Chapter Six

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The smell of freshly brewed coffee fills the room; the ticking of the wall clock chimes with the fridge’s humming sound. Pie taps her fingers on the table as she absent-mindedly stared at her packed lunch.

“What are you thinking babe?” Fah interrupted her musing.

“Huh? W-what? Sorry?” startled by the soft voice, Pie blinked rapidly and looked at Fah.

Fah sat on the chair in front of Pie; she put her hand to her chin and stared at Pie.

“So? What are you thinking Pie?” Fah repeated.

“N-nothing.” Pie murmured as she opened her packed lunch.

“Eh? You’re being secretive nowadays Pie. Tell me babe, did something happen between you and Kim?” Fah said teasingly while gently poking Pie’s arm.

“What? No. Where did you even get that idea?” Pie’s face starts to redden as she answers Fah defensively.

“Oui! You’re blushing Pie! Hah!” Fah giggled.

“Oh come on babe, you can trust me. Besides Pii already told me that you guys went on a date last Saturday? Is that true? Huh?” Fah accused teasingly.

“It was not a date and her niece was with us. We just went ice skating and grabbed some dinner.” Pie narrowed her eyes threateningly.

“Ei! I was just asking! Heh.” Fah chuckled to Pie’s reaction.

“How about this morning? Didn’t Kim drive you to work? Huh?” Fah continued to interrogate Pie.

“Listen, it just so happened that her aunt’s café was the place I always get my morning coffee. I saw her there and she offered me a ride. Nothing more.” explained Pie as she glares at Fah.

Fah just shrugged her shoulders as she scooped a spoonful of fried rice into from Pie’s lunch.

“So, will Kim drive you to work everyday? You said that you get your morning coffee from her aunt’s café, which means you get to see her every morning now, right?” Fah continued to tease Pie.

“You guys didn’t wait for me!” cried a loud angry voice. Nam crossed her arms over her chest, and her gaze went to Pie and Fah.

“Oh hi babe!  We’re just starting.” Pie smiles at Nam as she pats the sit beside her. Nam sat beside Pie and took the spoon from Fah and starts to eat Pie’s lunch.

“Are you guys enjoying my lunch?” Pie just stared at Fah and Nam as they happily eat.

“Here.” Fah took a spoonful of fried rice and fed it to Pie.

“How’s Kim by the way Pie? I saw her this morning when she drove you to work.”asked Nam curiously to Pie.

“They went on a d—mmmpfff.” Pie suddenly put a spoonful of fried rice to Fah.

“She’s fine now.” answered Pie. Fah’s eyes watered as she tried to swallow the food.

“Shone told me that you guys already knew each other before?” Nam asked as she stood up and went to pour herself some coffee from the counter.

“Yes, we went to the same school. I was three years ahead of her. We only got to talked once I think in the school bus. We were not close back then although we were both friends with Yam.” Pie said.

“But they’re close now.” Fah said as she hurriedly stood up and hid behind Nam. Pie glared at her.

“I know right? I heard they even went on a date.” Nam sniggered.

“Shone told you huh? Hah.” said Fah. Nam and Fah laughed loudly.

Pie rolled her eyes and walked out from the office pantry, leaving her two friends behind while still laughing.

“Oui babe! We’re just happy for you!” Nam chuckles as she ran after Pie. Fah followed while she quickly grabbed a cup of coffee.

“Yeah Pie. Kim’s the nicest person I know. Pii’s not even close to how nice Kim is.” Fah shakes her head while making a strange face.

“You look stupid babe. Haha” said Nam while laughing at Fah.

“Kim’s more of a gentleman than Shone. I remembered a lot of times that I opened the door for Shone unlike Kim, whenever she’s with us; she never failed to do it for me or to anyone even to Shone.” Nam expressed her approval towards Kim.

“Why are you guys saying all this to me?” Pie looked at them suspiciously.

“We’re just being supportive. As friends, we want the best for you babe.” Nam answered.

“Huh? Me and Kimhan are just friends and I don’t swing that way.” Pie walks to her table and picks up a folder then she glances at it and then looks back at her friends.

“Oooh. That sounds familiar. Didn’t I use to say that? But look at me now, I'm with Pii for almost three years. You’ll never know Pie.” Fah said as she gave a wry smile to Pie.

“Whatever babe, can we stop talking about Kim? Both of you also needs to go back to work.” Pie raised an eyebrow, Fah and Nam giggled in response.

###

 

Kim is staring blankly at her computer screen. She leaned back in her chair and released a sigh.

“Soooooo? What’s up?” Pii asked Kim while throwing paper balls at Puak who’s sleeping; Puak’s head flung back and his mouth wide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter