Chapter Eighteen

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pie lazily sat up in bed, her eyes slowly adjusting to the faint light in her room, she rubbed her eyes and glanced at the clock on her bedside table.

"Its only six AM." Pie said drowsily.

Pie smiled as she heard sounds coming from the kitchen, "Kim..."

She rolled out of her bed and ran into the kitchen. The air was filled with the smell of butter and syrup as Kim flipped the pancakes. Kim felt Pie's arms slid around her waist while Pie's head leaning against her back.

"Good morning, honey. You're early."

Kim turned back from her pancake making and gave a quick kiss to Pie, her arms wrapped around Pie.

"Good morning, beautiful."

"You made breakfast." Pie smiled at Kim and gave her a lingering kiss.

"It's almost ready. You can go ahead and prepare yourself first. I'll call you when it's done."

"Okay." Pie giggled and she snuggled a bit on Kim's chest before she went into the bathroom.

Kim pulled the stack of coffee filters off the top shelf and grabbed the canister of coffee with her other hand, she started brewing some coffee. After a while, Kim reached into the cabinet and took out two mugs as the aroma from the freshly brewed coffee began to fill the room. Kim finished making breakfast and placed it on the table; pancakes with fruits and coffee.

 

It was seven o'clock in the morning when Pie walked out of her room, all dressed up for work. Pie noticed that Kim's busy with her phone, she's sitting in the chair with her legs crossed out in front of her with the serious look on her face. Pie sat beside Kim, she caressed Kim's arm and leaned on her shoulder while Kim's checking on her phone. Kim smiled at Pie and kept reading her emails from her phone. Pie kept staring at Kim for a couple of minutes then she kissed Kim on her cheek. Kim looked at Pie as she put her phone down and placed it on the table.

Pie kissed her again on the cheek, "I'm hungry now, Kimhan."

Kim let out a laugh and kissed her forehead. Kim took the fork and knife, slicing the pancakes into pieces; she held the pancake up to Pie's mouth and fed her sweetly.

"Happy fourth month anniversary, honey." Kim whispered.

Pie beamed at Kim then it turned into a pout, "I thought you forgot. You were so busy with your phone."

"I'm sorry, honey. We're having issues with this new project that we're working on. Shone's asking me to check the emails from our client right away. I'm worried that we need to redo the software program and we don't have much time." Kim glanced at her watch then peeked at her phone.

Pie sighed then she folded her arms across her chest, "You can go to work now if you want. I'll just take a cab."

Kim shook her head with a small chuckle, "I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry, honey."

Kim kissed Pie's shoulder and wrapped her arm around her.

"We can only spend time together now and you're still thinking about work." Pie's pout turned into a little scowl and she pushed Kim away.

"I know, I'm sorry. Please forgive me, princess?"

"It's still early but it seems that you can't wait to get out of here and go to work."

"Of course not, Pie. If I can spend every second with you, I'll do it. I wish you're always here next to me."

"You're already here with me but your mind's somewhere else. We barely get to spend time with each other for the past two weeks because of your new project. We won't even have dinner together tonight." Pie looked up at Kim, her eyes filled with tears.

"Pie..." Kim wrapped her arms around Pie slowly, not letting her go.

Kim held Pie tightly against her, and then gently pushed Pie's head down on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Pie. I promised, I'll pick you up later tonight then we'll have dinner together. I'm sorry, honey. I love you." Kim could hear Pie's stifled sob on her shoulder.

"I love you too." Pie returned Kim's hug, her hug tightened, pulling Kim closer to her.

"Pie... Can I sleep here tonight?"

"You really mean it?"

"Yes I mean it. I'll ask Ploy to stay with aunt In. I'll just tell her that I'll do overtime at work." Kim replied with a small smile.

Pie broke into a smile; she flung her arms around Kim's neck. Pie leaned toward Kim, and slowly, Kim lowered her head and took Pie's lips in a soft kiss. Pie's hand slid into the hair at Kim's nape and caressed it as she feels the tender pressure of Kim's mouth, feeling the damp softness of her lips.

"Kim..." Pie murmured.

"Hmm." Kim trailed kisses from Pie's mouth to her cheek.

"I think... we should tell everyone... about us..."

Kim stared into Pie's dark hazel brown eyes, she can see sincerity in her eyes; a slight flutter graced her lids

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter