Long talks

Notice me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"You really do look nice with brown hair, Taehyung." said Jimin with a smile as he played with the soft strands.
 

It's Friday afternoon and they were just hanging out in Taehyung's room, the latter was lying on his bed with his head on Jimin's lap; who was sitting up against the headboard. Jungkook had gone out of town with his parents and Hyeri for the weekend so Taehyung had asked Jimin for company.
 

"I'm thinking of adding some green streaks at the front." said Taehyung, who was playing a game on his phone.
 

"That would look great." said Jimin as he swept back all the hair on Taehyung's forehead, then laughed at how silly it looked and let it fall back; the strands now stuck out in funny places.
 

"Kookie told me I should stop coloring my hair so often. Something about my hair falling out and me ending up bald." said Taehyung, he paused his game and raised his eyes to look at Jimin uneasily.
 

"I won't go bald, will I?" he hesitantly asked.
 

"If you keep using lightener, you will." said Jimin with a serious expression, making Taehyung's eyes widen in horror.
 

"No~" he wailed, then looked up at the ceiling worriedly as he thought of a solution.
 

"Okay... I'll just put in the green streaks and after that, I'll give my hair a rest. I won't color it again until it fully grows out... yeah... that should keep it strong and healthy." thought Taehyung out loud, then looked back at Jimin with big eyes.
 

"B-But if I ever do go bald, d-do you think Kookie will still love me?" he asked, making Jimin start laughing as he leaned back against the headboard.
 

"Are you serious?" he asked.
 

"Yes!" exclaimed Taehyung in a bit of a panic now, he sat up and pulled up Jungkook's number on his phone.
 

Jimin composed himself as he watched his friend bite his lip in worry while waiting for the maknae to pick up. When he finally did, Taehyung's face lit up.
 

"Kookie! Will you still love me if I'm bald?!" he quickly asked before the Jungkook could get a word in.
 

The other side of the line was dead silent, making Taehyung right away panic some more as he looked at Jimin with a crestfallen expression.
 

"He's not saying anything, Jimin! What if Kookie dumps me once I start balding?!" he wailed.
 

"It's gonna take way more than balding for me to dump you, hyung." came Jungkook's voice.
 

"Why did it take you so long to answer?!" demanded Taehyung, who actually got a little teary eyed.
 

"Drama queen." said Jimin under his breath while rolling his eyes as he got off the bed and left the room to get a snack.
 

"I had to leave the room for some privacy because Hyeri noona heard your loud voice and started laughing obnoxiously. And it didn't take me that long to answer you, don't exaggerate." said Jungkook.
 

"S-So you wouldn't care if I had hair or not? You'd still love me?" asked Taehyung with a sniff as he grabbed the nearest pillow and hugged it.
 

"Of course I'd still love you, Taehyung hyung." assured Jungkook affectionately, the smile could be heard in his voice, "I'll love you no matter what, and I know this will never happen, but... if you ever cheat on me, I'll dump you in a second and hate you forever." that last sentence was said so seriously that it should have sent a chill down Taehyung's spine, but...
 

"Likewise." said the older just as seriously.
 

"I'm glad we understand each other." said Jungkook.
 

"I am, too." said Taehyung, a silly smile then appeared on his face as he hugged the pillow to his chest, "You said you love me." he said in a more teasing voice.
 

"Y-Yeah, so? What are you gonna do about it?" said Jungkook, making the brunette coo at how flustered the maknae sounded while trying to be tough.
 

"Nothing." said Taehyung with a laugh.
 

"That's right. Nothing." said Jungkook with a huff, they then stayed silent for a while until he spoke up again, "So... is that the only reason you called me?" he asked.
 

"Nope!" said Taehyung, his silly smile coming back as he lied down and stared at the ceiling, "I wanted to say I miss you and want you to come back already."
 

"I just left today, hyung." said Jungkook, his voice sounding a little shy, making Taehyung chuckle.
 

"Do you miss me, too, Kookie?" he asked.
 

"Y-Yes." replied Jungkook, sounding more shy than before.
 

"How much?" asked Taehyung.
 

"I don't know... like, a lot... I guess..." mumbled Jungkook and the older could just imagine the blush on his boyfriend's cheeks.
 

"A lot, huh? Hm, I don't think I believe you." said Taehyung, his voice low and teasing.
 

"Well, you should." said Jungkook, sounding a little offended; but just a little.
 

"And if I don't? What are you gonna do about it?" asked Taehyung challengingly, mimicking the maknae's words from earlier.
 

"I... N-Nothing." replied Jungkook, who sounded like he was trying to put up a fight but just couldn't.
 

"That's right. Nothing." said Taehyung smugly, then laughed when he heard the younger complaining on the other end about not being fair and to stop the teasing.
 

"My mom's calling me now, her and my dad wanted to take Hyeri noona and I sightseeing." said Jungkook with a sigh, "But I don't want to go right now. I want to keep talking to you." he quietly added.
 

"Go have fun with your family, Kookie." encouraged Taehyung with a smile, "Oh, and take lots of pictures! I want to see everything you saw!" he added excitedly.
 

"But Taehyung hyung..." said Jungkook, sounding like he was pouting.
 

"You'll have me all to yourself when you get back and we can talk all you w

Please log in to read the full chapter