Chapter One

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The window shows a dark grey sky. Heavy and large looking clouds were moving towards the school bus; children were laughing and shouting inside. The sound of laughter overcomes the loud gust of wind knocking on the windows. Dark clouds started to gather, heavy drops of rain began to fall. The school bus stopped and a young boy hopped off the bus and started running; splatter of rain falls to his pale face. The young boy tumbled and his knee started to bleed. He forced himself to run; he fell again and started limping. The children inside the bus burst in laughter and mocked the young boy then the bus leaves the depot.

A petite girl was looking out the window, she was staring at the young boy limping his way home, she has this sudden feeling of sadness; she felt bad for him. Gently the wind blew Pie’s hair to her face from the small gap in the window. Pie tucks her leaf-brown hair behind her ears while her dark hazel brown eyes blinks slowly; her warm lips curved into a smile as she sees a tall attractive looking man holding a yellow umbrella waiting at the bus stop. She went down from the school bus and hugged the tall man.

“Dad, you’re home early! And you waited for me! You’re such a sweet dad!” Pie said happily.

“Ofcourse my princess, I don’t want you to get sick from this heavy rain. You know how expensive hospital bills can get!” Mr. Manaying said seriously. Pie pouted which crinkle her small and button-like nose. Mr. Manaying chuckles to see Pie’s expression.

“I was just kidding princess; I don’t care how much I spend as long as you’re happy and healthy.” Mr. Manaying said to Pie. Pie smiled, it reached her eyes, lighting them, causing them to crinkle at the corners. Mr. Manaying smiled back and holds her daughter’s hand and they run towards their house.

###

 

The next day, Pie saw the young boy again from the school bus that tumbled and scathed his knee. He looked paler and he's still limping. The young boy was walking slowly into his classroom when suddenly a large boy came waddling towards him.

“Out of the way!” he said, punching the young boy in the ribs.

The young boy fell hard on the concrete floor. His books scattered and everyone started laughing at him again. Pie was about to help him when a dazzling looking girl came running to help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter