Closure

Notice me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The next afternoon, Jin asked Jaehwan if they could meet up to talk about a few things; both were done with their classes for the day, so they met up at a nearby cafe. Jin had gotten there first and was on his phone when he heard the little bells on the door jingle, he looked up and saw Jaehwan step in. Since his talk with Jimin, Jin now saw the blonde in a new light. Jaehwan spotted him and grinned as he walked over, Jin set his phone aside on the table and waited for the other to sit.
 

"Will this take long?" was the first thing Jaehwan asked once seated.
 

"I don't know. Why?" replied Jin with a shrug.
 

"I have somewhere to be." said Jaehwan with a weird expression.
 

"You should have just told me you had a date, Jaehwan, I wouldn't have insisted you come here." said Jin with furrowed brows.
 

"No, it's not a date, it's more like... getting closure." said Jaehwan, a small smile appearing on his face.
 

"For what?" asked Jin as he leaned forward a bit.
 

"Something I did." said Jaehwan vaguely as he waved his hand dismissively, "What did you want to talk about?" he asked with a grin.
 

"Jimin." replied Jin, deciding to just be straightforward about it.
 

"Is he okay? Does he still feel sick?" asked Jaehwan with a concerned look.
 

"He's completely okay and feeling a lot better now." said Jin with a smile, but then turned serious again, "He... He told me a few things about you yesterday that got me thinking." he said.
 

"L-Like what?" asked Jaehwan cautiously.
 

"That you knew about his feelings for me back when you and I were still in high school. That you told him to forget about it because you and I liked each other at the time." said Jin, his expression neutral.
 

He saw how Jaehwan lowered his gaze as if ashamed of himself and when he looked back up, he had a guilty look on his face as well as apologetic.
 

"It's true." he said.
 

"You knew how sensitive Jimin was back then, Jaehwan. Why would you tell him something like that?" asked Jin, his tone gentle and not reprimanding.
 

"I was stupid... I was just a stupid teenager with an infatuation and felt intimidated by a preteen." admitted Jaehwan as he ran a hand through his hair, "I saw how close the two of you were and it made me jealous." he added with an embarrassed expression.
 

"The two of us are pretty close, too." pointed out Jin.
 

"Yeah... we were." said Jaehwan with a chuckle.
 

"No, not were. We are. We are still close, Jaehwan." corrected Jin, a smile appearing on his face when he saw Jaehwan laugh while averting his gaze.
 

"The closure I mentioned... it has to do with Jimin." said the latter, his eyes on the table in front of him, "I apologized to him once before, but he didn't forgive me. He just got up, left, and cut off all communication with me." he said with a pained expression.
 

"Was that why you would always ask about him when we talked?" asked Jin.
 

"Yeah, it was also why I would ask you not to mention me to him. I knew I was the last person he wanted to hear about." said Jaehwan, he then looked at Jin, "Now that we're on the subject, I would also like to apologize to you for asking you to keep our relationship secret. I just didn't want Jimin to know because in the back of my mind, I knew that what I had told him was wrong."
 

"He said you rubbed our relationship in his face." said Jin with raised eyebrows as he crossed his arms.
 

Jaehwan's eyes widened a bit, but he then let out a sigh as he ran a hand through his hair again and looked away with an expression that read he couldn't believe himself. Jin saw that this was truly eating Jaehwan up inside and knew the blonde regretted his actions.
 

"I actually thought I was all high and mighty back then and thought that if I told Jimin you were with me, he would back off." said Jaehwan, his voice low and bitter, "I'm really such an idiot and wouldn't be surprised if he never forgives me." he said with a humorless laugh.
 

"Well, I accept your apology, Jaehwan." said Jin with a small smile as he reached across the table to put his hand atop Jaehwan's.
 

"Thanks, Jin, that really does mean a lot." said the latter with a small smile of his own.
 

"But I don't know how Jimin will react." said Jin with an uneasy look.
 

"Me neither. I was actually foolish to think he had forgiven me when I saw you guys again at that cafe. But the cold way he looked at me and the harsh words he would say, it was more than clear how he felt about me... That's when I knew the severity of what I did." said Jaehwan.
 

"At least you admit you were in the wrong, that's a step in the right direction. Jimin's matured a lot lately, so I'm sure he'll at least hear you out." said Jin encouragingly.
 

"I hope so." said Jaehwan as he let out a weary sigh.


==================================


Jin decided to accompany Jaehwan to Jimin's house after their heart to heart, the blonde was more than grateful for the company as he now stood at Jimin's front door. He rang the doorbell with trembling fingers and waited while Jin gave him a comforting pat on the shoulder.
 

"It'll be okay." he assured with a smile, Jaehwan just nodded as he let out a nervous breath.
 

The door opened and they were met with a curious Taehyung, who right away smiled broadly when he saw them.
 

"Hi, you two! Come in!" he cheerfully said as he stepped aside.
 

"Jimin, your lover's here!" shouted Taehyung as he ran into the kitchen, making the other two look at each other in slight amusement as they took off their shoes.
 

They stepped into the living room and saw Jungkook sprawled on the couch and just staring at the ceiling. Jimin stepped into the room a moment later and his face lit up when he saw Jin, he scurried over and gave him a peck on the lips. He then looked over and his expression darkened when he saw Jaehwan.
 

"If you're here to visit my parents, they aren't here." said Jimin.
 

"I actually came here to see you, Jimin." said Jaehwan with a tentative smile.
 

"Well, you saw me. So, bye." said Jimin with a mocking smile then turned to walk off, but Jin held him back by the arm.
 

"Can you two please talk?" he softly asked.
 

"There's nothing to talk about anymore." said Jimin as he pulled his arm away.
 

"Well, can you listen to what he has to say? Please, Jimin, do it for me." said Jin with pleading eyes as he put his hands on his boyfriend's shoulders.
 

Jimin inhaled through his nose and exhaled through his mouth, he then looked at Jaehwan and looked away in annoyance as he ran a hand through his hair.
 

"Fine. I'll do it for you, Jin hyung." he reluctantly agreed.
 

"Thank you." said Jin with a smile as he pressed a soft kiss to Jimin's forehead.
 

"Let's go to my room." said Jimin to Jaehwan, not looking at him as he led the way.
 

Once they were gone, Jin sighed and went towards the couch. Jungkook tore his ga

Please log in to read the full chapter