looked up at Jimin, "So, my advice to you would be to show Jin hyung that you're ready to step things up. I'm not saying to completely go for it in one day, just let him know he doesn't have to be so careful."
 

"W-What exactly can I do to show him?" asked Jimin shyly, making the older smile.
 

"Start with small gestures. When you're hanging out at his place and he's just sitting there on the couch, casually sit on his lap. Or when you guys are making out or cuddling, subtly slip you hand into his shirt." said Namjoon.
 

Jimin jutted out his lips thoughtfully as he let that sink in, thinking it just might work. He knows he's not the most graceful person out there, but he knows he can manage these small things.
 

"I'll give those a try." said Jimin with a nod, he was determined to show Jin he was ready for something more.
 

Namjoon cheered him on and after that, they had a nice lunch together while talking about random things. When their meal was done, Jimin announced he was going to Jin's place and Namjoon offered to accompany him since the bus was usually crowded on a Saturday. Jimin agreed and after leaving the cafe, they walked to the nearest bus stop. It didn't take long for the bus to come by and it was as crowded as they had expected, Jimin and Namjoon exchanged a 'what-can-you-do?' looked before stepping in and paid the fare. They mumbled out sorry's and excuse me's as they made their way towards the middle of the bus where there was a vacant space.
 

As the bus rolled along, Jimin started feeling uncomfortable when he noticed there was this much older man near the back eyeing his every move and turned around as he stepped closer to Namjoon. The bus made a few stops and as more people got out, others were shuffling to the vacant seats. Jimin carefully looked over his shoulder mentally cursed when the man was still staring at him, he had even moved closer so they were now only two people apart. Jimin tugged on Namjoon's sleeve, making the latter look over questioningly.
 

"Um, t-the man behind these two ladies keeps staring at me." said Jimin in a low voice so only the older could hear.
 

Namjoon raised his eyes and when he saw the older man openly ogling Jimin like some ert, he frowned and wrapped a protective arm around the younger while pulling him close. That's when the man looked up and stared at Namjoon instead, the latter glared back challengingly which made the man look away with a huff. The two women stepped off the bus next, so Namjoon had Jimin stand on his other side so he was now between his friend and the man. The latter had the nerve to then side eye Namjoon scornfully as he muttered something under his breath that had the blonde clenching his hands into fists.
 

"Mind repeating that a little louder?" said Namjoon, his angry tone attracting the attention of a few passengers.
 

"I did not say a single thing to you." said the man, his eyes fixed out the window.
 

"Yet you looked right at me when you did." said Namjoon.
 

When the man obviously ignored him, Namjoon scoffed and placed a hand on Jimin's back as he steered the younger closer to the front.
 

"That's right, wa

Please log in to read the full chapter