Chapter Twenty-Three

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You still weren't able to talk to Kim?" asked Nam, turning away from a half written email on her computer screen to talk to Pie.

Pie pulled a chair from the table and dropped down onto it, resting her face in her palms.

"We only talked on the phone yesterday but she kept on saying she's fine. She's been avoiding me. I didn't even get to see her this week. I waited for her in aunt In's but she never showed up. She told me she had to work overtime. I don't know what to do anymore." Pie said, almost crying.

"Did you tell Van about Kim?" Nam glanced at Pie, there were faint shadows under Pie's eyes, she hasn't been sleeping well.

"No. I mean, he knows about Kim, I mentioned her a few times to him but I didn't tell him we're together."

"Why?" Nam stared at her, Pie's face was pale as she just sat there, slightly shaking her head.

"There's a reason I never liked him when we were kids. He was a tattletale."

"So? That was a long time ago, maybe he changed. What? You're worried that he'll tell your mom? When do you plan on telling your mom anyway?"

"I... I don't know. I need to talk to Kim first. I need to see her." Pie slumped over the table, dropping her head on top of her arms.

"You know what Pie, the sooner you tell your mom the better, and you'll be able to get rid of Van." Nam said, she stood and went to the coffee maker, poured two mugs full of the steaming brew and handed Pie one.

"I know that. I..." Pie seemed to say something else but then she just closed her eyes. She took a sip of the coffee.

"Excuse me ladies. Pie, your boyfriend is here." Puey walked inside the room, he went near Pie while shaking his .

"What?" Pie stared back at Puey, feeling confuse.

"I said your 'boyfriend' is waiting for you in the lobby." Puey repeated as he air quotes and emphasized the word boyfriend.

Pie looked at Nam questioningly, as if asking her who Puey was talking about. Nam just shrugged in response to Pie. Pie sighed, thinking Van is at the lobby waiting for her. She shrank into her chair and dreaded the thought of seeing Van again, listening to his dull stories.

"Please tell him, I have a lunch meeting with a client. I don't want to see him."

Puey rolled his eyes upward and let out a harsh breath.

"How can you be so mean to Kim." Puey murmured and he walked back out to the lobby.

As Puey reached the lobby, he called out, "Kim, baby, I'm sorry but the princess—"

"Kim!"

Puey quickly turned around. Pie appeared from out of nowhere and scared the crap out of Puey.

"Pie!" Puey said, somewhat startled, "Lucky for you baby, your princess is here after all."

 

Pie felt the heat rise over her chest and face. She bit her lip as Kim looked at her, Kim's dark brown eyes softening around the edges and a little smile played around .

"I should've called you but my phone is out of battery and uhm..." Kim scratched the nape of her neck shyly.

Pie burst into tears, surprising Kim. Kim stared at her. Pie rushed towards Kim and hugged her tight.

"Why are you crying?" Kim asked, her voice full of worry.

"I'm just overwhelmed, I missed you." Pie said in a faint whisper, between her tears.

Kim cupped Pie's face and made her look at her, "I missed you too. But someone might see us."

"I don't care." Pie said while pulling away slowly, keeping her gaze at Kim's eyes.

Pie took Kim's hand in hers, interlaced their fingers and held them up together.

Kim leaned over and whispered softly in Pie's ear, "Will you go on a date with me?"

Pie's captivating smile reached her eyes, smiling along with her lips.

"Pie." a hoarse voice called out, interrupting them.

"P'Van." Pie quickly let go of Kim's hand.

Upon realization of what she had done, she turned to look at Kim. Kim's face is calm but the pain show through her eyes.

"K-Kim... I-I'm—" Pie started, her voice panic-stricken and full of guilt.

Kim interrupted by tapping Pie's shoulder lightly, she turned to look at Van, and stretched out her hand for a handshake.

"You must be Van. My name's Kim." Kim said politely, she forced a thin smile onto her face.

"Yes. I've heard about you. You're working with Pie's dad, right? With uncle Prasong?" Van said as he returned her handshake and flashing his smile.

Kim nodded her head yes.

"Nice to meet you, Kim. You want to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter