Maybe I'm jealous

Notice me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jin knew a lot when it came to Jimin, but what he did not know was just how popular Jimin is at his high school. Jin was currently waiting by the gates with his gaze set on the double doors of the school, he saw a couple of students starting to come out and stood up straight so he could start looking for his boyfriend. He saw a mop of orange hair in the crowd and knew it was Taehyung, meaning either Jimin was with him or it wasn't much longer for Jimin to come out.
 

"Taehyung!" called Jin as he waved his arms above his head, the younger looked over at the sound of his name and grinned as he ran over.
 

"Hey, Jin hyung!" greeted Taehyung when he reached the older.
 

"Where's Jimin?" asked Jin as he ruffled the orange locks.
 

"Um... I don't know." replied Taehyung with a shrug, his voice coming out a little hesitant.
 

Jin looked at him suspiciously, but before he could comment on it, Jungkook joined them and simply latched himself to Taehyung's back while burying his face on his shoulder.
 

"Hyung, I told you to wait for me." complained Jungkook, he then noticed Jin and just blinked at him.
 

"I know, Kookie, but there were too many kids in the halls." said Taehyung with a smile.
 

"Jungkook, have you seen Jimin?" asked Jin, he noticed the way Taehyung tensed up a bit as he side glanced the maknae.
 

"I saw him at his locker on my way out." replied Jungkook, he then looked over at the entrance of the school.
 

"He was talking with someone, though. I forgot his name, but he's a sunbae and it kind of looked like a confe-"
 

"Lemon sherbet ice cream!" interrupted Taehyung, making Jin and Jungkook look at him as if offended.
 

"What about it?" asked Jin with furrowed brows, he was definitely sure Taehyung was hiding something that had to do with Jimin.
 

"Nothing. It's just that it's made with lemons. Lemons are yellow, you know, which is a happy color. So, it makes me happy. Are you guys happy?" rambled Taehyung.
 

"I think you should sit down, hyung." said Jungkook, his eyes a little squinted as he observed his boyfriend's face; he sometimes wonders if the fumes of the lightener had somehow affected his brain.
 

"So, what were you saying, Jungkook?" asked Jin, returning to the topic.
 

"It looked like the guy was confe-"
 

"Confectioner's sugar!" interrupted Taehyung again.
 

"Taehyung..." said Jin with a weary look.
 

"No, hear me out! It's good for when you need to quickly dissolve sugar and it works as a subtle decoration for pastries and -" Jungkook had clamped a hand over Taehyung's mouth, muffling the rest of his words as Jin face palmed.
 

"Jin hyung!" called a cheerful voice just then, they looked over and saw Jimin running towards them with a grin on his face; Jin smiled and noticed a single red rose in Jimin's hand, he curiously eyed it as the younger reached them.
 

"You should have told me you were coming." said Jimin with a laugh, his eyes darted towards the school for a moment.
 

"That wouldn't have be fun." said Jin with a smile as he stepped up to the younger and cupped his face before placing a soft kiss on his lips.
 

"Ew, we're in public." said Taehyung with a grimace.
 

"I said the same thing to you during lunch, remember?" countered Jimin as he glared at a now grinning Taehyung and a blank Jungkook.
 

"It was just the three of us, though." said the latter.
 

Jin chuckled as Jimin playfully swatted Jungkook's arm, Taehyung made a discreet motion towards the rose in Jimin's hand. The latter quickly hid it behind his back as he cast a semi-nervous look towards Jin, who didn't seem to notice... yet.
 

"Well, let's get going." said Taehyung as he wrapped and arm around Jungkook's shoulders and started walking.
 

Jin and Jimin followed and the older couldn't help but notice how strange Taehyung and Jimin were acting, mostly due to the pointed looks they kept giving each other; those two seemed to have a language only they could understand. Jin found it a little odd yet suspicious how Jimin kept hiding the rose in his hand.
 

"Why do you keep hiding the rose, Jimin?" asked Jin, part of him genuinely curious and the other part feeling a little uneasy.
 

Jimin visibly tensed as his eyes quickly looked at Taehyung, who looked just as nervous as he sent more of those secret glances. Jimin then let out a forced laugh as he reluctantly brought the rose into view and looked at it while trying to come up with something to say.
 

"It's windy! Jimin probably didn't want the petals to fly off." said Taehyung, his face lighting up with a grin.
 

"The wind isn't strong enough to blow off the petals." said Jungkook, making Taehyung grin a little wider as he brought Jungkook a little closer.
 

"Play along, Kookie." whispered Taehyung, Jungkook just rolled his eyes.
 

"Where did you get the rose from?" asked Jin, his eyes squinting a bit.
 

"The courtyard." replied Jimin, the quickness of his response making the older a little more uneasy.
 

"The courtyard doesn't have roses." said Jungkook with a blink, making Jimin glare at him while Taehyung chuckled nervously as he gave his boyfriend's shoulder a squeeze.
 

"Let's go on ahead, Kookie. These two probably want some privacy." said Taehyung as he turned Jungkook around by the shoulders and gently pushed him away.
 

Once the other two were alone, Jimin didn't dare look at Jin because he knew he would spill everything once he looked into those eyes. Jimin gave a little startled jump when he felt a hand at the back of his head.
 

"Jungkook mentioned you were talking to someone before coming out of the school..." started Jin, his tone indescribable as he started to softly Jimin's hair.
 

"Yeah... I was talking to Jackson, this guy from my science class. He... He wanted to see the notes from the last lesson since he was absent." said Jimin, making sure he didn't stutter with how anxious he was feeling even though he wasn't technically lying.
 

Jackson did ask if he could see the science notes if Jimin wasn't needing them, but there was something extra they had talked about. Jimin felt like the rest of their conversation was irrelevant at this moment. Jin just hummed in response and let his hand slide from the back of Jimin's head to his nape, he felt how the younger shuddered a bit as he gulped.
 

Why does he look so nervous? wondered Jin, not realizing his thoughtful stare was making Jimin feel like he was being interrogated.
 

"And Jungkook's right; there aren't any roses in the courtyard." said the older, knowing this bit of information since he had gone to the same high school.
 

"Just because I said I got it from the courtyard doesn't mean I plucked it from a bush, I could have found it on one of the benches or on the floor." said Jimin, his defensive tone making Jin put the pieces together.
 

"Or Jackson could have given it to you." said the older, his eyes narrowing a bit at the idea.
 

"He didn't, he just wanted the notes from the last lesson." lied Jimin, discreetly crossing his fingers behind his back.
 

"Are you sure?" asked Jin with a raised eyebrow, knowing the younger was never good at lying; especially to him.
 

Jin saw right away how Jimin hesitated to answer this time before biting his bottom lip while he slowly nodded, as if unsure of himself. The older reached out with his other hand and gave Jmin's nose a pinch, making the younger gasp in surprise.
 

"Don't be surprised if your nose gives Pinocchio a run for his money." said Jin with a teasing grin, Jimin just rubbed his nose with a pout as he looked up at the older.
 

I'm sure there's more to this thought Jin, letting the matter drop for now.


=====================

Please log in to read the full chapter