Chapter Ten

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Pie…” Kim whispered into Pie’s ear.

The gentle voice startled Pie, she quickly glanced back and she met Kim’s steady gaze. Pie’s nose nearly touched Kim’s and Pie felt Kim’s warm breath wafting over her. Kim stopped abprutly; she pulled back and took a deep breath. Pie’s face reddened and she quickly looked away.

“Oh my God… Kimhan… You scared me…” Pie muttered, barely audible for Kim to hear.

“I’m sorry Pie.” Kim chuckled.

Kim placed a plate of eggs and sausages in front of Pie.

“Let’s eat first Pie.” Kim sat down beside Pie; she buttered a piece of toast for Pie.

“Thanks.” Pie smiled at Kim.

Kim and Pie remained silent while eating their breakfast. Kim keeps stealing glances at Pie.

“What is it Kim? Spit it out.” Pie giggled as she caught Kim staring at her.

“Uhm. I told you last night, I was going to tell you something right?” Kim asked nervously.

Pie nodded and waited for Kim to continue.

“Well, I’m… going to Singapore next week.” Kim said.

“Uhm… Ploy is really fond of you… I was thinking maybe you can check on her from time to time… I mean if you’re not busy and all… I know, aunt In is here to take care of her… but she really likes you… and… uhm…” Kim said, timidly looking at Pie.

“How long will you stay in Singapore? Why are you going there anyway?” Pie asked, she somehow felt upset and frustrated that Kim is leaving.

“For a month, it’s for work. We got a new project and I was asked to join the team.” Kim said to Pie.

“My dad’s going to Singapore too… and now you… Did you tell Ploy?” asked Pie sadly.

“Yeah. She’s not happy about it, that’s why I thought of you. I mean, since she really likes you, maybe she’ll feel better if you can be there for her while I’m gone. Of course if you’re not busy.” Kim said.

“No worries Kim, I’ll take care of Ploy. You’re going to call me right? I-I meant, y-you’re still going to call Ploy? So atleast she won’t be too sad.” Pie felt her face heat up and she looked away.

“Of course, I’ll call Ploy… and you Pie…” Kim smiled gently at Pie before leaning towards Pie and pinched Pie’s cheek.

“Kim!” Pie said sulking as Kim laughed.

###

 

Kim inhaled deeply, she breathed in the cool evening air. It was a dark misty evening; a soft light glimmered below the lamp post as Kim threaded her way through her aunt’s café. Kim entered the café and the air is filled with the aromatic scent of coffee brewing, mixed in the indulgent sweet smell of pastries and breads. Kim saw Pie talking to a girl with ash brown locks in a thick, messy side plait.

“Kim!” Pie called out to Kim.

“Kimmy!” the girl with ash brown locks said excitedly.

“Yam?” Kim looked surprised for a moment then she smiled.

Yam gasped and immediately ran directly toward Kim. Yam wrapped her arms around Kim and burying her head in Kim’s chest.

“I missed you so much Kimmy!” Yam choked out between her tears.

“I missed you too Yam. You didn’t tell me that you’ll come home today.” Kim said as she wrapped her arms around Yam and pulled her in close.

“I want to surprise you!” Yam released Kim and pulled her towards the table where Pie is sitting.

“You did.” Kim chuckled.

“You’re late Kimhan.” Pie pouted her lips and stared at Kim angrily.

Kim sat beside Pie and pinched Pie’s cheek.

“Hey! You’re getting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter