Chapter Twenty-Nine

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 12, 2018. Every color Kim could imagine was reflected in her eyes. The moon was peeking through the cluster of trees that lightens the stone path while the colored hanging lanterns bring a vibrant atmosphere. Wooden chairs along the aisle was hand painted in antique gold and silver tones while the handrails were decorated with clusters of green hydrangeas, purple lisianthus and cream roses, tied with dripping gold and ivory ribbons. Petals of cream roses scattered on the green smooth velvet grass. Kim paused before the garden gate, to look at the guests that were enlightened by the beauty, fragrance, and sight of the flowers, so as the place itself. She inhaled deeply and held her breath for a few seconds, letting it out forcefully and inhaling again, holding it for several seconds more. She let out her breath again and more slowly this time. Kim smiled when she heard the piano and string quartet began to play, then she straighten her clothes and entered from the side gate. Kim stood at the altar, wearing a classic black tuxedo with navy blue vest, tie and pocket square then a fuchsia rose boutonniere. Beside her was Shone, he wore a white tuxedo jacket with a black shawl lapels and black silhouette trouser then a red rose boutonniere. Kim lightly taps Shone's back and gave him an encouraging smile. Shone returned the smile with a nervous smile while the sparkle remained in his eyes. They both turned to look down the aisle as the piano and string quartet changed to a different music. The groomsmen slowly walked arm and arm with the bridesmaids up the aisle toward Kim and Shone. Pii and Fah were the first pair to march the entire length of the center aisle to the altar; they were smiling warmly to the guests all through out the walk. Next was Ter, who escorted Ploy to the altar and took his place next in line after Pii. Puak was paired with Puey who winked playfully at Kim and Shone. Shin together with Aunt In followed, with her arm linked in his'. When all of the groomsmen and bridesmaids completed their appointed processions, Pie then walked down the aisle, dressed in a flowing shell pink dress, her hair tied up into a loose knot with tendrils of brown hair escaping to frame her beautiful face. Pie was holding a small cream rose bouquet with white calla lilies and cream hydrangeas. The moment Kim saw Pie in her stunning dress, it took her breath away. It took everything Kim had to keep from reaching and pulling Pie into her arms. Kim watched Pie while her eyes b with admiration and her heart began to flutter as though it was too impatient to beat out of her chest. Kim forgot everything around her at that moment, for, to her amazement and delight, she can only see the smile on Pie's face. Kim's eyes were dancing, her smile was wide with joy, her lips were quivering with a suppressed shout and her cheeks were red. She saw the color rush into Pie's face, her soft features flushed with excitement; her lips curled up on one side and her eyes smiling along with them. Shone worked up a fake, husky cough that snapped Kim out of her reverie. He cleared his throat then smirked at Kim while she grinned back at him. Kim caught Pie's eyes and winked. Pie giggled softly and bit her lower lip as she finally stood in front of Kim. After the wedding entourage completed and assumed their respective positions, the crowd started to stir. Everyone stood and faced the rear of the garden as the piano and string quartet began the song chosen for the bridal entrance.

♪I was her, she was me; We were one, we were free♪

Nam appeared in a breathtaking white chiffon strapless wedding dress with a crystal brooch and graceful draping. She held a bouquet of buttery yellow roses mixed with similar pink blooms and rosy peonies.

 ♪And if there's somebody calling me on; She's the one♪

She had her hair in an elegant low bun with a classic French braid at the back of her neck and pinned up with a beautiful white rose.

 ♪If there's somebody calling me on; She's the one♪ 

Nam looked down the aisle and saw Shone waiting for her. She put her arm in his father's and her mother held her hand. Her parents walked her down the aisle.

♪We were young, we were wrong; We were fine all along♪

Nam held her breath and with every step, her heart beat faster.

♪If there's somebody calling me on; She's the one♪

Shone had his left hand over his mouth and his eyes were glistening with tears.

♪When you get to where you wanna go; And you know the things you wanna know; You're smiling♪

Shone tried his best not to cry but tears slid down his face while he watches Nam walk down the aisle.

♪When you said what you wanna say; And you know the way you wanna play; You'll be so high; You'll be flying♪

He wiped the tears from his eyes as Kim gently rubbed his back and shoulder.

♪Though the sea will be strong, I know we'll carry on; 'Cos if there's somebody calling me on; She's the one♪

He smiled as he focused his gaze back to Nam.

♪If there's somebody calling me on; She's the one♪

Nam felt his eyes beckoning her forward. Her hands trembled and she clasped her bouquet tighter.

♪When you get to where you wanna go; And you know the things you wanna know; You're smiling♪

Nam fixed her gaze on Shone as she slowly made her way down the aisle. For a moment, her gaze shifted to the left of the altar; Pie and Fah looked amazing with their shell pink and light blue dresses while Ploy looked like an angel with her yellow dress and wreath of daisies in her hair.

♪When you said what you wanna say;

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter