Chapter Eight

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Kimhan.” Pie said in her sweet, soft voice; her voice puffs a warm air against Kim’s face. Kim stares at Pie, startled, then she laughs quietly.

“P-pie y-you’re h-home.” Kim stuttered as she answered Pie. Kim suddenly felt nervous, her hands starting to sweat.

“Yes, I arrived home about two hours ago.” Pie smiled sweetly at Kim.

“Are you okay? You look pale again, and you’re sweating.” Pie had a concerned look on her face.

Pie wiped the sweat off Kim’s forehead. Kim was stunned for a while, then she came back to her senses and smiled at Pie; Kim held Pie’s hand.

“I’m fine princess, thank you. I’ll wash this for you.” Kim took Pie’s handkerchief.

“Aunt In cooked pasta for dinner. Join us Pie? Ploy will be really happy to see you.” Kim added.

“Uhm, thanks. I miss Ploy too.” Pie smiles shyly and nods.

###

 

The doorbell rung as Kim and Pie went inside the café. The delicious aroma of dinner filled the hallway and the café. Platters were laid out on the center of the table, aunt In’s Spicy Chile-Garlic Shrimp Pasta looks heavenly and appealing together with the plate of garlic bread drenched in butter and herb mixture with a mixed of olive oil, then loaded with mozarella cheese.

 “P’Pie!” Ploy exclaimed excitedly as soon as she saw Pie entered the café’s private dining room. Ploy hurriedly ran towards Pie and hugged her.

“Sweetie! I missed you! How are you Ploy?” Pie said happily to Ploy.

“I’m good P’. Come P’, let’s eat dinner, please sit beside me.” Ploy took Pie’s hand and guided her to the dining table.

“I haven’t seen you for a week P’. I miss you soooooooo much! Pa won’t let me talk to you on the phone. She said you’re busy and tired, and I should just wait for you to come home.” Ploy said, her lower lip protruded in a sulky pout.

“Huh? But your Pa called me every night. She always said you’re sleeping so I never got to talk to you.” Pie looked at Kim suspiciously.

“Hey! I was telling the truth, whenever I called you, Ploy was already sleeping. And I know you’re busy during the day so I only called at night.” Kim retorted, pouting her lips at Pie.

Pie chuckled, “You two look so much alike. Haha”

“You’re very lucky sweet pea, you inherited my good looks.” Kim said as he winked and smirked at Ploy.

“Oh my, I didn’t know you’re conceited Pa.” Ploy answered, shaking her head as if disappointed at her Pa’s response.

“Oui, I’m not. I’m just being honest. Right Pie?” Kim looked at Pie hopefully.

 “I don’t know about that.” Pie said teasingly. Ploy laughs aloud.

“Pie, sweetheart! You’r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter