Chapter Two

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a beautiful morning. The sun was shining brightly through the windows; Pie can see outside the wet grass and the gravel on the ground, were glistening against the sun. The porch wreathed in climbers, were surrounded by white and golden yellow lilies; Pie can almost taste the smell of the fragrant flowers. She went outside and sat on an old wooden stool while waiting for the school bus to arrive. Pie heard a sound of the bus' horn; she rushed to the sidewalk and goes on the school bus. She can hear the cheerful laughter of her schoolmates inside the bus; it brought smile to her face. Everyone's happily talking. The bus stopped to the next depot and waited for Kim to arrive. It has been more than five minutes but Kim still hasn't arrived; the bus needed to leave because of the school's policy.

###

 

Pie was barely listening to their teacher; she seems distracted and so as Yam. Yam was just staring outside the window and she seems waiting for someone to come. Pie called Yam's attention quietly by throwing a piece of paper to her. Yam felt the paper at the back of her head and picked it up from the floor; she unfolded it and read the message from Pie.

"You've been staring out the window since the class started, are you waiting for someone? –Pie".

Yam took her pen out and wrote her response to Pie. "I'm worried about Kim, she didn't go to school today, did you not see her? You guys ride the same school bus right? -Yam".

Pie read it and immediately wrote her answer to Yam. "No, we waited for more than five minutes for her but she never came, the driver can't wait for her anymore so we left. Maybe, she's not feeling well. You can just visit her after school. -Pie".

Yam still looks worried and didn't bother to answer Pie anymore. The school bell rang just about the same time the teacher ended the class. Pie came to Yam's side.

 "Are you still worried about her?" Pie asked.

"Yes, I am. She looks so pale this past few days and I know she has a problem but she doesn't want to tell me. I want to help her but how am I suppose to do that if she won't even tell me what's wrong?" Yam explained.

"We've known each other since we were kids, she's my best friend but how come she won't talk to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter