| calling louielyn1206 REVIEW

NIGHTSOUT -----REVIEW-----ARCHIVE

FirelightShadow - Review of Seeking for Certainty by louielyn1206: 
 

Story title- 3/5
“Seeking for Certainty” 
I wouldn’t really give it a very high mark because personally I think it sounds a LITTLE awkward. It does have relation to your story but it sounds a little cliche. Some authors do like to have such titles that really introduce their stories rather than a very vague and cryptic title so it’s really up to you, just that I personally don’t really enjoy such titles so I’ll give you a 3/5. 

Description and Forward/Graphics- 4/5
Description: I like how you re-iterated the title in your description, it’s very well rounded and I think it’s well written :) 

Foreward: I do like the cryptic style of your foreword, it is a hook to lure readers in and I think it is well-established. 

Graphics: I quite like the poster hahaha XD 

Conclusion: I liked the layout of everything, and your front pages seems pretty solid, so good job, and it is quite aesthetically pleasing :) I guess a personal peeve of mine is that you introduced your characters in the forward, because personally I think that it is a little redundant because you do a pretty good job of introducing your characters later on in the story, people don’t really need to refer to your character list in front. And it kind of spoils the overall suspense just a little.

Characterisation: 17/20
As I said, I can really move along with the characters in your story so that is a big bonus. I like reading about Suzy and Myungsoo’s relationship, the sweet ways they treat each other and whatnot. Personally I like the way Myungsoo and Suzy address each other, clever wordplay on “Soo” and “Su”. It’s really cute and it feels like they’re really moving/thinking/behaving as one item instead of two separate people. 

Grammar- 13/15
I do like the grammar because there are no jarring mistakes but I do in fact find some wordings or phrases that feel a little awkward when I read them. I would suggest getting more people to read/comment on the use of language itself because I do feel like you can improve at conveying the emotions of your characters more using language. A piece of advice I feel like I can give is that you can try giving more insight to your characters’ thoughts and actually wording out their feelings. From what I see from most of your chapters, you’re stating out physical movements, physical actions, but mentally, what your characters are thinking, it’s a little hard to get a sense of that:) 

Plot- 19/25
I can understand the plot, no problems:)

 Flow- 9/15
The text is an easy read and it is not that hard to follow. BUT the overall flow is a little bit… not as exciting as it should be? Plain, I guess, you can say. I get that it’s supposed to be angsty but there’s not really much feelings/emotions conveyed in each scene, (well, there are, but not as much as I would have liked). For example, the part where Suzy told Sehun about her faking the miscarriage. The flow was a little too fast. Imagine watching a movie and the Suzy talks to Sehun about this. Does the movie actor playing Sehun immediately croak out ‘what?’ in response to Suzy’s sudden statement? (Chapter 26) Or is there pain in his face, a sudden twist to his features, and disappointment in both her and Myungsoo? Does he stand up and attempt to leave before sitting down in exasperation? Does he blink in shock? All these would make your story a lot more exciting and your characters come to life. 

Writing Style (originality/author's voice)- 10/15
You do have a unique writing style. Just that maybe you can improve a bit more and make it boom:) 

Total: 75/100