Chapter Thirty-Three

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Every morning Pie awoke with Kim's soft snoring. Kim's arms wrapped around her waist and her face resting in the crook of Kim's neck. She always felt safe and secured in Kim's warm embrace. Every day her lips curled into a smile just by looking at her and waking up next to her. Pie never had been so happy in her life, never had she felt so wonderful, blissful and secured. She wishes it never ends and their love for each other will always stay, however, change is the only constant thing in the world. Almost a month has passed since Pie started to notice Kim's strange behavior, the days passed one after another and Kim became more distant, each day came just like the one that came before it. Pie's nights were also different, her dreams, when she'd been able to sleep, had been unsettling. She'd dreamed of Kim with someone else, with another woman, not her. Troubled thoughts quietly intruding her mind. The nagging feeling of suspicions won't leave. Pie was doing her best to put these thoughts out of her mind but it haunts her day and night. She's uncertain that Kim's cheating on her but she knows that Kim is hiding something from her. She feels that something's "not quite right". Kim starts coming home late with the excuses of working overtime for a new project even during the weekends and when she's at home, she barely talks anymore, she mostly spend her time in their room, sleeping or working on her laptop. Whenever Pie had the chance, she asked Kim if everything was okay and Kim never failed to response with a quick nod and a weak smile. Pie always showed a worried look on her face while Kim tried to ease her mind and pulled her into a tight embrace. It lessens the worry but the suspicions never leave. She also finds it odd that Kim always brings her phone wherever she goes, even in the bathroom, when Kim never usually does it before, as a matter of fact; she used to leave her phone on their nightstand and never bothered checking on it when at home. Tonight was the final straw for Pie when she saw another text message from that girl named Meena, asking Kim to meet her at The Café near Bumrungrad International Hospital. 

 

Pie placed Kim's phone slowly and deliberately on their nightstand as Kim stepped out of the bathroom wearing a white tank top and boxer shorts while drying her hair with a towel. When Kim had finished drying herself, she hung the towel over her neck and stood in front of a mirror, staring at herself with her hair stood up all over, and her eyes had dark circles beneath them. Pie stared at Kim as she slowly walked towards her. She was desperate to touch Kim but the nagging feeling of suspicion stopped her, then she noticed the bruises on her right arm.

"What happened to you?" Pie asked, her voice strained with concern as she looked at Kim.

"Huh?"

"Why do you have bruises on your arm?" Pie said, peering at Kim's arm.

"Oh, uhm..." Kim stammered as she ran her fingers through her hair, "I t-tripped. Ploy left her bag on the floor and I-I didn't see it." she continued, looking away from Pie.

Avoiding Pie's eyes, Kim sat on the edge of the bed beside her and reached for the blanket. Pie stopped her with a touch to her wrist. Kim met her gaze and swallowed.

"Meena texted you, she asked you to meet her up again tomorrow at The Café."

A knot tightened in Kim's stomach and she felt her heart beat quicken. She looked up at Pie; she watched the hurt in her eyes as she awaits her response. Kim opened to answer but had to stop, she nodded in response instead.

"Who's Meena?" Pie asked, trying to keep her voice steady.

Kim looks away quickly to one side and remains quiet, her facial expression serious. She remains silent for a moment, and then she looks back at Pie.

"She's a family friend." Kim answered quietly.

"How come I never met her?"

"W-we only saw each other again a few months back. She was P'Air's best friend."

"So, she knows about Ploy?"

"Y-yes."

"Why don't you invite her here?"

Kim smiled weakly as she nodded to her.

"Do you always go out with her?" Pie continued asking.

"W-what do you mean?"

"You know what I mean, Kim." Pie couldn't keep the pain out of her voice.

Kim stared back at her with the most tormented look in her eyes, "There's nothing going on with me and her."

"Then, why didn't you tell me about her?"

"Because there was nothing to tell." Kim answered as she rubbed the back of her neck.

Pie bit her lip hard, suppressing the pain she felt because she knew that Kim was lying to her.

"Are you still going to see her tomorrow, even though we barely spend time with each other any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter