Chapter Seventeen

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cloudless night sky was splashed with stars. The moon was shining through the narrow window of Pie's room and casting its light at the opposite wall while small light flashes and fades across Pie's face from her phone. Pie curled up under her blanket, her face light up in a beaming smile. She giggled as she reads Kim's message.

"The thoughts of how much I love you are keeping me awake, Pie. -Kim"

"I want you to stay tonight but I don't want Ploy to worry. I miss you already. -Pie"

Pie rolled to her bed, she grabbed her pillow and squealed into it. She heard another beep from her phone, a reply from Kim.

"Maybe if I wish hard enough, one day I'll fall asleep beside you and wake up next to you. I miss you too. -Kim"

Pie's heart fluttered with Kim's sweet words.

"I promise you Kim, you will. I love you, honey.  -Pie" 

"I can hardly wait Pie. You mean the world to me, don't forget that. I love you too, honey. -Kim"

Pie placed her hand on her chest; she could feel how hard her heart was beating, even faster than before.

"Kimhan... You're gonna give me a heart attack with your sweet mouth." Pie muttered to herself.

"Good night handsome, my prince, my love, my everything. Dream of me, sweet dreams. -Pie"

 Pie heaved a sigh; breathing more lightly, smile still on her face.

"You're always in my dream, my princess. I love you Pie. Good night, sweet dreams. -Kim"

"I love you Kimhan..." Pie whispered, she turned over and slowly closed her eyes, pulling her blanket over her.

###

 

Kim rested her head against the back of the chair.

"I should ask Pie to go on a real date with me... I need to ask aunt In to look out for Ploy this weekend... What should I tell Ploy? They would ask too many questions... We always go out together..." Kim thought.

She ruffled her hair, closing her eyes, she couldn't wait for the weekend to come and spend her day alone with Pie.

"I'll surprise Pie... but someone might see us... I mean... it's different now that we're together... Maybe I can tell Ploy about me and Pie... She's really good in keeping secrets and I think it will be easier that way... I should ask Pie first..." Kim muttered to herself.

Kim slid lower in her chair, the weak morning light from the window next to her filtered through the room. She took a deep breath and opened her eyes.

"Good morning, Kim." Shone said as he walked into the room, he was followed by Shin and Puak.

"Good morning..." Kim said with a pleasant smile on her face.

"You look different today. Actually, you seem happier these past few days, Kim. Anything you want to share with us?" Shin asked teasingly, he stared at Kim, studying her face.

Shone looked back at Kim with his eyebrows raised. Kim faced the wall as she cleared and straightened a bit; she turned back and pretended to work on her computer.

"I think our Kim is hiding something from us." Puak added, scooting his chair closer to Kim.

"I'm not." Kim said without turning away from her computer.

"Really now, Kim?" Shone asked and tossed a crumpled paper across to Kim, that landed at Kim’s head.

Kim glared at Shone then forced a smile, "Yes, I'm not, dummies."

"Then what's with the smile a while ago?" Shone raised his eyebrows up and down.

Kim remained silent and made no answer.

"Oh come on, Kim. Just tell us. Is it about Pie? Are you guys together now?" Shone insistently asked and slide his chair towards Kim.

"You've got to be kidding me..." Kim thought as she feels her ears redden.

"I think I'm right." Shone whispered, nudging Kim's side.

"What?" Kim pretended not to hear him.

Shone sighed, "Okay, okay. Just tell us when you're ready."

"Thanks." Kim said softly.

Shone smiled as he tapped Kim on the shoulder, he slid his chair back into his cubicle and left the subject alone.

The door swung slowly open, Ter stood in the doorway for a moment, "Yes sir. We'll be there.— Dude, meeting room now, we got a new project. Where's Pii?"

"She's on her way." Puak answered.

Shin and Puak left the room first, Kim stood up and walked towards the door, Shone puts his arm around Kim's shoulder as they went out the room together.

"I'm happy for you, Kim." Shone whispered.

Kim smiled and playfully pushed Shone away.

###

 

"Pie, why are you still here? Is Kim driving you home again?" Nam asked, she placed her bag and purse in a nearby chair and sat down on Pie's table.

Pie nodded as she put her phone back to her bag.

"So?" Nam stared at Pie for a while.

"Yeah?" Pie cleared and nervously brushed her fingers through her hair before leaning back on her chair.

Pie already knows what Nam's going to ask but she pretended not to understand what Nam meant.

"What's with you and Kim? I know you have something special before but I think it's different now. So?" Nam smiled teasingly.

"We're still friends if that's what you're asking." Pie answered, looking away from Nam.

Pie remembered having the same conversation with Fah yesterday, she was thankful that Kim arrived just in time to avoid Fah's interrogation.

"Where are you, Kimhan...?” Pie thought as she was nervously fiddling with her pen.

"You should know that you're a bad liar, babe." Nam smirked; she stood up as she looked out the window, "I've got to go, Shone's here... and look, Kim just arrived."

Nam took her bag and purse; she grabbed Pie's hand, starting toward the door.

"Kim, take care of babe!" Nam said loudly while giggling.

"Bye dude! Bye Pie!" Shone added and winked at Kim.

Kim shook her head, smiling in disbelief. Kim opened the car door for Pie as they both waved good bye to the couple.

 

"Pie..." Kim reached for Pie's hand which rested on her lap and wrapped it tightly in hers, "Uhm...Will you go on a date with me?"

Pie giggled as she watched Kim's face turn red, "Do you really have to ask?"

Kim nodded shyly; she scratched the back of her neck nervously.

"Of course I will." Pie said, she leaned forward and kissed Kim softly on her cheek.

Kim smiled and brought Pie's hand on her lips and kissed it lightly. Pie blushed and Kim gently let go of her hand as she started the car.

###

 

Pie walked over her window, pulled the blinds up, and peeked out. Pie saw Kim's car parked outside, "Kim's already here? What's taking her so long..."

Pie heard a sound at the door, she peered down through the peephole and her heart jumped as she saw Kim standing in front of her door. Kim is wearing a dark blue denim shirt buttoned up with a simple white button decal; underneath is an almost grey top pairing it with straight fitting jeans and lace up brown boots. Pie smiled as she watched Kim nervously pace back and forth. Kim's eyebrows crept up her forehead. Kim was breathing h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter