Chapter Twenty-Four

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim breathed heavily. She pulled the nearly empty bottle of Tylenol out of her pocket and poured some pills into her hand. She stared at the pills for several minutes before she finally placed them in and drank a glass of water. Kim was overcome with worry and pain as she thought about her many imperfections, thinking it's the reason that Pie is hesitant and indecisive on telling her mom about their relationship. Kim couldn't blame Pie for it. She promised her that she'll stay no matter what happens but she couldn't help herself getting hurt, knowing that there is someone else that could give Pie a normal life and that someone else has the approval of Pie's mom. Kim remembered telling her niece, Ploy, that family always comes first and she knows that it would be the same with Pie. How can she ask Pie to go against her mom? She knows that Pie wouldn't want to disappoint her mom. How can she ask her to stay and leave her family? She knows the pain of losing her own. Kim wants Pie to be with her but she doesn't want to be selfish. She thought losing her family when she was young was the worst pain she could feel but she was wrong. After all, they were right, love always comes with pain. Kim took a deep breath, leaned her head against the back of the chair and closed her eyes. She put her hands to her head, pressing them against her skull trying to still her head pains, rubbing her temples on both sides. She is sweating, even in the coolness of the café's office room. Kim heard the door open and her name called out.

"Kim, what are you doing here? It’s only three in the afternoon. Tiger, are you alright?" Aunt In asked, her voice was heavy with concern as she walked towards Kim.

Kim pried open her left eye, then the right whilst her head still throbbing in pain, she feebly pushed herself to sit straight and looked at aunt In.

"I went home early but I'm fine. Just my migraine." Kim said with a forced smile.

"Are you sure? Look at you, you're so pale." Aunt In said worriedly.

"Yes, I'm okay, it'll pass."

"What's really going on with you? Is everything okay with you and Pie?" Aunt In crossed her arms then stared at Kim, feeling concerned.

Kim leaned her elbows on the table, and cupped her hands against her forehead.

"I don't know." Kim muttered.

"What do you mean by that? I always see Pie waiting for you here in the café but you never showed up."

"I didn't feel like seeing her."

"Kim, did you even try to talk to her?"

"I went to her office today. I was going to ask her out for lunch. She was happy to see me at first but then this guy showed up. I know she doesn't want him to find out about us, I saw it with the look on her face and when she let go of my hands. She keeps on asking for more time, that she'll eventually tell her mom about us. Aunt In, I don't mind giving her all the time she needs until she's ready to tell her mom. What I don't understand is why can't she just tell th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter