Enchanted

Our Bittersweet Marriage

"Where's ______?"

"She's with the caregiver Mrs.Nam" says the maid,politely bowing to the lady of the house."Where did she goes this early morning?" Your mother is getting mad at you for dissapearing like this, you have been doing nothing but making her worried all the time. You don't want to eat unless your father force you to, you're not saying anything,staring blankly out the window everyday.

You play with the loose knot of your shirt,curling it around your finger. "Miss Nam, we need to head home by this time or your mother might get mad" You shake your head."It's stuffy at home,give me 10 minutes more" you can walk on your own using crutches but you will never be alone. Yesterday, policemen came to your house to inform you that those robbers are already caught and currently behind bars. You hold no grudge against the but you neve want to see them again.Your father has 2 bodyguards with you all the time,your parents are far more traumatised than you.

Just then,your eyes land on a mother and her baby,walking to the playground.There are about 5 houses here on this hill so, it's hard to see people walking around as all of the houses are vacation house.You approach the woman who's sitting on the bench across you,holding her baby.Your caregiver quickly hold your other arm to help you eventhough you don't need it. 

"You have a pretty baby" 

"Thank you,I've never seen you before. You're new here?" asks the woman who seems older than you."Have a seat" she pats the empty space beside her eyeing your caregiver."You're injured"

"Nothing big actually,she's my caregiver Mrs.Cha.She has been helpful" you touch the baby's chubby cheek."How many months?"

"10, by the way,my name is Na Doyeon.I live in the house behind there, there's a dog house at the front yard.You won't miss it"

"I'm Nam _______,just here for a few weeks" You keep looking at the baby,tilting your head.If Haneul makes it alive, you will be holding her like this,tightly,in your arms."Can I hold her?" 

"Sure,her name is Areum" she hands the baby to you,you carefully holds her in your arms.Your vision start to turn blurry as the tears is welling up."She's...beautiful"

"You think so too? People said the mother always think that their baby is pretty but, Areum is really pretty isn't she?"

"Yes...just like her name" You caress her innocent face,her eyes are sparkling. You feel her hand,grabbing your finger."She trusts you,that's why she holds your finger" says Doyeon with a smile.

 "________! _______!" 

"Omma" you watch your mother walking towards you,clearly she's not in the state to say she's not dragging you back home.Surprisingly,Doyeon immediately get on her shoes when she saw your mother.You're puzzled by her action."President Nam,how have you been?"

"You have met my daughter, is this your child?" asks your mother,the elegant woman in her late 50's."Yes,your daughter seems to like children very much"

You lower your head,handing Areum back to her mother.You politely bow to Doyeon."Thank you Mrs.Na.I have to go" Your caregiver quickly helps you to walk in the car,it's not that far from the house but, your mother never walk   to somewhere more than 2 minutes far.You roll your eyes when Butler Seo puts his coat on you."How can you go out with a leg like that?"

"I was just trying to get out from  the house.No matter where I go, there are eyes all over me" You blow air to your bangs,leaning your back against the leather seat."Appa...knew about me and Changmin"

"Mrs.Nam is coming" he warns you.You put your earphones on,trying to avoid any conversation.You close your eyes when your mother comes in,sitting next to you."If you want to take a walk,can't you tell me first?"

You ignore her,looking out the window. "I'm talking to you young lady" She pull your earphone,patting your shoulder."Sweetie,don't make omma mad at you"

"I'm sorry" you cover your face with your palm.

 

Changmin is trying his best to give the best poses for their album jacket and photobook. He smiles when they ask him to,striking y poses when he needs to. Just like a puppet,he has no feelings at the moment.He's lost in thoughts.

"10 minutes rest!"

The coordinator nuna rushes towards him,taking off his trench coat.Fixing his make ups.He reaches for his cellphone in the manager's bag,checking for any calls or messages.There's a voicemail from the one he's expecting.

Honey,I can't take this anymore.Meet me at Crown Hotel,I'll text you the room number when I got there

He hadn't talk to you for the past few days.Even a text message is so risky and now,meeting in a suite.That's far too dangerous,what was you thinking? "How many pictures more?"

"Your part is done Changmin-ssi"

"Noona,I'll be going now.There's an emergency.Tell the members I won't be home till tomorrow" he grabs his bagpack and trench coat running to the changing room.

 

You're tying your shoelace,the maids are kneeling next to you.They want to do it but you're too stubborn to let them to.Your hands are fine so,why should you need help? Butler Seo told your mother that he will be taking you to stay in a hotel for one night and he will take you around as you said you're tired of this house. If this will make you smile again other than letting you be with Changmin.Your mother can't help but to agree without your father's permission.

"Come home safe sweetie" she hugs you tightly,you return her warm hug.You peck her cheek."I'll be safe omma.Tell appa not to worry.I'm all grown up"

"Butler Seo,please take good care of her"

"I will Mrs.Nam. Let's go" he carries your bagpack with you. Your mother sends you to the front porch,watching you getting in the car. You ride on the front seat with Butler Seo driving.You wave your hand at your mother with bitter smile on your lips."Omma! Bye bye!"

 

You take the key to the VIP suite,this Hotel belongs to one of your shareholders. He offers you the best suite they have got.Butler Seo will be staying in the room next to yours.You texted Changmin the number,waiting for his reply.Slowly,you drift to sleep.

Butler Seo went to greet Changmin at the lobby,he brings him up to your room.Butler Seo hands Changmin his spare key to your room as he's worried something might happen to you but with Changmin's here, it will be alot safer for you.They talked about how you were doing at home,about you throwing a tantrum and avoiding your parents.Changmin is unhappy to hear that,he wants you to treat your parents well no matter how mad you are towards them.

He inserts the gold card to hear it clicks.He pushes the door open revealing a woman,curling on the huge bed with her eyes close.He climbs on the bed,tugging the strand of your hair behind your ear."I miss you" he whispers.You move a bit but not waking up.He decides to take a shower as he's sweating despite the cold wheather for running here and there to change for his next outfit during the photoshoot.

You move to your right side not realising that your left leg is still in the cement,you groan in pain as it hits the bed frame."Ouch!" You take a look to see it's fine.Your eyes roam around to see there's gray turtle neck shirt,checkered mufflers and black trench coat hanging on the sofa."Honey!" you squel,getting all excited.

Changmin has just done with his shower,he wears his boxer,wiping his upper body.He's humming to a song while stepping out from the bathroom. "You're awake?" You eagerly nod,yawning. "Still sleepy?"

"Not really" you tilt your head looking at him searching for t-shirt in his bagpack. "Darling, since when can you watch me get change?"

"Since you start not wearing anything to cover up there.I'm used to it" you stick your tongue out to him.He chuckles,ruffling your hair. "When is the last time you get a haircut Mrs.Shim?"

"Can't remember.Is it too long? You don't like it?" He sits beside you on the bed,running his fingers through your bed hair,all messy."Cut it, you look uncomfortable"

Not wanting to lose,you point to his chin. "When is the last time you shave Mr.Shim? You're growing moustache" He raises an eyebrow."Really?" he snatches your arms,pulling you backward.Both of you are lying down together for you can't remember when the last time is.He turns to face you."How have you been Mrs.Shim?"

"Fine,just a bit moody all the time"

"I hate the fact that you're being a brat towards your parents."

"But-"

"Darling...don't skip your meal.Eat when they ask you to,tell them where you're going beforehand. Listen to them well,don't always break the rules.Got it?" he press the tip of your nose with his index finger before giving you a soft kiss on your forehead."Yes...I won't do it next time"

"That's my wife" he wraps his arms around you.You feel save in his embrace,you always are. "Honey... I think my parents know about us still loving each other and not giving up on this marriage"

"What makes you say so?"

"I just know it" you pout,resting your forehead against his.His face is so close to you that you can hear him breathing. "Can you take me to our daughter? I want to see her grave"

"Tomorrow,it's late now" he keeps on caressing your face. You point to your left leg. "Next week,I'll get it off.It's uncomfortable and slows my movement." 

"Good for you" he keeps on touching your skin making you burst out laughter."You're being weird.Did my skin turns blue?" He laughs,leaning his head backward. You place your palm on his abdomen when he suddenly turns his head at you. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing,why are you being sensitive?"

"Darling,you better don't"

"Why?" you lift his shirt up,looking at his well toned body.It's winter,why is he working out so bad? "Darling,I'm warning you.Don't go any further"

You make a circle on his abs when he shut his eyes tight,biting his lips."What's wrong with you honey?"

"Darling, I-I'm a man.A healthy man and you,you, touch,touching me.A-After weeks,it's....tempting"

You laugh out loud clenching your stomach understanding his condition right now."Darling! You should be grateful that your husband is normal" You look at him sharply in his eyes,making him swallow his saliva hard.You close your eyes,leaning closer to him giving him a smooch on his lips.You can see he's holding himself right now as he keeps on looking away,biting his lips.

"Honey,what are the rules that the lawyer told us?" you rest your chin on his chest waiting for his answer."Not to live under the same roof"

"and what are we doing right now?"

"We're in a hotel suite,under the same roof"

"We break that rule,the second one?" you find it funny that he's looking up,trying to recount it. "Not to have ?"

"We break the first one,why not the second?" Both of you look at each other with lots of meaningful glances."Yes~Why not?" He holds your arms,pushing you to the bed,pinning you down. You touch his chin,looking at his lips.He smiles,leaning closer till his lips land on yours.

 

You wear his shirt which is too big for you,waiting for him at the edge of the bed as he's answering his cellphone.You look out the sliding door,it must be cold outside but the sun is shining brightly.

"Sorry to keep you waiting"

"No worries" you try to stand up,reaching for your crutch when he carries you bridal-style."What were you doing darling? Your knight is here to help you go wherever you want to" You giggle,pushing the bathroom door.He puts you down on the counter,handing you,your toothbrush."Toothpaste"He puts in on the brushes and his too.Both of you look at the mirror as you're brushing your teeth,you keep making weird faces that he chuckles loudly."Spit" You're gurgling your water and spit it out."Done!"

"How do you take your bath with that cast?"

"Put it on the edge of the bath tub" 

"I see" he takes out his shaving cream from his heavy bagpack,you can say everything that he needs is in there."I want to do it!" he hands you the bottle,you spray it on your palm,spreading it on his chin."Like whip cream!"you squel.

"You're acting like a baby" he pinches your cheeks."Kawaii"

"Don't do that!" you take his razor when he grabs your arm,stopping you."It has been awhile since you did it, Mrs.Shim. I'm afraid I might get hurt" You sheepishly rub the back of your neck,giving the razor to him. "Sorry" You keep on swinging your legs back and forth,playing with the water.

"Time for bath you smelly princess" 

Hearing the word 'princess' reminds you of Joongki.Is he doing well now?

"Why should I take a bath with you? Huh?" you cross your arms,raising an eyebrow."So,you can get down from there and walk here?"

"No~" you frown."Why should you be shy? We're husband and wife?" he turns the tap on,looking at you.You nod,reaching your arm out to him."But,honey.Promise me you won't look when I scrub my body"

"Ok darling" he rolls his eyes,this super timid wife of his.

 

When you're having your breakfast hugging his arm, you heard a knock at the door."_______-ssi,_____-ssi. We need to head back home right now...The chairman...he found out!"

Changmin runs to the front door,opening it.Butler Seo looks pale as he's in too much shock,your father must have yelled at him."Butler Seo"

"He has got men coming here to drag you home.We better off now before things got worst" You look at Changmin as he quickly grabs your clothes,tossing it in your bag.You helplessly lean against the wall,watching him."Honey"

"I'm packing your stuff"

"Honey" you call for him with your teary eyes. 

"You have to leave now" he zips your bag,handing it to Butler Seo."I'm sorry" you apalogise,rubbing your thumb on his chin."It's ok,no one to blame here." He helps you to wear your jacket and shoe.Tying the shoelace,checking your clothes,is it warm enough.Satisfied,he taps your shoulder. "Go now cinderella,the magic has gone"

"We'll meet again,Prince Charming" you pull his arm towards you,he hugs you tightly,rubbing your back for comfort."You have my glass shoe.I love you Shim Changmin" you peck his lips.

"I love you more Mrs.Shim" he kisses your forehead,pulling his arm from you."Butler Seo, tell them it's all my fault.Don't let them punish her badly." 

"It's my pleasure for young lady to be safe.Let's go _____-ssi" you slips your arm in his,using your other hand to walk with the crutch.

"I'll go to put on the glass shoe for you"says Changmin with his baritone voice. You keep looking behind to see Changmin standing there waving his hand at you. You can feel salty drops on your lips then,you stop looking back again.Changmin can't see these tears.You have to be strong.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments please,no silent readers ok? It makes me sad....

Cheer me on! Thanks for everything!

Sincerely,me.