Chapter Nineteen

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The faint tinkle of bells rang out as Pie pushed the glass door open. The pastry shop was beautifully lit by hanging rustic light bulbs. The counter area has the perfect mix of sleek white cabinets, an exposed brick and wood beams. Variety of chocolates in large bowls and jars were displayed on the shelves while mouth watering patisserie selection, showcased on stone bench tops under glass cabinets. The waiter from the counter glanced up and smiled at Pie as she came in. Pie returned the smile uneasily and she made an order. Pie went to sit at the far end of the shop. She took out her phone and drummed her fingers nervously on the table as she waited for Kim to answer her call.

"Hello...? Pie... princess?"

"Kimhan... honey, I'm meeting up with Alice tonight, don't wait up for me, I'll stay here at home for the weekend..." Pie swirled the straw around in her iced tea and stared at the ice cubes as they clinked against the glass.

"Okay... Are you... going to tell them about me...? about us?" Kim asked hesitantly.

"Yes..." Pie answered, her voice breaking from the nervous strain. 

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine... I'm just really nervous... I don't know how they'll react..."

"Pie... I know I said it a lot of times but I want to tell you again... no matter what happen, I'm always here for you... I'll always love you..."

"Kim..." Pie sobbed.

"I love you Pie..."

"I love you too... I miss you Kim..." Pie uttered on a sob that lingered.

"I miss you too... If you need me, call me. I don't care if I'm sleeping or working, just call me. Okay?" Kim said gently.

"I will... bye..." Pie mumbled tearily, she sniffed and gently wiped the tears from her eyes.

Pie suddenly felt a soft hand on her shoulder; she turned around and saw Alice looking at her concernedly.

"Hey sis... Are you alright?" Alice sat beside Pie and placed a hand on her back.

"Huh? Y-yeah, I-I'm okay... Have you had your dinner?" Pie forced a smile.

"Yup. And you? If not, you can also eat at home. Are you sure you're okay? Were you crying?" Alice asked suspiciously, she stared straight at Pie, she watched her swirl her drink around the glass.

Pie wrung her hands together and crossed then uncrossed her legs again, she decided not to prolong the agony, and she would tell Alice about Kim.

"I'm okay... but I want to tell you something..." Pie pulled in her bottom lip and fought against the tears that stung her eyes.

"What is it?"

"I... I'm in love with someone..."

"Really? Do I know him?" Alice asked excitedly.

"Kim... her name's Kim... and she's a girl too... we've been together for a few months now..." Pie answered with a shaking voice.

"Are you serious?" Alice looked at Pie in disbelief.

Pie didn't know what to say, and so she simply nodded.

"Kim...? You mean that Kimhan you were always talking to?"

Pie nodded again, she was so flustered and she felt as though her heart was about to leap out of her chest.

Alice paused for a moment, thinking, and then she turned and gazed out the window, staring blankly at nothing in particular.

"I'm sorry..." Pie whispered, looking down at her trembling hands.

"What?" Alice asked confusingly.

"I'm sorry... I know, you will all be disappointed... but I love Kim... I love her... I..." Pie swallowed a lump in and blinked tears from her eyes.

 Alice let out a soft chuckle and shook her head, colour flooded her cheeks, "I'm not. I'm actually happy for you P'. I really am. I was just thinking, I think I know her."

"Y-you know Kim? H-how?" Pie stuttered as her eyes widen in surprise.

"Yeah, dad told me that you went to the same school with her. That's the same Kim you're dating, right?" Alice smiled teasingly.

"Why would dad tell you that?"

"I asked him."

"Why?"

"I saw her at dad's office. I thought she was a guy, so I asked dad about her." Alice giggled.

"What? W-what do you mean?"

"Well, she's very handsome; I had a litt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter