Chapter Fifteen

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim was staring at the coffee mug in front of her as the steam from the hot coffee comes out of it. She was slumped over the table, her head rested on her hands, her cheeks cupped in the base of her palms. Dark shadows appeared under her eyes from the tilt of her head, she shifted her palms to rub away at her eyes as she heaved a sigh.

"Yam..." Kim murmured, clasping her hands together to rest her chin on them. Her thoughts went back to what happened last night, to Yam's confession.

 

"Kim... I love you..."

"Yam..." A stolid expression of utter bewilderment show on Kim's face, she seemed stupefied.

"I'm sorry, but I love you since we were kids. I just don't know how to tell you. You're too important for me to lose. I thought if I'm with Aey, I'll forget my feelings for you but I just can't. It hurts even more whenever I see you with Pie. I'm sorry Kim."

"I don't know... Yammy... I—"

The servers suddenly appeared with several large trays of food. Once all the food was placed on the table, Yam took the serving spoon and placed half of the grilled salmon on Kim's plate.

"Let's just eat Kim..."

They were unusually quiet and ate their food silently. Kim looked at Yam, she noticed that Yam barely touched her food.

"Yammy... Do you want to talk about it?" Kim asked gently.

"I'm fine." Yam replied, quickly wiping the tears from her eyes so that Kim wouldn't worry.

"It's getting late Kim. Ploy will start to worry." Yam smiled weakly at Kim.

"Can you please at least finish your food? You need to eat Yammy."

"I'm not really hungry. Let's go home Kim."

Kim stared at Yam as she stood up and walked away. Kim pulled out her wallet, threw some bills on the table and hurried out after Yam, already out the door and hailing a cab.

"Yam! Wait up! I'll drive you home!"

"You don't need to. Take care Kimmy."

A yellow cab stopped in front of Yam as she quickly hops into the cab.

 

"What should I tell Yam... I don't want to hurt her... Jeez... Ugh!" Kim shakes her head in frustration and runs her hands through her hair, pulling hard on the ends.

"Should I talk to Aey? No... Aey must be mad at me... Should I tell Pie? No... I mean, what if she misunderstood? What if she doesn't care? Ugh! I need to talk to Yam again... What will I tell her? How can I tell her I'm in love with someone else without hurting her? She wouldn't even let me drive her home... No... Where's Yammy staying now? She broke up with Aey, so of course she wouldn't be staying in Aey's condo. Wait... Hold on... Where's Ploy?"

###

 

"Yes Pa, I'm here at Nana's... I don't want to wake you up... Because you look so tired and you came home late last night... Yes I did... I'm with P'Pie... I'll tell her... There's still food in the fridge Pa, you can just heat it in the microwave... Okay... I'm sorry... Yes... I love you too Pa... Babye..."

Ploy sighed as she ended the call; she looked up at Pie and smiled, "Pa told me to tell you sorry that she wasn't able to call you back last night."

"Did she tell you why she came home late last night?" Pie asked.

"She said that she had late dinner with P'Yam."

Pie's heart suddenly beat faster at the thought that Kim had dinner with Yam last night.

"It's normal for them to eat dinner together... It doesn't mean anything... Yam’s already with Aey and their engaged... And... Why should I feel this way? Who am I kidding? I need to talk to Kimhan..." Pie thought, she bit her lower lip as she starts fiddling with her phone.

"Ploy, sweetie? Do you want to bring some lunch for your Pa later? I'll go with you."

"Okay, we can eat together at home." Ploy said happily.

"P'Pie? Do you love Pa?" Ploy mused, her eyes beaming.

"W-Why do you ask, sweetie?"

Ploy shrugged her shoulders at Pie.

 "Of course I love your Pa." Pie playfully pinched Ploy's right cheek.

"Does it mean you're Pa's girlfriend?" Ploy asked.

Pi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter