Chapter Twenty-Seven

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim can't keep her eyes off Pie. Pie was so naturally beautiful that she didn't need makeup or fancy clothes, she was beyond gorgeous. Kim wished they had the whole day to spend together but Pie needs to go back to work. Pie watched Kim in the mirror as Kim stopped behind her and gazed at her affectionately. Pie turned from the mirror, and looked at Kim.

"Hi, beautiful. Will you go on a date with me?" Kim asked as she wrapped her arms around Pie's waist and pulled her up against her.

"Yes I will, handsome." Pie looked at her through those intense brown eyes that Kim always loved.

Kim planted a kiss on Pie's cheek, and then whispered, "I can hardly wait."

Pie bit down on her lower lip and she said under her breath, "You have to wait because I need to go to work today, honey."

Kim sighed heavily and pulled a sad face at Pie. Pie laughed as she tousled Kim's hair with her fingertips.

"We can just have our date later, okay?"

Kim smoothed her hair back the way it was and quickly turned her back from Pie. She dropped herself on the bed, lying across it on her stomach and her face buried in a pillow.

"I'll go back to work too." Kim muttered into the pillow.

Pie drew back her hand and frowned. Then she sat down beside Kim on the bed. Pie put her hand on Kim's back and began kneading her shoulders.

"You still need to rest."

"I'm feeling better now. I'll just die from boredom in here."

"Kimhan, I'm telling you again that you still need to get more rest. Do you want to get sick again? I'll call you whenever I can, okay? Do you understand, Kimhan?" Pie said firmly as she continued rubbing Kim's back.

Kim twitched but never lifted her head from the pillow.

"You know what, I miss those times you used to say Kimhan in a sweeter way." Kim said, and then rolled onto her back.

Pie giggled softly at Kim's reaction, "Then, you better stop acting like a kid."

She brought her hand to Kim's face, her cheek with her thumb and she placed a gentle kiss on Kim's lips. Pie's mouth was warm and tender and Kim returned Pie's kiss with an even longer one, she raised her head and met Pie's gaze.

"You don't need to put on a lipstick now. You're welcome, honey." Kim chuckled, she drew Pie into her arms and buried her face to Pie's leaf brown hair, nuzzling her neck and pressing soft kisses to it, "I love you, Pie."

Pie's heart beat frantically inside her chest and she wrapped her arms around Kim's neck, pulling her even closer. Kim tilted her head back until she could look into Pie's eyes.

"I love you too, Kimhan." Pie smiled sweetly as her fingers gently caressed Kim's face.

 "I really need to go now. I'm going to be late, honey." Pie muttered quietly.

"Okay, okay. Just leave me here all alone." Kim said gloomily as she slumped back against the headboard.

"Don't be silly. I prepared lunch for you too. You can heat it in the microwave later. I'll call you, okay?"

"Okay. Let me drive you to work." Kim said as she rolled out of bed with her messy hair, slipped on her sneakers and grabbed the car keys.

"I'll be alright, you don't have to drive me to work. Besides, I told you that you still need to rest." Pie smiled at Kim, walking past her and out of the room.

Kim turned and follows her out. She ruffled her fingers through her hair and down to her nape where she began scratching, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'll be fine. I'll see you later." Pie answered.

Kim paused, and took a moment to think, she eyed Pie suspiciously.

 "What is it? Why are you looking at me like that?" Pie walked towards Kim, she slipped her hand out to rub Kim's arm.

"Is Van going to pick you up?" Kim asked calmly though she pulled her arm away.

Pie was silent for a moment; she was a bit startled at Kim's reaction. Then she smiled at Kim as she leaned in to hug her.

 "No, he won't. There's no need to be jealous, honey. I just don't want you to get tired. I love you."

Kim stood still, not moving while looking away at Pie.

"You're not going to hug me back?" Pie's voice shook, pulling away slowly; she looked up at Kim with anguish in her face.

"Kim," Pie closed her eyes then bit her lip; "I can see by your face that you think I'm seeing Van behind your back. I'm not. I told you everything. Do you trust me?"

Kim nodded her head slowly.

"I love you, Kim." Pie said softly, biting her lip, her eyes blinking rapidly.

"Come here, Pie."

"Please don't be upset anymore." Pie muttered, coming into Kim's arms, she hugged her tight. "I'm sorry—"

"Shh," Kim whispered, kissing Pie's lips lightly. "I'm sorry too if I was acting like a jerk. I trust you Pie but I don't trust him, I hope you understand. I love you, honey."

Pie tilted her head back to look up at Kim, her smile as bright as her eyes. The glow of Pie's smile warmed Kim's heart, she paused for a moment, holding her face in her hands then she smothered Pie with many short sweet kisses.

"I'll text you if I can't call, okay? And I'll check on you from time to time. Don't forget to take your meds. Don't skip lunch—"

"Pie, I know. You've already said that to me." Kim embraced Pie tightly, she buried her face in Pie's hair, savoring her scent, never wanting to let go.

Pie laid her head on Kim's chest and she cuddled her.

"You can leave now before I change my mind and drag you back to the room." Kim said, kissing the top of Pie's head. Her lips gently kissed her forehead and as she cupped Pie's chin, her lips pressed firmly onto hers.

"I love you, Kim."

Kim nodded as she let Pie loose from her embrace.

Kim stood on the sidewalk and watched the cab drive away. 

###

 

Pie walked out of the meeting room and sat at her desk. Her phone rang and she almost jumped.

"Sheesh. Good thing, nobody was here to see me." Pie mumbled, and then she picked up her phone.

"This is Pie." Pie answered as she grabbed a pen and a notepad. She began to jot down notes of Mr. Panuparb's investment needs.

"Hey, babe. Are you done with your client meeting?" Fah asked.

"Yes, why?"

"Guess who's at the lobby waiting for you?" Fah asked, her voice sounded light, almost teasing.

"Is it Kim? I've tried to call her an hour ago but she wasn't answering."

Fah could hear the excitement in Pie's voice.

"Uhm. I hate to burst your bubble but it's not Kim. Van is actually waiting for you at the lobby. Sorry, babe."

Pie didn't speak, the feeling of excitement turned to disappointment. And then she felt annoyed because she thought that Van will never show up again.

"Pie? Hello?"

"I'm still here. What does he want? Ugh. Kim and I are finally okay, he's going to mess up everything again. Did you tell him that I'm here?" Pie clicked her tongue in frustration as she forced herself to keep her voice steady.

"I didn't but Puey— Pie! I'm sorry! I was caught off guard by his irresistible charms— Oh stop it! Hello, Pie? I'm sorry but this squid sold you out— No! I didn't Pie, I'm— Puey! Stop doing that! Pie? We're very sorry. Just tell him about Kim so you can finally get rid of him for good."

Pie sighed and rubbed the back of her neck.

"Fine," she said with a frown as she ended the call.

Pie pulled out her phone again then headed toward the door. She wanted to see if Kim had texted her back from earlier or if she missed a call from her. There was none. Pie gritted her teeth in frustration, she doesn't want Kim to know through text about Van, it might lead to misunderstanding, and she wanted to talk to her. She heard the low hum of the elevator; she looked up from her phone and pressed the button. The elevator door opened silently and smoothly, she went inside and pressed the ground floor button. 

"Kimhan, why aren't you answering my calls? Call me. Now." Pie sent a message to Kim and then she put her phone back to her purse.

The elevator coasted to a stop and the doors opened. When Pie got to the lobby, she saw Van smiling and strutting around while talking on his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter