Jaejin

Kwon Haneul

 

 
------------------------------------
 
After the "surprise" by Jonghun, Haneul decided to clear her mind off by talking a walk in the park. It's been long since she last went there. She didn't bother to put on her wig. Instead she tied her hair up into a ponytail, wore a purple sweater and black jeans with a pair of navy blue sneakers. 
 
But she couldn't concentrate at all. Her mind was everywhere. From Jaejoong asking her to go back to Korea, to Jonghun finding out that she was a girl and last but not least, Jaejin ignoring her. A huge gust of night breeze blew past her. Haneul felt cold. She felt dark. She felt as if someone might pop out from the bushes and ambush her.
 
"Why are you alone?" A voice popped out from behind her. 
 
Haneul jumped in midair and whirled around. Jaejin blinked at her. She placed her hand over her thumping heart. He scared the out of her life. 
 
Jaejin smirked, "I scared you didn't I?" 
 
Haneul cleared and straightened herself up, "You didn't. Why are you here anyways? I thought you were mad at me." 
 
Ouch. Jaejin looked down. He indeed felt guilty for avoiding her when he found out she was a girl. 
 
"So you were mad at me for being mad at you?" Jaejin tilted his head. Haneul turned to go but Jaejin grabbed her wrist.
 
"What do you want, Jae. You found out about me being a girl. You know Kim Jaejoong is my brother. Now what do you want from me?" Haneul blurted.
 
Jaejin gazed softly into her eyes, "I wanna say I'm sorry for being a jerk." Haneul blinked at him as if he was a stranger trying to get some money from her. "What." She muttered.
 
"Look I know I am a jerk for being mad at you after finding out my best friend turns out to be a girl. I wasn't thinking straight. I'm sorry, alright." 
 
Haneul turned around and began walking. She doesn't know what to reply him. Besides, she danced with him, almost kisssing him. She even bumped into him before this guy-diguise play came about. Jaejin caught up next to her and turned her around, placing his hands on her shoulder. Haneul glowered at him. *When did he get so casual with her after everything that happened?*
 
Jaejin squeezed her shoulder, "Will you forgive me?" 
 
"Get away from me." Haneul pushed his hands off her. "If you don't like me being a girl, then I can't help it. I'm born a girl and you can't change the fact." 
 
She turned to go again but Jaejin grabbed her arm, "Why are you acting so cold to me?"
 
"BECAUSE I LIKE YOU, OKAY." Haneul blurted out. She didn't even think twice before saying it. 
 
Haneul turned away, "I like you so much I felt like dying." 
 
Jaejin stood rooted to the ground. Was she for real? Haneul walked away without saying anything else. She didn't mean it. Or did she? She only said that to shut him up but somehow, her heart beats faster than usual. *I don't like Jaejin. He is just a jerk. He is just a friend. I don't like him.* Haneul chanted in her mind.
 
Jaejin could only stared at Haneul disappearing into the dark. He couldn't say anything else. He could only take deep breaths. But deep inside, after bumping into her, after dancing with her, he felt all tingly. 
 
"I like you...too."