Chapter Thirty-Two

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pie got in to the shower and stood under the rush of cool water, feeling it flowed over her head and ran down her body while her arms pressed against the wall. She shook her head, confused by Kim's strange behavior. She strained to keep her eyes closed and her breathing soft, remembering Kim's caress, her kisses and— then, the scent of another woman's perfume on Kim's shirt and the text message from someone named Meena. Her mind raced and images swam around in her head. 

"I hope I'm wrong, Kim. I love you too much and I don't think I can take it if you hurt me. Please tell me that I'm just being paranoid."  She felt tired and confused. Pie can't get rid of the awful thought and feelings as doubt and uncertainty linger. She wrapped a towel around herself and came out of the bathroom.

Kim was fast asleep when Pie went inside the bedroom. Kim's one arm flung over her head, the other across her stomach, she slept heavily while soft snores escaped from her slightly parted lips. Pie climbed onto the bed and gently Kim's face, and then she laid her head on Kim's flat chest and listened to her heartbeat. She felt warm tears welling up in her eyes.

"I love you, Kim." she sobbed.

Pie slowly lifted her head away from Kim's chest, turning to face the window as she quietly burst into tears. Unwanted thoughts were playing with her mind, keeping her awake. She reached over on the night stand for her phone. She smiled and immediately had tears in her eyes again as she looked at her pictures together with Kim. Pie treasured every days she spent with Kim and savored every special moments. She browsed through the next album; it has pictures and videos of them during their trip in S. Korea for their 2nd anniversary. 

 

Kim flopped herself on the bed and closed her eyes. She reached blindly into her duffel bag, took out the bottle of Tylenol and poured some onto her palm. She rolled over the bed, with her face buried in the pillow.

"Kim! Get up!" Pie said excitedly, she was still in awe as she walked around the hotel room and admired the exquisite handcrafted furniture. She gazed out the window, admiring the magnificent view overlooking the city of Seoul.

"Give me a few minutes, honey. I'm too tired of the long flight. The jet lag is killing me." Kim said drowsily, her voice muffled by the pillow.

Pie looked back at Kim concernedly; she sat on the bed and slowly turned Kim onto her back. She lifted Kim's head onto her lap and then gently started running her fingers back and forth across her forehead and burrowing them into Kim's hair to massage her scalp. She continued to massage Kim's head, brow, and temples in a regular circular motion. Kim opened her eyes, blinking away spots which swam in her vision, and then she had a smile on her lips.

"Thanks, honey." she said, smoothing her hands over Pie's arm.

"Why don't you take a nap first? Anyway, it's still early." Moving her hand slowly over Kim, she ran it from her shoulder down.

"Nah, I'll be fine. It's our anniversary; we should start enjoying our vacation here in Korea. Where do you want to go first?"

"How about we cuddle first here in our room?" Pie said teasingly, she raised her eyebrows for a split second and then drop them back.

"Sounds better than what I have in mind." She held Pie's hand and drew her closer.

Kim brought her lips to Pie's. Pie climbed over her, her hand sliding slowly through Kim's hair as she responded passionately, returning her kiss eagerly. Pie pulled away slowly as they were both panting and breathless.

"I said, cuddle only, honey."

Kim chuckled and suddenly pulled Pie easily on top of her, locking her in her embrace. Pie rested her head on Kim's shoulder and snuggled even closer to her.

Kim reached up to brush the hair away from her face and kissed the top of her head, "I love you."

Pie pulled herself over beside Kim and she raised her head on Kim's chest, "I love you too."

Kim lightly traced her fingers over Pie's shoulder, "I think we should eat first before we start roaming around. May told me that we should try bindaetteok at Jeon Alley. I think, she said it was at Gwangjang Market. She knows, I love pancakes, so she thought I'd like it but she said it's a different kind of pancake, they called it Mung Bean Pancake and—"

Pie suddenly pushed Kim off the bed, sat up and rubbed her face with both hands. She got out of bed and walked to the bathroom and washed her face with a cold washcloth.

Kim rolled over on her back in frustration, "Did I do something wrong?" she asked loudly.

Pie slowly walked out of the bathroom and glared at Kim, "What do you think?"

Kim shrugged her shoulders and shook her head, "I don't know. What, you don't like pancakes?"

Annoyed by her response, Pie rolled her eyes at Kim. "You should've went here with May instead and eat that bindae— pancake whatever. It seems that you enjoyed being with her anyway. She even knows your favorite food and all."

Kim laughed softly, "We only talked a few times because of work and besides she has a boyfriend, Pie. She went here with him and when I told her that I'll be in Korea with my beautiful girlfriend for a week to celebrate our anniversary, she recommended some places we can go." she said as she kissed Pie's neck.

Pie crossed her arms across her chest and didn't say anything.

"Oh c'mon, princess. I don't want us to argue over this. She's just a friend, a colleague. Do you want me to stop being friends with her? And if you don't want to go at Jeon Alley, we can go somewhere else." Kim said with her lips close to her ear, she wrapped her arms around Pie's waist. 

Pie let out a sigh, turning to Kim, she thre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter