Goodbye Korea.

Kwon Haneul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YyCuiVQhCg

--------

Haneul sat opposite of her mum and eat her pancakes in silence. Her mum cleared , "I heard you're flying to America today." Haneul put down her fork and knife. "Yes."

"In that case, here's a gift." Mrs Kwon handed a small wrapped package to her daughter. Haneul eyed the present. A part of her doesn't want to accept it, but the other half wants to grab it and tear the wrapping paper into pieces. She shut her eyes, "I don't need a present."

Mrs Kwon blinked, confused. "What.. Why?" Haneul stood up, "I just need you to be there before I leave. Mum, you have never been able to make time for me. Yes, I know you are a busy woman, at least pay attention to your child." Mrs Kwon's jaw dropped at her daughter's sudden words.

"And at least you could tell me about my brother." Haneul muttered. Mrs Kwon was in a daze. Haneul sighed and went up to her room. She hates it when her mother won't do anything. Especially when she is leaving the country. Her own mother won't see her leave and she tries to clear things up by giving a small present.

Haneul hugged her knees. *If only you could tell me about my brother, I wouldn't be so mad.* Halmoni knocked on the door. "Are you upset?" Haneul slightly nodded. Halmoni chuckled and sat next to her. "She's your mum. You shouldn't be mad at her."

"But she won't see me before I leave." Haneul whined. Halmoni reached out for the star shaped necklace that has wings attached to it from Haneul's neck. "She will see you." Haneul blinked. Halmoni examined the necklace, "You have to find the guy with the same necklace as you. If you found him, that person is your brother."

------------

Haneul stepped into the airport with Halmoni, Minhwan and Hana by her side. She dragged along her luggage and checked in on an available counter. Haneul sighed as she looked around to find her mum.

"Why are you sighing?" Hana pouted. "Nothing."

"Passengers to New York please enter the departure hall." The flight attendate called.

Halmoni hugged her granddaughter tightly. "Have a safe journey." "Thank you, Halmoni. Don't forget to take your medicines." "Aigoo, I won't." Haneul chuckled before pulling away.

Hana threw her arms around her bestfriend's neck and weep. "Hana, don't cry, please." Hana sobbed, "You better call me every night." *Like you will answer your phone.* Haneul giggled in her thoughts. Both of them pulled away. Minhwan rubbed his neck awkwardly. "I guess this is goodbye."

Haneul nodded and bit her lower lip before wrapping her arms around Minhwan's waist, "Take care Minhwan." "Take care, Haneul." The two of them pulled away awkwardly. Haneul took a last look around. Still no sign of her mum. She looked down and smiled weakly to herself.

"Bye guys." She waved. "Haneul..." Halmoni called. Haneul turned and tilted her head. "Remember: don't fall in love with any guys there or you will have to come back." Haneul gulped but nodded. "I won't, Halmoni."

She disappeared into the departure hall. Mrs Kwon appeared behind a plant. She placed her hand over her chest. She is worried that her daughter might not be able to obey the rules that her mum gave. *Please be safe, Haneul...*