Chapter Twenty-Eight

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The traffic was light as they followed Route 4 then to Route 330. They decided to have a quick dinner before they drive to Ratchaburi for Pie to see her parents. As they approached the restaurant, its parking lot was quite full. It's Saturday night, after all. Kim found a spot to park but it was in the corner of the lot. Kim smiled at Pie as she lifted her hand to Pie's cheek and brushed a stray lock of hair away tenderly.

"Let's have our dinner first."

Pie's eyes sparkled as she smiled back at Kim. Kim opened the car door and helped her out, she took her hand in hers and kissed Pie's fingers then she walked her to the front door. A waitress greeted them as they stepped inside the restaurant and they were escorted to a table near the window. Kim pulled out the chair for Pie. Seated across from Pie, Kim leaned closer, laying her hand on top of hers.

"Are you okay, Pie? You haven't said anything since we left the house."

Pie smiled and gave Kim's hand a squeeze, "I'm fine but I'm really nervous. I feel like my heart's going to jump out of my chest."

"I understand. I'm actually nervous too." Kim grinned as she opened the menu.

"Why would you? I'm the only one who's going to talk to mom." Pie raised her eyebrows at her questioningly, glancing at Kim over the menu.

With a crooked smile, Kim leaned back in her chair, "Because I know that whatever your mom will say would greatly affect our relationship."

Pie's smile wobbled, and then broke, "Kim, I can assure you that I'll never leave you." she whispered.

Kim reached her hand out to Pie; she put her finger under Pie's chin and made her look at her, "I love you, Pie."

"I love you too."

"You already have my whole heart for my whole life. Your prince can't leave without you, princess." Kim put her hand over her heart dramatically.

"You're teasing me, Kim." Pie shook her head and laughed softly.

"I never joke about my love to you." Kim winked at Pie as the corner of her lips curved up in a half smile.

"Oh gosh, you're so cheesy." Pie laughed again, she leaned forward and kissed Kim's lips.

"I didn't know you're into public display of affection."  A slow smile eased over Kim's mouth.

"Just this once." Pie smiled shyly as heat flushed her face; it seems that Kim's sweet-talking calmed her nerves.

"Hello, what can I get for you?" a smiling waitress said as she approached the table.

Kim turned to look at her; the waitress suddenly reminds her of Ploy, with her long black hair and an angelic face.

"You look too young to be working." Kim said smilingly.

"I-I'm already twenty-one, sir." she answered softly, timidly.

Kim nodded, "We'll have the Grilled Salmon Spaghetti Kee Mao, Lad Nah and the... Hawaiian Pad Thai. Thank you, sweet pea."

The waitress was watching and blushing at Kim whilst Kim was speaking to her. Pie lowered her menu and narrowed her gaze at Kim as she watched the waitress turn red.

"You're such a flirt, Kimhan." Pie said with a straight face as soon as the waitress left.

Kim frowned at Pie, "What brought this on?" She was confused with Pie's sudden change of mood and accusation.

"The waitress can't stop blushing when she was speaking with you and you even called her sweet pea."

Kim sighed before she replied. She was used to women blushing at her that it did not faze her anymore.

"She must have thought I'm a guy. Don't think too much of it, Pie. She also kinda looks like Ploy, that's why I called her sweet pea." Kim said nonchalantly.

Pie raised one eyebrow at her. The waitress returned and she placed their food and drinks on the table.

Not taking her eyes off Kim, she smiled warmly, "You enjoy the food and please don't hesitate to call me if you need anything else."

Kim politely smiles back as Pie flicks a glance at her and rolls her eyes.

"She was staring at you like I'm not even here." Pie said, glancing over at Kim, her tone a little sharp.

"Honey, it was nothing. Can we please eat now?" Kim said as she took a serving of Spaghetti Kee Mao and placed it on Pie's plate.

Pie's eyeing her food and pushing it around the plate; she takes a tiny bite and puts her fork down.

"What's wrong?" Kim asked worriedly.

"I'm not hungry." she responds unconvincingly.

Kim was taking some Pad Thai when she heard Pie's upset tone, she pauses then took a spoonful of Pad Thai and put it in Pie's mouth. Before Pie could do anything else, Kim took another spoonful then she fed Pie again. Pie swallowed hard, she opened to retort but Kim shoved another spoonful into . Kim was saved from Pie's complaint, seeing as was full.

"I know you're still upset, I'm sorry. She only reminded me of Ploy, that's all. I just remembered something Ploy asked me this morning."

Pie blinked at Kim as she swallowed the food in . Kim took a sip of her drink, and tried to silence Pie with a squeeze of her hand.

"Ploy asked me if you're going to stay and live with us... for good."

Pie bit her lip and lifted her brows, her eyes full of warmth, "What did you tell her?"

"I told her that it would depends on her P'Pie." Kim smirked.

"And what do you mean by that?" Pie asked with a cheeky grin, before softly laughing and forgetting that she was upset with Kim.

"Will you... move in with us?" Kim lowered her voice and leaned forward on the table, she folded her hands under her chin.

Pie blinked a few times at her question, and then she blushed. She grinned as she placed her chin in the palm of her hand and gazed lovingly at Kim. 

###

 

Pie walked over the sink, picked up the kettle and filled it. She the burner and placed the kettle on it. Pie sighed as she stood silent at the kitchen counter. The moon looks huge and full as she gaze at the bright yellow stripes of moonlight filtering through the open window.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter