Chapter Seven

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sky is cloudless and clear; the brightness of the stars relieves the darkness of the night. The cool night breeze blowing softly and touches Kim’s skin. Kim bites her bottom lip; she slowly closes her eyes. Kim inhaled quietly while she listens to the song Photograph of Ed Sheeran playing from Puak’s stereo. Kim was dressed in black skinny jeans and a thick flannel shirt in burgundy red, black and white plaid; she was seated on a wooden stool barely a foot away off the veranda, her legs crossed, her arms resting on the table while holding an ice-cold beer in her hand.

“Hey Kim!” Nam called out as she walks towards Kim’s table.

“Hi Nam. Where’s Shone?” asked Kim.

“Hmm, he went to the bathroom. You okay?” Nam asks Kim slightly tilting her head to the side.

“Yah, I’m okay, I haven’t drank that many beers yet.” answered Kim, she smirks at Nam with a grin.

“Okay, you looked like you were in a daze a while ago. Are you thinking of Pie huh?” teased Nam.

“N-no I-I’m not.” Kim looked away as her ears redden and her face heat up. Nam giggled at Kim’s reaction.

“Really? Your face says differently. Don’t worry, she’ll be back next week. Why don’t you try calling her?” Nam asked, chuckling as she leaned forward to Kim.

“I-I d-don’t have her number.” Kim mumbled.

“Why didn’t you ask her? And why do you keep on stuttering huh?” Nam chuckled softly. “I’ll give you her number. Call her. I bet she misses you too.” Nam sent Pie’s number to Kim; Kim’s phone beeped.

“Thanks Nam.” Kim smiled shyly to Nam as she saves Pie’s number in her phone.

“Go ahead Kim. Call her now.” Gently and persuasively, Nam pushes Kim off her chair.

“W-what am I suppose to tell her?” Kim asked Nam nervously.

“Just ask her how her day was or whatever. Tell her I say hi too. Go on. You’ll figure out what to say once you call her.” Nam smiled at Kim.

Kim nodded; she walked towards the veranda while looking at her phone, she pressed Pie’s number as it starts to ring.

“Hello?” Pie answered, her voice was soft, gentle and low.

“Pie? This is Kim. Is this a good time?” Kim asked in a tense voice.

“K-Kim? Oh yeah, i-its fine. I’m not doing anything.” said Pie.

“How was your day? Uhm, are you tired? I mean, it’s your grandma’s birthday, so I bet you guys were quite busy.” Kim asked sheepishly.

“Yeah, a bit. Well, it was mostly my parents. They were busy while I just hang around with my sister Alice and our cousins; we did some catching up and stuff. How about you? Are you at Puak’s place now?” Pie curiously asked Kim.

“Yup. Nam also said hi.” Kim glances at Nam, who’s happily talking now to Fah.

“Uhm, Ploy misses you by the way. She keeps on asking when we are going out again. Even aunt In’s been asking about you, saying that you don’t drop by anymore to the café for the past few days.” chuckles Kim.

“Aww. I miss them too. I promised you that we’ll go out next Sunday, so you can ask Ploy where she wants to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter