Chapter Four

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim awoke to find herself lying on the hospital bed. Her sight began to blur as her eyes tried to focus on the person beside her. Kim remembered passing out while talking to Pie.

"Pie called me Kimhan. Its been too long. P'Air, I thought I'm used to the pain by now." thought Kim. Kim's head starts to hurt as she recalls her memories.

"Are you okay?" a gentle voice asked Kim.

Kim looked at the person beside her.

"I'm not yet dead right?" Kim pondered to herself.

The person beside Kim frowned. "You're not yet dead Kimhan. Don't say such a thing." Pie answered Kim with a hint of disapproval in her voice.

"I'm sorry." said Kim apologetically while rubbing the back of her neck. "I just thought you were an angel. You're so beautiful." Kim murmured.

"What's that again Kim?" Pie pretended she didn't hear what Kim said but her face betrayed her as it turned red while her heart beats fast from Kim's compliment. She looked away as she nervously smiled and bit her lip.

"Huh? I-I said y-you look like a-an angel." Kim stuttered as her cheeks starts to blush.

"I didn't know you have a sweet mouth Kim and even in that condition." Pie looked back to Kim.

Kim chuckled, "I'm just being honest. Heh."

"By the way Pie, what time is it? And who brought me here?" asked Kim.

"It's twelve midnight. Puey drove us here since he's the only one who was still sober enough to drive I think. I called Nam when you passed out, but Shone and the others were already drunk so she wasn't able to come with us. But Ter is here now, he's just talking to the doctor." Pie answered.

"Oh thank you. I need to call aunt In, Ploy must be mad at me." Kim sighed.

"Ploy?" asked Pie curiously.

"I told you about my niece Apsorn? Ploy is her nickname." answered Kim while she touches her cheek.

Ter walked in and smiled happily when he saw that Kim is already awake.

"Kim! Thank God you're okay. I called your aunt and told her what happened, she's very worried." Ter said.

"How about Ploy?" Kim asked.

"Aunt In said she already fell asleep. I guess, she got tired waiting for you. Just pick her up tomorrow. You should rest first, the doctor said you can go home tomorrow morning. He said that you fainted due to low blood pressure." Ter looked at his watch.

"It's already midnight, so maybe we'll go home around eight in the morning?" continued Ter. "Where's Puey?" asked Ter to Pie.

"He also passed out." Pie points at the sofa where Puey is lying while snoring loudly.

"Ter, why don't you give Pie and Puey a ride home. It's quite late now. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine here." said Kim.

"No its fine, we'll be okay Kim. Ter you don't have to, we'll just take a cab. Just take care of her." Pie smiled.

Ter looked at Kim and Pie confusingly, he's unsure who to follow between the two.

"Ter, please, it's very unsafe to ride a cab at this hour. Besides, Pie won't be able to carry Puey by herself. I'll be okay, I'm in a hospital, so I should be fine. Okay? Pie please go home now and please let Ter drive you home." Kim shows her puppy eyes and pouts her lips to Pie.

Pie laughed and slap Kim's arm softly.

"Fine. Now stop doing that face. I'll see you next time Kimhan. Please get well. Okay?" Pie raised her eyebrows and waited for Kim's answer.

"Yes maam. I will. I hope to see you again Pie." answered Kim sheepishly to Pie.

"We'll go ahead Kim; I'll pick you up later." Ter said.

"No need Ter, I think Puey used my car so it should be outside. I can drive myself later when I go home." Kim looked at Pie for confirmation.

"Yeah, we used Kim's car. Your car keys on the table Kimhan." said Pie.

"Okay, I'll call you later then." Ter said to Kim.

Kim nodded and waved her goodbye to Pie and Ter. Ter carried Puey on his back because Puey won't wake up and just keeps on grunting and cursing.

"Oh God, this squid, you're so heavy." complained Ter.

"Damn you! I'm y!" murmur Puey while randomly waving his hands. Pie softly chuckles to see Puey's drunken

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter