Chapter Twenty

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come on... you said you were gonna... tell... them... yesterday... but you didn't! Just talk to dad before we leave... Ugh... You're... not... making... this... easier! P'! Get out... now!" Alice grunted, she keeps on pushing her sister outside but Pie was adamant.

"I'm... not... yet... ready... Stop...! Alice!" Pie whispered threateningly, she stretched her arms out to Alice and propped her back against the door frame.

"You... tell... dad... now... You're... going back... to work... tomorrow!" Alice retaliated and with a heave, she shoved Pie out.

Pie grabbed the door post, nearly falling over the chair resting in the middle of the porch.

"Alice!" Pie squealed.

"Oooops. Sorry, sis. Talk to dad now." Alice mouthed apologetically while she waved her hands and pointed to their dad.

"Pie...? What are you doing?" Mr. Manaying asked, looking up from the newspaper he was reading.

"Nothing, dad. I'm just waiting for Alice. We're going to the mall." Pie answered nervously, she started walking backwards slowly, back into their house.

"Why are you acting like that? Have a seat, princess." He chuckled as he folded over a page to his newspaper.

Pie sat next to her dad, she squirmed in her seat while stealing glances at her dad.

Mr. Manaying pushed the newspaper to one side with a sigh, "What's going on, Pie?"

Pie closed her eyes and her body gave a slight shake. She paused and took a long deep breath in attempt to calm her racing heart. Mr. Manaying looked at her daughter curiously.

"Dad... I'm sorry..." Pie opened her eyes, took some deep breaths and murmured gently to her dad.

"Pie... princess, what happened?" Mr. Manaying asked, his face suddenly heavy with worry.

"I'm sorry..." Tears slowly trickled down Pie's face; she gasped and tried to take another deep breath which only brought on a sob.

"I'm sorry, dad..." Pie repeated, tears blurring her eyes.

"Why are you sorry? Pie... are you pregnant?" Mr. Manaying asked gently, but a cold sweat broke out on his forehead.

"What? No! I'm not, dad!" Pie winced, clearly taken aback by her dad's question.

"Oh Pie...," he breathed a sigh of relief, "Then what are you saying sorry for?"

Pie wiped the tears from her face; she paused and looked at her dad, "I'm in love... with Kim..."

"Kim...? Kimhan...?" He asked, clearly appalled, mouth gaping open.

"Y-yes..." Pie faltered, avoiding her dad's probing stare. She bit her lip, nervously twisting her fingers together.

"I can't believe this... Kim...? and my daughter...?" Mr. Manaying murmured, shaking his head, "Since when?"

Pie glanced at her dad, she cleared , "We're together for four months now... I'm sorry, dad... I love Kim... I tried not to feel this way... but I can't... I love her... I'm sorry..."

Pie's tears started to well up in her eyes again, and she did everything she could to hold them back, she hide her face behind her trembling hands. Mr. Manaying put his arm around Pie's shoulder; he pulls her hands away from her face and wiped the tears under her eyes.

"Pie... I can't be mad at you for falling in love with Kim. I know that we never get to choose the person we fall in love with. I just want you to be happy and if that means being with Kim then so be it. Hush now. You're such a cry baby." Mr. Manaying chuckles as he hugged Pie tight.

"I thought... you're going to be mad at me... because she's a girl..." Pie sobbed.

"What? Kim's a girl?" his eyes widened for a second then he chuckled, "Ah... Well, I think she'll pass as a boy anyway, such a handsome kid? Don't you think?"

Pie gig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter