Masquerade pt 2.

Kwon Haneul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLAzy1d0QWI

---------

Haneul exited the ballroom through the backdoor. A garden that is twice bigger than her Halmoni's apartment was decorated with bright lights and small candles lit up by the side of the pavements. A small koi pond that lit up in pale blue color shone brightly. She sat down on the boulder by the pond and admired the swimming fishes.

*What am I doing here..* Haneul stared at the pale blue lights. "I see you're deep in thoughts." A shadow hovered above her. Haneul turned and looked up at the guy in a white suit.

"Oh, hey." Haneul said in an audible whisper. Jaejin smiled, "Hi~ You're out alone." Haneul bit her lower lip and nodded. A cold gust of wind blew past them. Haneul rubbed her arms. Jaejin his coat and took it off, placing it over Haneul's shoulder. "Thanks." Haneul flashed a brief smile.

Jaejin sat next to her, "If you're thankful, do me a favor." Haneul turned to him and blinked. He held out his palm. "Dance with me." Haneul stared at his hand. Jaejin waited patiently. Haneul took a deep breath before placing her hand on top of his. Jaejin stood up and led her to the dimly lit white gazebo.

"There's no music." Haneul looked around. Jaejin wagged his finger. "There is." 2 females with a violin and a harp together with a male on a viola sat on the mini stage and played a soothing classic music. Jaejin bowed. "May we have this dance?" Haneul giggled, unknowingly. She, too, bowed. "Of course."

Jaejin placed his hand on her waist and held onto her right hand. Haneul rested her left hand on Jaejin's shoulder. The both of them slowly moved to the classic music. Jaejin stared deeply into her eyes, "That eyes look familiar. Have we met?" Haneul was taken aback by his question and almost slipped. Luckily Jaejin grabbed her waist just in time.

"N-No!" Haneul blurted. Jaejin tilted his head and chuckled. He helped her up and continued dancing. Haneul turned beet red *Damn, that was embarrassing.*

Jonghun watched the two having their own fun time together from the window. He clenched his fist tightly and gritted his teeth. Hana smiled at the sight of her best friend dancing with an unknown guy. Minhwan's heart fell. He felt a little troubled because his crush was dancing with another guy, and it's not him.

The music finally stopped. Jaejin and Haneul parted from each other and bowed. The music trio went back into the ballroom, leaving the two of them to have their own space. Jaejin plucked a white rose from the gazebo and knelt down, handing the rose to Haneul. She giggled and took it. "You don't have to bow."

Jaejin stood up and smiled. "Ready?" Haneul looked at him, "What do you mean?" Jaejin finally took off his mask and searched her widened eyes. "Why don't you reveal yourself too?" He reached out for her mask when her phone's alarm went off. Haneul looked down, "Not now~" she whined.

"Why? Do you have to go?" Jaejin asked. Haneul bit her lower lip and looked up at him, "I'm sorry. Duty calls. See you whenever." Haneul carried her dress and ran away from him. Hana took it as a cue to leave as well and pulled Minhwan.

Jonghun was already on his way to the dorm when there's a traffic jam. Haneul got into a cab with Hana and Minhwan. "FNC Boys Dorm please." Minhwan told the driver.

Jonghun groaned, frustrated. *How the hell could Jaejin dance with that girl. I was about to hit her man!* Meanwhile, Haneul told the driver to stop at a public restroom to change. She quickly wiped off the make up and bandaged her torso, putting on a male's tee and jeans with her wig neatly in place.

The traffic began to move slowly. Haneul bit her nails nervously. "Forget it, I'm going to make a run!" Haneul yanked open the door and ran. Jonghun's eyes followed the male in front of his cab and straightened up. *Is that.. Hyunsu?*

-------------------

Haneul finally reached the lift and panted, beads of sweat drip from her chin. *I made it....* She pressed the up button thinking she was on time. When the door finally opened, a tall figure leaning against the wall with his hands in his pockets, staring at the ground.

*!* Haneul bit her lips. Jonghun looked up, "You're late." Haneul's eye widened. "Uh, I.. Was.. Um... Busy." Jonghun hold onto the open button and waited for Haneul to step in. "You didn't answer my calls as well." He eyed her.

Haneul panicked. *OH MY GOD, MY PHONE. WHERE DID I PLACE IT?!* She patted all her pockets and checked her ankles. Jonghun raised an eyebrow, "What are you doing?" "Finding my phone." Haneul digged her pockets.

Meanwhile Jaejin was busy inspecting the phone. He tried unlocking it but couldn't because of the password. It was a wallpaper of a little girl with a starwings necklace smiling brightly showing off her white pearlie teeth with a fair guy hoding up a 'v' sign. *Who is that girl...*

Haneul slammed herself onto the couch, totally given up on finding her phone. "I'm doomed. I'm more than doomed!" She's been wailing for the past 20 minutes. Jonghun took of his coat and threw it over Haneul's face. "Dude, shut up. You misplaced your phone isn't it?"

*More like I dropped it at the stupid ball..* Haneul shot him a pleading look, "Do you have a spare phone?" Jonghun cofed "And if I do have one, I won't lend it to you." He headed to his room with a can of coke in his hands. Haneul pouted *Meanie.*