Playing with fire

Notice me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Monday morning rolled around and Jimin was trying hard to focus in class, but his mind kept wandering to Jin. He never went to get his basketball and he had decided to sleep over at Taehyung's house because he knew he wouldn't be able to face Jin if he happen to show up at his own house. He had then spent the day with a cheerful Taehyung and a reluctant Jungkook, who would grumble about how he should have slept in. His phone had ended up flooded with messages and missed calls from Jin; before, Jimin would have been thrilled, but now he was just nervous.


Most of the messages were just simple greeting texts while others were reminders for Jimin to come and get his basketball. Jimin felt bad for not replying to anything, but he just knew he might say more than he should and make everything an awkward mess. So, he kept himself distracted and if he ever was confronted by Jin, he would just use school as an excuse. Speaking of which, the bell for the end of class rang and Jimin gathered his things at a leisurely pace. When he slung his book bag over his shoulder, he looked up and saw Taehyung waiting at the door with Jungkook.
 

"Took you long enough." said Jungkook sarcastically as they started walking towards the cafeteria.
 

Jimin was too distracted to even chide Jungkook for his sass, making the maknae and Taehyung look at each other questioningly. When they reached the cafeteria and got their food, the trio sat at their usual table.
 

"By the way, Hoseok hyung texted me earlier." said Jungkook.

 

"What did he say?" asked Taehyung as he took a bite of his food.
 

The younger took out his phone and after looking through his messages, he pulled up the one from Hoseok and read it out loud.
 

"He says... 'Jungkook, tell Jimin to stop being a little and go get his basketball from Jin hyung or I swear I will lock them both up in a room until one of them cracks.'" Jungkook, then raised a judging eyebrow.
 

"He sent that in all capital letters and with like a million exclamation points... I think he means it." he said and pocketed his phone.
 

"What does he mean 'until one of us cracks?'" asked Jimin in confusion.
 

"Um, well... you know how weird Hoseok hyung can be. He just says things that don't make sense." says Taehyung with a nervous laugh.
 

"That's you." said Jungkook, who had now taken out his sketch pad and was sketching away.
 

"Why are you suddenly against me, Kookie? You would always take my side and agree with what I would say." said Taehyung with a pout.

 

"He has to be mean to you, Taehyung. That's what boys do when they like someone." said Jimin with a teasing grin.
 

"What if they get jealous when your friends harmlessly flirt with you right in front of him? " asked Jungkook with a raised eyebrow as he continued to sketch.
 

"What?" asked Jimin in confusion.
 

"Kookie." said Taehyung in a warning tone, knowing the youngest was referring to Jin.
 

"He never did it before, but if he suddenly looks at you differently and he even makes it stupidly obvious that he's staring... Does that mean he likes you?" continued Jungkook with a smirk this time, his eyes still on his sketch pad.
 

"What are you even talking about, Jungkook?" asked Jimin with a lost look.
 

"Nothing, Jimin. Kookie must have eaten something and he's having an allergic reaction." said Taehyung with a dismissive laugh.
 

Jimin just furrowed his brows and was going to change the subject, but then he noticed the look of warning Taehyung gave Jungkook when the latter looked up; like they knew something Jimin didn't. The latter let many things slide when it came to these two, but something told him this was something he should know.
 

"You two have been acting weird. Why are all of you acting weird all of a sudden?" asked Jimin with a frown.
 

"To be fair, Taehyung hyung is always weird." said Jungkook with a grin.
 

"Then what's your excuse, Jungkook?" asked Jimin with raised eyebrows.
 

"Um, I hang out with him too much and it's rubbing off on me?" replied Jungkook as he looked at Jimin with a cute smile.
 

Jimin just scoffed, but smiled reluctantly. Why can't he ever resist when Jungkook suddenly acts all cute?
 

"But seriously, don't think I haven't noticed. At first, I thought I was imagining it. But when we went to the amusement park and Jungkook suddenly initiated skinship with me, I knew something was off." said Jimin suspiciously.
 

"You caught me, Jimin hyung." said Jungkook as he placed his sketch pad face down on the table and looked at Jimin with a straight face.
 

"Kookie..." called Taehyung warningly again.
 

"No, it's fine, hyung. I think it's time for Jimin hyung to know... You guys have covered it well enough until now." said Jungkook.
 

"Know what?" asked a cautious Jimin.
 

"Jimin hyung... I really like you and your hot bod, so I think I should give you the privilege to ask me out." said Jungkook with the straightest face ever.
 

Taehyung blinked a few times before he started snickering and then just crossed his arms on the table and lowered his head atop them to start full out laughing; Jimin also blinked repeatedly at Jungkook.
 

"You have got to be ting me, Jungkook." said Jimin while shaking his head as he got up and walked out of the cafeteria, knowing the youngest wasn't going to talk.
 

Jungkook watched him go with the same straight face until Jimin was completely gone, he then picked up his sketch pad and continued what he was doing.
 

"And that is how you stop a prying Jimin hyung." he said with a little grin.
 

Taehyung look up with a big smile on his face and went to sit super close beside Jungkook, who quickly pressed his sketch pad to his chest and looked at the older with big eyes. Taehyung then leaned in and gave him a big hug while still smiling broadly as he squished his cheek against the younger's.
 

"You're a genius, Kookie!" he happily said.
 

"Tsk, was there ever a doubt?" said Jungkook with a scoff, his cheeks a faint pink.


===================================


After school, Jimin decided to go to the dance studio and asked Jungkook if he wanted to tag along since the younger had taken an interest in dancing. Taehyung declined after being asked, saying he had something to do and winked at them before leaving.
 

"If I did do something to Taehyung every time he came up with something stupid, how many times would he be at the hospital?" asked Jimin as he now looked through the music on his phone.
 

"Hm... hard to say, but he would have been in critical condition at least fifty times. Especially after that one time when he told Yoongi hyung you were stalking him." replied Jungkook as he did some stretching.
 

"I wasn't stalking him! Yoongi hyung was just walking faster than I was." said Jimin defensively.
 

"There was a whole block difference between you." said Jungkook with a grin.
 

"Shut up." said Jimin, his cheeks blushing a bit.
 

"How did you go from liking Yoongi hyung to Jin hyung?" asked Jungkook, refusing to drop the subject.
 

"I never liked Yoongi hyung like that, Jungkook, I was just a little giddy from meeting Jin hyung's college friends." said Jimin with a small smile.
 

"But you reacted normally to Namjoon hyung and with Hoseok hyung... well, I remember you threw a couch cushion at him and called him a ert before hiding behind Jin hyung." said Jungkook, chuckling at the memory.
 

"Hoseok hyung was kind of creepy at first, always randomly hugging me and pinching my cheeks." said Jimin with a pout.
 

"You did have squeezable cheeks." pointed out Jungkook with a laugh.
 

"Yeah and you all made sure to pinch them when you first met me." said Jimin while still pouting, but then smiled.
 

"Let's just dance." he added, Jungkook nodded in agreement and both got into position.
 

They then danced for a while and after Jimin had showed Jungkook some new moves, he left the youngest to practice in front of the mirror while he went to take a sip from his water bottle. He then heard Jungkook's phone go off with a message and looked over to see he was still into getting the new moves down.
 

"Jungkook, your phone." called Jimin, then took a few sips of water.
 

Jungkook quickly stopped what he was doing and went to check, Jimin found it a little amusing how his eyes lit up and how he tried to hide the smile on his face.
 

"Is it Taehyung? asked Jimin teasingly.
 

"Tch, no." said Jungkook as he turned away from the older and started replying; when he was done, he looked back at Jimin with his

Please log in to read the full chapter