Chapter Five

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ice cold air fondled Kim’s face and sneaked under her clothes, spreading across her skin, Kim shivered. The crunch of metal against ice can be heard together with the children’s laughter so gleeful and pure. Kim can hear people laughing left and right while the song The Story of Mumble played at the background. Kim looks at Pie and her niece as they playfully glides over the ice.

“Ploy! Pie! I’ll go rest first.” Kim called out to them as she points to the bench outside the ice skating rink.

Pie and Ploy both nodded their yes to Kim as Kim responds with a smile. Kim gently glides to the exit. She sat on the bench near the hotdog food stand, overlooking Pie and Ploy enjoying their time. 

A group of young ladies are giggling and batting their eyes at Kim, trying to catch her attention. One young girl seated next to Kim, with long flowing brunette hair hanging down past her waist, looked up at Kim with dark enchanting eyes.

“Hi!” said the young brunette girl to Kim.

“Hello.” Kim glanced back at the girl, showing a half smile.

The young brunette girl can’t help but giggle and she smile flirtatiously to Kim.

“Are you with someone? You wanna grab a cup of coffee or something?” asked the brunette girl as she touches Kim’s arm softly.

“Kimhan.” a stern voice interrupted just when Kim was about to answer the brunette girl.

Pie walked towards Kim with an annoyed face, her eyebrows simultaneously slanted inward, and a wrinkle gathered between her brows, and Pie puckered her lips.

“Hi Pie.” Kim said gently to Pie while giving her a wide smile.

“Do you need anything?” Pie asks the brunette girl as she sits beside Kim and grabbed Kim’s right arm tightly.

The brunette girl rolled her eyes at Pie and rudely walked away.

“Enjoying yourself huh?” Pie asked suspiciously to Kim.

“Yep. And you?” answered Kim innocently to Pie.

Pie just shrugged her shoulders.

“Eh? Why? Are you tired? Do you want anything to eat? I’ll get you a drink.” Kim worriedly asks Pie.

Kim stood up and didn’t wait for Pie’s answer, she went to the hotdog food stand and bought sandwiches and bottled water for them.

“Here, you must be tired. We’ll have dinner after.” Kim gave a sandwich and bottled water to Pie.

“Ploy still wants to play.” Pie said to Kim.

“Well, she loves it here. Who doesn’t right? Ah, it’s too hot here in Bangkok, sometimes I miss Chiang Mai, the weather is cooler there.” Kim closes her eyes as she smiles thinking about her memories in Chiang Mai.

“You never said goodbye to us. Yam even cried when you left.” Pie pouted her lips at Kim.

Kim chuckles, “Ah, I hate goodbyes. I’m sorry Pie. And speaking of Yam, she’ll be really happy to see you again Pie.”

“What do you mean? The last time I saw her was in our highschool graduation. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter