Goodbye

Kwon Haneul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qQBoPAS5IA&feature=related

--------------------

The next day, you waited for Jonghun to leave the dorm before you. Jaejoong waited below for you. You carried your luggages and glanced back at the sight of the navy blue dorm. *I'll miss this place.* You sigh and shut the door. You dragged your luggage lazily to the first floor where Jaejoong stood, leaning against his car. He approached you and grabbed your luggage.

"Ready?" He asked.

You bit your lower lip, "Can I visit the school first?"

Jaejoong stared at you, "With no wig and that dress and your ugly cloak?" You made a face. He chuckled and ruffled your hair, "You're still pretty. Sure, hop in."

You got into the seat next to him. He turned to you, "Why would you want to go back to school though?" You took a deep breath, "There's something I should give to my friends." Jaejoong didn't questioned who and nodded.

He pulled up in front of the foyer. Before you could get off, Jaejoong grabbed your hands. "Whatever they say, you know it's for the best." You gave him a soft smile and got off the car. Students greeted you with stares and cat-calls.

"Woah, who's that chicka!" Hongki howled. Jaejin looked up and did a double take. *Haneul?* You walked past the stares and went up to the 3rd floor where the senior classes were. You walked down the hallway full of tall beings, scanning every corner for Jonghun. *Jesus, where are you, Choi Jonghun.*

You pulled one of the student who is Jonghun's friend, "Have you seen Jonghun?" He didn't say anything, instead he pointed towards the stairs that led to the rooftop. You flashed him a grateful smile, "Thanks." You ran up quickly and opened the door.

-----------

Jaejin ran up to the 3rd floor where you went. Seniors growled at him. "Go back to the 2nd floor. You have no rights to be here!" Jonghun's friend scowled.

Jaejin ignored every single one of them and searched the whole hallway for you. While searching, he accidentally bumped into Kyujin. "What the hell!" He glared. Jaejin ducked his head, "S..S..Sorry."

"What are you doing in the Seniors Level, minor?" Kyujin looked down on him. "I..I..I was looking for a girl." Jaejin stammered. "Jeez, hitting on Jonghun's girl aye?"

Jaejin looked up at him, "What?" Kyujin smirked, "You're looking for Jonghun's girl." "What do you mean by 'Jonghun's girl'? She's nobody's." Jaejin furrowed his eyebrows.

"What, you're mad at a senior now? If she's nobody's, why the hell did she came looking for Jonghun, ." Kyujin eyed him with an evil smile.

Jaejin clenched his fist, "I am not a . You are."

--------------

"Jonghun oppa!" You burst into the rooftop. Jonghun turned his head towards you. You straightened yourself and walked towards him. "Can I sit next to you?" You asked politely.

He patted the space next to him, "Here." You sat down and fiddled with your fingers. No one was talking. It was just birds chirping and wind blowing.

"Look." You and Jonghun said in unison.

"I have something to say." You and Jonghun said in unison again.

"You first."

"No, you." Jonghun offered.

You took a deep breath, "I'm leaving." Jonghun's heart stopped for a second. "That's all you've gotta say? You're leaving?" You turned to him, "What do you mean?"

Jonghun stood up, "I want an answer. An answer to yesterday. And besides, you said you won't leave." You glared at him, "I did not said I won't leave."

"Yes you did."

Furious, you stood up. "You want an answer? Fine. I don't fall for guys who uses violence as an answer to everything. I don't fall for guys who rush things. I don't."

"So, Jaejin is opposite of me?" Jonghun said loud enough for you to hear.

You whirled around, "Jaejin has nothing to do with this!" You said, heightening your voice.

"Well obviously he does, because that loser is my rival." Jonghun snapped.

"Rival of what?" You asked almost shouting.

"EVERYTHING!" Jonghun yelled. You jumped at his voice. He had never shouted at you before. "Everything," He repeated with a softer voice.

You turned to go but Jonghun held back your arm. "I can explain." You took a breather and turned to him. "Fine. Go on."

-----------------

Jaejin washed his hands that was covered in blood. When he came out, he saw you walking down from the rooftop. "Haneul.." He called.

Obviously you were in your own little world. Your head is filled with whatever Jonghun told you about Jaejin.

"Haneul!" You heard a voice calling you. You looked up and saw Jaejin smiling at you. Then, Jonghun's voice popped into your head.

"It's not that I don't like him. I just hate seeing him around you." Jonghun sat next to you, holding your hand. You withdrew back your hand, "And why is that?"

"I am afraid. I am afraid that he will take the last person I can count on." Jonghun's voice shook. You looked at him.

"What are you saying? I don't understand."

"Well you see, Jaejin is the son of someone I have hated since forever, probably after his parents killed my dad and made my mum into a e. He took my family away, indirectly."

You stared at him. None of these can be true. Jaejin is innocent. Yes he may be a jerk, but he is really kind to you. "Jaejin is not like that."

Jonghun sighed, "I know it's hard to believe. But before you transferred here, I confronted him, telling him off because I got insulted due to my mum's reputation and he punched me."

You trembled, "Stop."

"I want to protect someone for once. I want to protect you."

"Hey, Haneul~" Jaejin waved his hand in front of your face. You took a step back, "Oh hey Jae."

"I heard you're leaving today." You nodded, not knowing what else to say.

Without warning, Jaejin leaned closer to you and planted a kiss on your cheek. Your eyes widened. Your cheeks turned pink. Jaejin stepped back and ruffled your hair, "Have a safe trip and just so you know..."

You blinked, still in shock.

"...I like you too." Jaejin winked before walking away.