| calling KillerGal REVIEW

NIGHTSOUT -----REVIEW-----ARCHIVE

mungmungah -  Black Rose by KillerGal
Rating: 4.25 out of 5 stars


Cover [.75/1]
The title suits the story well. The description is concise and attention-grabbing. Normally, I’m not very choosy when it comes to posters, but I feel that yours doesn’t do your story justice. For me it has too much “light” in it, for a story with such a dark theme. 


 Grammar and Vocabulary [1/1]
Unremarkable as far as I can say. 


Plot [1.5/2]
I think this is the kind of story that is perfect as a one-shot, despite being very plot-driven. The premise isn’t entirely unfamiliar, but you used it very well by making it concise, and thus, more impactful. You paced it well, too, in such a way that makes the readers eager to keep reading.
The only thing that left me unsatisfied was the vagueness prominent throughout the story. I understand that not going into specifics is part of the writing style for this fic; but I hoped that you had given more details. For example, you highlighted Luhan’s perception of his deed as a form of art; but the way you described the OC’s death didn’t provide the readers an image of how it actually happened. That is, other than the fact that Luhan forced himself on her, and then stabbed her repetitively until she died—which, to be honest, isn’t really a very creative way of murdering someone.


Characters [1/1]
I think you wrote your characters very well. Although, technically, your only character was Luhan, and he wasn’t even written to fit the real-life Luhan, you were able to provide a very complete picture of what kind of ‘person’ he was. 

To end this, I would like to say that this was a very good read! And despite the criticism that I gave (which basically stemmed from having read too many books in this genre), I totally loved reading your story! I look forward to reading more of your stories. Keep being awesome! :D

Mungmungah