Less than Strangers.

Kwon Haneul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnYtHmwz12I&feature=related

----------------------

The next morning, you clutched your books close to your chest, waiting for the most important 2 people in your life after your family that is. However, it has been 45 minutes since you waited for them. You glanced at your wrist watch every 5 minutes and paced back and forth in front of the gate. *Where are you guys?*

The bell rang and you took one last glance behind you. No one. You sighed and walked into the gates. A black motorbike went past you and the motorist took off his helmet. Jonghun turned back and smiled at you. You forced a smile and then it faded away. Jonghun knew something was not right. He parked his bike and walked over to you, "Hey are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Let's go to homeroom." You s your arm around his.

"Since when were we so touchy?" Jonghun teased.

You furrowed your eyebrows, "I thought you asked me out." He chuckled and kissed your forehead, "Of course I did."

You walked to the foyer with Jonghun beside you. Jonghun met up with his buddies while you scan the foyer to find Hana and Minhwan. And there they were. Happily chatting and laughing away with your classmates. *They arrived first? But I didn't see them!* Hana and Minhwan met eyes with you and their expressions changed. It turned into a angry, mad, dull expression and you didn't like that. You tried to smile at them, but they turned their attention back to your classmates.

Your shoulders deflated and you looked down. You tugged onto Jonghun's uniform, "Can we go to homeroom now?" You whimpered.

"What's wrong?"

"I just don't like it here." Your voice trembled.

Jonghun said his final words to his friends before pulling you to the classroom. No one was in yet. It was still early for homeroom. But you wanted silence. And peace. Jonghun sat next to you, waiting for you to say a word. None. You didn't utter a single word and it made him worry. All you could do is to hold onto his hand tightly, stare at your desk and holding back your tears. The bell rang for the second time and students streamed into the classroom. You looked up and met eyes with Hana who past by you without a greeting. Minhwan looked at you coldly and brushed past Jonghun.

Jonghun didn't like how Hana and Minhwan treated you. "Why are they acting like, pardon my language but, they're acting like some ed up ."

You cringed at his description. You didn't like it but it was somewhat true, "I don't know. I really don't."

Lessons started as per usual. You excused yourself to the lockers to grab your notebook. You punched in your passcode and a letter fell when you open it up. You picked it up and unfold it.

Um, hey. Hana and Minhwan wrote this.
So, miss Kwon Haneul who is brave enough to choose an outsider over her bestfriends. We just wanted to say that our friendship is over. It's not the first time Haneul. I, Hana and Minhwan will still remain bestfriends. We won't accept you back until you changed that stinky attitude of yours. Sorry we sounded harsh. But we're telling the truth.

Your hand shook badly. The letter slipped out of your hands. Your legs felt weak. *Is this why they wouldn't talk to me?* You slide your back against the locker and hugged your knees closely to your chest. You buried your face in between your chest and knees and let your hot tears drop onto your skirt.

Jonghun tapped his fingers nervously on his desk. You've been gone for more than 15 minutes. He shot his hands up, "Prof Kim."

She turned to him, "Yes, Mr Choi?"

Everyone's eyes landed on him. "M-May I check on Haneul?" He asked nervously.

"Oh. Yes, please do. I'm afraid she fell or fainted. Go ahead," Prof Kim nodded towards the door.

Jonghun sprinted out the classroom to the hallway. There, he saw you, trembling in fear. He slowly approached you and pulled you to his shoulder. "Shh..."

Just by hearing his voice makes you feel loved. You wrapped your arms around his waist and buried your face into his shoulder. *Jonghun, you're the only person I can lean on.*