The Truth.

Kwon Haneul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZs86h2h4-A

--------------

Jaejoong sat next to Haneul on the bleachers at an open field. None of them spoke a word ever since. Haneul tugge a strand of hair to the back of her ear. Jaejoong sighed. Haneul shut her eyes, knowing she is in deep trouble. "You're a girl.." Jaejoong mumbled. Haneul looked down. "..Unbelievable."

"Professor Kim I can explain." Haneul turned to him. Jaejoong met her eyes, "Really?" Haneul nodded. "I'm pretending to be a guy because I'm finding my brother." Jaejoong tilted his head a little. "To find your brother?" Haneul nodded again. "He gave me this necklace." She held onto her necklace. "I've never seen him since young. Our parents divorced, and I was only 2 when he left with my dad."

Jaejoong was in a daze. "I was only 2 when he left with my dad."

Mrs Kwon held onto her dear husband's arm begging him not to take her son with him.

"Please, I'll do anything. Just don't separate the siblings together." She begged and wailed. But that didn't help. Mr Kwon slapped her face for the umpteenth time. "If only you hadn't cheated on me, none of this would happen!"

The 2 year old girl gripped onto the boy's sleeve. "Oppa, are you really going to leave us?" She sobbed. The boy turned to her and kissed her forehead, "Haneul, we will meet again, one day." Haneul looked up at him with puppy eyes. He pulled out a starwings necklace and put it around her neck.

"This necklace is our promise that we will meet one day. You will wear it forever right?" He asked. Haneul nodded. He pulled out the exact same necklace from under his shirt, "I have the same one too." Mr Kwon grabbed his son's arm and yanked him up. Haneul reached out for him, "Oppa!"

Mrs Kwon hugged onto the boy. "Jaejoong-ah, tell your dad you don't want to leave umma and Haneul alone." She wailed. Mr Kwon pushed her away and pulled the boy out of the house with his luggage. Jaejoong took a last glance at Haneul who hold onto the necklace, crying.

"Professor Kim?" Haneul called, waving her hand infront of him. Jaejoong snapped back to reality. "Y-Yes?" Haneul searched his eyes, "I was wondering, how did you have the exact same necklace."

Jaejoong blinked. "It's mine." Haneul's stared at him, eyes widened. *It can't be.* Jaejoong looked away. "I was that boy who left with his dad." Haneul stood up. "I-It's you?" Jaejoong looked up at her, "Hyu-" "Haneul. My name is Haneul." Haneul snapped.

"Haneul, you've found your brother." Those words struck her like a lightning.

"You've found your brother."

"You've found your brother."

"Oppa..." She managed to call out. Jaejoong stood up and pulled her into his embrace. Haneul sobbed into his broad shoulder. "I've found... My brother." Haneul wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him tighter. It felt weird at first, but soon she felt warm. Jaejoong her hair. *I've found my little sister.*

Haneul shut her eyes *Haraboji, Halmoni, I've found my brother. The brother you asked me to search for after years.*

--------------

Jaejoong pulled up infront of the apartment. Haneul unbuckled the seat belt and turned to him, "Do you want to come in?" Jaejoong shook his head, "I'll be fine. You have a good rest." Haneul nodded and got off.

"Haneul.." He called. Haneul turned and the windows rolled down. "Can you do me a favour?" Haneul blinked at his question. Jaejoong took a deep breath, "Leave the school premises now that you've found me." Haneul stared at him. *No way, I can't leave the school...*

"Goodnight." Jaejoong smiled and drove off. Haneul watched as the car disappeared into the darkness.

"Leave the school premises now that you've found me"

Haneul grew dizzy and headed indoors with those words ringing in her mind.