Chapter Fourteen

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dad, why didn't you tell me you're coming to visit?" Pie hugged her dad.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you. Besides, I do this all the time, I always visit you at work." Mr. Manaying chuckled as he pulled out a seat for Pie.

"Thanks dad. But this is the first time you visit me at work." said Pie as she sat.

"Oh, well then, I guess it was Alice." Mr. Manaying replied, he laughed out loud when his daughter narrowed her eyes at him, unable to hide her disappointment.

"I'm sorry princess. What do you want to eat?" Mr. Manaying smiled as he took the seat across from Pie, he glanced around in search of a server.

"Anything's fine. Dad, why are you really here?" Pie asked curiously, her hands folded over the top of the table.

"I want to see my beautiful daughter, see how she's doing." Mr. Manaying smiled as he leaned over, his head tilted up so he could see Pie over the menu book.

"Dad..." Pie rolled her eyes and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'm telling the truth princess." Mr. Manaying said, grinning from ear to ear.

"Sawadee krap. Welcome, what can I get for—" A young tall man came over, smiling and his eyes glanced from Mr. Manaying to Pie, he suddenly stopped, his eyes widened at the sight of Pie. His eyes remained glued at Pie like she was the most beautiful girl he ever laid eyes upon.

"My daughter is beautiful, huh?" Mr. Manaying interrupted the young man's reverie.

The young man nodded his head shyly, "I haven't seen you in here before. What can I get for you sir? and miss?"

"Can you prepare us the specialty of the house?"

"Certainly. That would be Yuzu Tuna Cold Capellini, Is there anything else, sir? miss?"

"I'll have Ceasar salad please. Thank you." Pie said to the server, handing him the menu book.

"How's your work?" Mr. Manaying asked her daughter, leaning forward and resting his elbows on the table.

"It's okay. How's mom and Alice? Sorry dad, I haven't been home for two weeks now. I miss you all so much." Pie looked at her dad apologetically with puppy eyes.

"That's alright, princess. We do miss you too. When do you—" He was interrupted by a loud ring on his mobile phone.

"Hold on princess, let me take this real quick."

Pie nodded slowly.

"Yes? That's okay... No, don't worry about it... I'm having lunch with my daughter... I'll drop by later son... Sure... Oh, wait Kim, please tell Shin to send me the e-mail... Yes, I need to review it... Thanks son... See you later... Bye." Mr. Manaying ended the call and looked back smiling at Pie.

Pie stared at her dad, wide-eyed, unable to speak.

"Pie? Are you okay?"

After a moment that felt like a lifetime, Pie found her voice. "Uhm... Dad, are you still working at Microsoft?"

"Well, technically not anymore, Microsoft sold some of the branches here in Thailand and that includes the one in Ratchaburi, IBM took over, so I'm now working with them again. I guess, its been two years now since then. Why the sudden curiosity, princess?"

The young server came over and placed a plate of Yuzu Tuna Cold Capellini and Ceasar Salad with a jug of their homemade beverage. Mr. Manaying smiled at the server and nodded his thanks.

"The one you were talking to... Uhm... His name is Kim?"

"Yeah, why? Do you know Kim?"

"I... know someone named Kim... but she's a girl..."

"Actually, Kim's a girl, pri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter