Chapter Twenty-Two

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The restaurant was bright, illuminated by many fluorescent lights in the ceiling; it has a comfortable but unpretentious interior. Large, abstract paintings of women hung on the walls; the colors were dark and brooding. The people around Pie clink their glasses, chattering and laughing loudly while a soft acoustic music playing in the background. The atmosphere was lively, warm and cheerful which matched Van's mood but not Pie. Van talked non-stop, laughing continuously with his own jokes. But Pie wasn't listening to him. Her eyes were focused on her plate, but her mind was obviously somewhere else. She can't stop thinking about Kim. The cold and hesitant way Kim's been acting towards her gave her sleepless nights. She knows that Kim was only pretending that she's okay, smiling at her as if she's not hurting. Van's presence wasn't helping at all; it only made the situation worst. He had been bugging Pie for almost two weeks now, calling and texting her, showing up in her office and even at her condo unit, unannounced. Pie felt that Van was aware that she can't decline his offers because of her mom. He keeps on bringing the subject of her mom wanting him to take care of her, whenever she rejects him. Pie slumped in her chair, took her fork and began picking at her food. She glanced at Van, who just then stuffed some salad in his mouth and still talking. Pie smiled slightly when she saw a little boy behind Van, he's playing with his toy car, and he runs it along the table making motor noises. The little boy looks very charming with his neatly combed short black hair, dark brown eyes with long lashes, sharp nose leading to his small thin lips while his pink cheeks flush to his fair complexion. Pie quietly chuckles when she remembered mistaking Kim as a boy when they were still in school. That little boy looks just like Kim.

"I miss you, Kim." Pie murmured softly.

###

 

At lunch time Kim drove her car over to a new Italian restaurant near Pie's office, and turned off the engine.

"C'mon. Let's go. I'm starving." Shin grumbled.

"Do we eat here or have it for take out?" Ter asked, as he followed Kim across the road.

They hurried through the small parking lot to the restaurant's door. They seated themselves at the table close to the door of the restaurant. A strikingly beautiful brunette waitress came over and wiped the table while they studied their menus closely.

"So what will you handsome boys have?" The waitress asked, smiling at them.

Shin noticed how beautiful the girl was and stared for a second before responding to her question, as he found himself dumbstruck in her beauty.

"Ah, ah. W-we'll h-have..." Shin said stuttering, unable to continue he tugged the sleeve of Kim's shirt.

"We'll have this please. Thank you, miss." Kim pointed to the restaurant's special and smiled at the waitress.

"S-sure. O-of course." It was the waitress turned to stammer as she stood in awe of Kim's charming grin on her beautiful-handsome face.

The waitress left and Ter leaned across toward Shin, he whispered, "Pie's here."

Glancing around, Shin saw Pie and Van seated at a small table in the middle of the restaurant. They looked at each other for a brief moment then turned to look at Kim with a concerned look on their faces. Kim's eyes were crinkled at the corners as she squinted, making her look distress while her heart starts to beat fast, thumping away in her chest like mad. Kim swallowed hard, focused on each breat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter