Chapter Nine

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The afternoon sun is warm and bright; its warmth emits from the dry bush, carrying the rich smell of mint and the honey scent of white carnations. Kim held hands with Ploy as they walked slowly to where Air Jittaleela was laid to rest. Kim knelt beside her sister’s grave and prayed silently.

“Ploy…” Pie gently called out Ploy before kneeling and lightly laying the forget-me-nots on the grave.

Ploy placed some pink carnations on her mother’s grave and prayed.

“Hello mama, I hope you’re doing well up there with granma and granpa. I also like you to meet P’Pie, she’s very beautiful like you mama. I think Pa likes her, I hope she can be Pa’s girlfriend so that she can also take care of Pa. She’s very kind and sweet too.” Ploy whispered as she giggled softly.

“I hope I get to remember you mama but I was only a baby when you left. Pa told me so many stories about you and Pa also showed me our pictures together when you were still here. I love you always mama.” Ploy muttered softly to herself.

Kim opened her eyes, and seeing Pie and Ploy, she smiled. The warm wind blow through Pie’s leaf brown hair as she slowly open her eyes, her long lashes fluttered, looking like a licorice.

“Pa, let’s light some candles for granma and granpa too.” Ploy tugged the sleeve of Kim’s shirt.

“Okay sweet pea.” Kim smiled warmly at Ploy as she holds her hand.

Kim light some candles as she whispered, “Dad and mom, I want you to meet Pie. She’s a very dear friend of mine and Ploy. I know you guys would like her.”

A slight flicker of pain shot through Kim as the memories of her parents and P’Air came flooding back.

“I miss you guys so much. I love you dad, mom. I love you P’.” Kim glanced at Pie as she pulled in a deep breath.

###

 

“P’! Look there’s Nemo! Oh my! There are so many of them!” Ploy said aloud excitedly; she was jumping up and down with joy when a group of small brightly coloured clownfish swims around the tropical coral reefs in front of her, they looked like dancing.

“Pa, where are the jellyfish? I want to see them too!” Ploy grinned, she pulled Kim’s hand.

“Okay okay, slow down sweet pea.” Kim said gently, she smiled and held out her hand to Ploy.

“Pie…” Kim called out softly to Pie.

The room was completely dark; the lights slowly shifted through the spectrum of rainbow to illuminate the translucent jellyfish. The jellyfish glide through the water, their careful and slow movements looks hypnotizing. Pie’s eyes lit with excitement, her eyes wide, she shook Kim off. Kim stared at Pie, amazed by her innocence and playful behavior.

“I’m guessing you like jellyfish?” Kim smirked.

“I love them. You see how gentle they swim? It’s like they’re at one with water, they just go wherever the flow takes them. It feels lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter