Chapter Thirty-Four

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim lightly coughed, finding dry. She ran a hand through her hair, cupping the back of her neck, and then stared at her cup. Dr. Meena just left ten minutes ago, leaving her alone to her troubled thoughts. She can't stop thinking about Pie, consumed by the thoughts on how Pie will react if she finds out about her sickness. The inexplicable distance she created between her and Pie, made her heart ache and she knows that Pie felt her coldness towards her. She wanted so badly to tell her, but whenever she tried, she couldn't make up the words. An ached suddenly insinuated itself behind her eyes and she fumbled for her bag. She winced, popped two paracetamol and downed her espresso. She put her hand to her head then sighed while she rubbed her fingers through her hair. Kim cast her gaze across the couple at the back of the coffee shop, sitting side by side, gazing lovingly into each other's eyes, and furtively holding hands while sharing jokes. She has a small smile on her face as she remembers her last date with Pie; it was a week before Nam and Shone's wedding, almost three months ago. 

 

"I swear Kim if you do that again I'm going to leave you!" Pie burst out, she crossed her arms against her chest, glaring at Kim.

"What did I do?" Kim was taken back by her words and looked at her confusingly.

"Oh? You don't know what you did?" Pie rolled her eyes then shot a glare back at Kim,"What was that flirting all about?"

"What? Flirting? What are you talking about?" Kim stared at her, open-mouthed for a moment, she gave Pie a quizzical look.

"Seriously? You know what, I'm going home. Oh, enjoy your date!" Pie answered with exasperation, she fakes a smile and stood up, grabbing her bag.

Kim quickly reached over the table and took hold of her hand, stopping her from leaving. Pie narrowed her eyes at Kim warningly. 

"Pie, I wasn't flirting—"

"I'm not blind nor am I stupid!" Pie snatched her hand away from Kim, the tears starting to well up in her eyes.

Kim sighed and looked at her a moment, stepping closer, she took Pie's hands and wrapped her arms around her waist.

"I love you so much Pie that even the mere thought of flirting with another girl never crossed my mind. Please stay?" She pushed Pie's hair behind her ears and cupped her face, "Please?"

"No." Pie answered, looking away quickly from Kim.

"Pie, honey, listen to me, please. If this is about the waitress I spoke with a while ago, I... I was... there... I mean..." Kim started hesitantly.

Pie roughly pushed her away and turned her back but Kim gently grabbed her wrist.

"I don't want to hear your excuses, Kimhan." Pie said sternly.

Kim heaved out a heavy sigh while rubbing her nape, "Okay. I... I have a surprise for you. I mean, I just thought that... it's been a long time since the last time we had our date and I wanted to do something special for you. It's just that... they haven't finished what I was asking them to do, so they're asking us to wait for a couple of minutes more, and I... I mean... I don't know why I'm really nervous... then you got mad... and everything's ruined. I'm sorry, Pie." Kim explained long, glancing nervously at Pie. 

Pie's vision blurred as Kim's loving gaze reassured her of everything she needed to know and her pleading eyes tugged at Pie's heart.

She reached up and pressed the tip of her index finger to Kim's lips, "I'm sorry, I didn't know."

Kim smiled sweetly at Pie as she swiped her thumbs over her wet cheeks while Pie's soft fingertip traced her lips. With Pie's face cupped in her hands, Kim tilted her head back, brushed her lips across her sweet, smooth, velvety lips, and captured her exhausted sigh. Kim kissed her slowly, placing soft, light kisses across , before returning to a longer, deeper kiss. Kim lifted her head, giving Pie her charming smile.

"Excuse me, sir." A beautiful young lady interrupted.

Kim spun around to look, she'd nearly forgotten anyone else, they're in a restaurant after all.

"Yes?"

Pie stared at the young lady, her long reddish hair fell in cascades of soft curls onto her shoulders and her bright, piercing brown eyes shone with innocence.

"We're sorry for making you wait. We've prepared everything on the rooftop. Kindly follow me."

Kim nods her head at the waitress, turning around, she shifts her gaze at Pie.

"Shall we go M'lady?" Kim said with a mock English accent while she grabs Pie's hand and gently kisses it.

Pie returned her gesture with that mischievous smile that Kim adores. Kim interlocks her fingers with hers and guides her towards the restaurant's roof top. Walking across the deck, under the starlit sky, Pie glanced around in awe. String lights hanging against the wooden railings and outlining the gazebo roof while dozens of candles and flower petal surrounding the place. Kim stepped up behind Pie, wrapping her arms around her waist and resting her chin on her shoulder.

"Do you like it?" Kim whispered against her hair, her warm breath wafting across her neck and ear.

Pie slowly spun around and cupped Kim's face between her hands.

"I love it, honey." Pie said softly, gazing intently into her eyes.

"You're not mad anymore?"  

Pie shook her head, smiling sweetly at Kim. Kim's smile grew wider and she tilts her head slightly to one side. Kissing her quickly, Kim took her hand and leads her to the table. Kim poured her a classic Bordeaux red wine as the tantalizing aroma of roasted spice leg of lamb filled the air.

"I'm sorry, Kim." Pie said quietly without looking up at Kim.

"Why are you saying sorry?" Kim asked confusingly.

"I-I know I get upset over small things lately and I don't really know why. I get easily jealous and I think I'm starting to be too clingy. I-I'm really trying not t—"

Kim stood up, reaching for her, "Hey, honey. You don't need to apologize." She knelt beside Pie, facing her, holding her hands very tightly.

"Kim, I'm afraid that someone is going to make you happier than I do and the thought of it makes me—"

Kim held Pie's face between her hands, gazing into her eyes, caressing her lips softly with her thumb, "Pie, what makes you think that someone else can make me happier? I don't know what I'd do without you, I don't know where I'd be, you're everything to me, you're my happiness, Pie. So please, stop thinking that way."

Kim pulled Pie closer, their lips almost touching, "I love you, Pie."

She kissed her slowly and deeply, and Pie opened , brushing Kim's lips with her tongue. Their world seems to spin at a dizzying speed as they kissed passionately.

"I love you too."  Pie finally whispered, she reached out, touching her cheek.

Kim opened her eyes and smiled toothily at her. She gave Pie a sweet and grateful look as she never failed to be remarkably charming. 

"Thank you, my Kimhan," Pie said as she took her first bite,"This is even more romantic than our very first date."

"You didn't think the last one before this was romantic?"

"Are you seriously asking me that last one?"

"Why not? You don't find pizza and burger romantic?"

Kim laughed as Pie rolled her eyes at her.

"But am I getting better, eh?"

Pie nodded her head, smiling.

"Regardless if the dinner date was at Papa John's, you still never fail to amaze me."

"Just like you, Pie. You're amazing and everyday you show me something new that makes me love you even more than the day before."

Pie blushed, her cheeks reddening even more, "I think you've had enough wine, honey."

"Nope. I assure you, I am sober as a judge. While you on the other hand, my princess, might as well be, drunk as a lord. You should see how red your face is." Kim raised her eyebrows skeptically and a tiny smirk played at the corner of as if the idea amused her.

"Silly."

Kim let out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter