Chapter Twelve

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a month since Kim left for Singapore. Pie walked down the street smiling, her eyes bright with excitement and her face glowing. Pie glanced at her watch then her phone started ringing, she reached for it inside her pocket.

“Kimhan…” Pie answered her phone as her heart pounded in her chest, her face lit up in a sweet smile, her eyes disappearing.

“Hello Pie, princess?” Kim’s gentle voice echoed cheerily from the other line.

“Kim. What time’s your flight home?” Pie asked excitement evident in her voice.

“Four this afternoon. Don’t tell Ploy, I want to surprise her.” Kim chuckled.

“Sure, I won’t tell her. Hmm, I’m going to have lunch with them today.”

“That’s great, you’ve been eating plenty right? You didn’t skip any meals?”

“Yes, I’ve been eating a lot these days. Yam always dragged me somewhere to eat, I think we tried almost all of the restaurants here in Bangkok.” Pie giggled.

“I hope you’re eating a lot too Kim. I’m worried you’re not taking care of yourself there. You’re already too skinny.” Pie continued.

“Of course, someone’s been making sure I eat a lot here, princess.”

“Someone? What a girl?” Pie sounded bewildered, with a hint of jealousy in her voice.

“Not a girl. My boss, he's like a father to me. He's very nice, you’ll surely like him.” Kim answered, she chuckles softly.

“Oh.” Pie sighed in relief as she sat on a bench near the water fountain, its dazzling pale blue streams of water spurted rhythmically.

“What’s with the sighing princess?”

“Nothing. Have you packed your things?” Pie asked.

“Yes. I did it last night.”

“Okay, what are you doing now?”

“I’m just looking at the most beautiful girl in the world.” Kim answered playfully.

“Seriously?” Pie asked irritatingly.

“Yes. She’s sitting on the bench near the water fountain.”

“You sounded like a stalker Kimhan.” Pie said in a stern voice.

“Really? I can’t help it, she’s so beautiful even with the simple white tank top and black skinny jeans.”

“I guess you’re very busy now. I’ll just see you when you get back. Bye.” Pie ended the call without waiting for Kim’s response.

Suddenly a familiar voice said softly, “I missed you.”

Pie looked at the person standing beside her.

“Hi princess.” Kim smiled; her dark brown eyes squinted as her cheeks move upwards.

“K-Kim?” Pie stuttered, she felt her face flushed and her heart was racing.

“Surprise?” Kim said, she now doubted if it was a good idea to surprise Pie.

Soft and gentle, Kim called out to Pie again. “Pie?”

Kim’s gentle voice made Pie melt inside as she grinned.

“I… thought you’re still in Singapore.” Pie said as she looked up at Kim.

“I just couldn’t wait to see the most beautiful girl in the world.” Kim’s voice was so soft and sweet, it sounded almost like a whisper.

The butterflies in Pie’s stomach fluttered, spreading a warmth sensation deep inside her. Pie stood and she immediately hugged Kim tightly. Kim felt a huge smile spread across her face, she closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around Pie.

“I missed you Pie.”

Pie hugged Kim tighter as she reached her hands around Kim’s shoulders and leaning her cheeks against Kim’s.

“I missed you too.”

###

 

“You surprised us Pa! I missed you soooo much!” Ploy snuggled into Kim’s neck, her little fingers brushing against Kim’s hair.

“I missed you soooo much too sweat pea!”

Ploy giggled. Kim set Ploy on her lap and tweaked the end of Ploy’s nose. Kim cupped Ploy’s face, her lips puckering.

“How did you get more beautiful in just a month?” Kim said.

Ploy giggled even more when Kim showered kisses all over her face.

“I hope you didn’t give your Nana and P’Pie a hard time? You were a good girl right?” Kim asked.

Ploy nodded her head solemnly and smiled at Kim.

“I’m always a good girl Pa. I’m just like you.” Ploy said smartly.

“Ploy! Kimmy!” A high-pitched voice called out.

“P’! Pa’s here now!” Ploy quickly jumped off Kim’s lap and ran over to hug Yam. Yam pinched Ploy’s cheek.

“What did you bring P’?” Ploy asked.

“We bought some fruit.” Yam answered.

“I’ll give it to Nana.”

“Thank you sweetheart.” Yam smiled.

Yam sat beside Kim, she wrapped her arm around Kim’s waist and kissed her cheek.

“Ploy is still calling you Pa?”

“Yah, it’s better than auntie.” Kim chuckled.

“Who picked you up?” Yam asked.

“Pii and Fah. I told them not to tell anyone, I wanted to surprise Ploy. By the way, where’s Aey? I need to congratulate him. I heard you said yes.” Kim said teasingly.

 “He just parked the car.” Yam smiled lightly at Kim.

“I’m really happy for you Yammy. He’ll make your dream happen.” Kim holds Yam’s hand.

“I don’t have a choice Kimmy. You wouldn’t do it.”

Kim laughed, “You wouldn’t want to marry me. I eat a lot.”

“Don’t worry Kimmy, I’m rich. I’ll make you fat.”

Kim laughed even more.

“Oh Yammy, I’ll miss you. You won’t have time for us anymore once you get married.” Kim said as she wiped the tears off from her eyes, she was laughing too much.

“What’s so funny?” Aey interrupted, he gave Kim a huge hug then sat beside Yam.

“I’m just trying to steal your fiancée.” Kim smirked.

“Hey! I asked her first. Go get your own fiancée.” Aey retorted.

“I need a girlfriend first.” Kim chuckled.

“Speaking of girlfriend, your Pie is here.” Aey teased.

Pie came out of the kitchen holding a large red wooden tray, on which she carried Red Curry Chicken, Shrimp Pad Thai and Calamari Salad. Kim hurriedly stood up to help Pie.

“Hi Yam!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter