Chapter Sixteen

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim brought her hands to Pie's face; she looked at Pie with gleaming eyes, keeping her gaze locked with hers.

"Pie... You ran so fast..." Kim smiled teasingly.

"Silly..." Pie giggled as she wrapped her arms around Kim, hiding her face in Kim's chest. Pie took a deep breath and drew back so she could look at Kim again.

"I think we should go back first." Pie said shyly.

"Yeah..." Kim held each of Pie's hands in hers and breathlessly kissed the back of it, she kept hold of Pie's right hand as she interlocks her fingers with hers.

They were both silent, still holding hands, and they walked together across the purple heath, over the children's park towards Kim's house. For a long time they went on without speaking.

"Kim... Is everything okay with Yam?" Pie asked.

"I hope so..." replied Kim.

"What happened?"

"Uhm... I'll tell you later princess." Kim smiled as she pulled Pie's hand to her chest.

Kim took her keys out of her pocket and unlocked the door.

"Ploy? Yam?" Kim softly called out as they entered the house.

Yam came out of the kitchen; she smiled at Kim and Pie.

"Ploy's in her room. I'll be going now Kim... Pie..."

"I'll drive you home Yammy."

"It's okay..." Yam looked at Pie; she stepped towards Pie and hugged her.

"Please take care of Kim..." Yam whispered, Pie returned Yam's embrace. Without a further word, Yam left Kim's house.

###

 

Kim told Pie everything that happened with Yam, from calling off the wedding, the break up with Aey and the confession to Kim. Kim sensed the change in Pie's mood, the way her breathing shifted and the slight pout of her lower lip, Kim can feel her sadness, after all Pie has a big heart, one of the reasons that Kim keeps on falling for her. Pie keeps her eyes closed while she rested her head on Kim's shoulder. Kim her hand along Pie's shoulder. Kim kissed the top of her head, she squeezed her eyes closed, resting her forehead on Pie's and just breathing in her sweet scent.

"You promised Yam to marry her?" Pie suddenly asked Kim.

"When we were kids, yes." Kim took Pie's hand and kissed it, feeling her soft skin against her lips. She kissed her hand again and closed her eyes, breathing deep to keep her heart beating out of her chest.

"Did I steal you from Yam?" Pie asked sadly, her voice strained.

"No, but you stole my heart."

Pie can't help but smile, her heart flutters at Kim's words. Pie leaned over to kiss Kim's cheek.

"I love you Kimhan..."

"I love you too Pie..."

"Kim..."

"Hmm?"

"Can we..." Pie paused as she hesitates to continue.

"What is it?" Kim asked softly.

"Is it okay if we don't tell anyone yet about us?" Pie whispers.

"You want to keep our relationship a secret?"

Pie pauses to take a deep breath; she lifted her head slowly from Kim's shoulder and hold both of Kim's hands.

"Please, Kim? I... don't know how to tell my family... and I'm scared that if mom finds out, she might force me to leave you or make you leave me... I... don't want to lose you..." Pie choked between sobs.

Kim slowly brushed the tears away; her hand lingering on Pie's cheek as she slowly pulled her face closer to her. Kim leaned forward and gently kissed her.

"Anything for you Pie..."

Pie hugged Kim tight; she wrapped her arms around Kim, leaning her head against Kim's chest as she embraced her.

"But I think dad will like you..." Pie said.

"Your dad? Of course he will, I'm very handsome." Kim chuckled.

"So conceited." Pie said, laughing, "But yeah, dad said you're handsome and smart. I think he even likes you more than me."

"Huh? He knows who I am?" Kim asked surprised; for she thought no one from Pie's family know her.

"Yes... Your boss is my dad, Kimhan."

Kim was stunned; she was speechless for a long moment. Pie gazed up at Kim, she giggled to see Kim's face.

"Oui! Kim!"

"Oh no... Of course he is... I mean you got the same last name... Why didn't I figure it out before... I told him almost everything... What if he finds out... What should I tell him... So he knows we know each other? Oh God! How can I face him at work? Oh... wait... He's still staying at Ratchaburi... Okay... I just need to figure out how to avoid him if he visits us—"

"Kimhan!" Pie called out grumpily.

Pie's loud voice startled Kim from her contemplation, "Pie... princess, I'm sorry..."

Pie glared at K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter