Only the sound of wind

Our Bittersweet Marriage

You left early this morning and drive by yourself. Jaejoong is a bit upset that you didn't wake him up to send you or at least inform him that you're okay now. He's worried sick about you and so do the others. There's no one in the office except you, it's 7 in the morning only the guards have arrived.

You drink your milk, eating some cookies that you bought from a cafe near the building. You're still deep in sorrow but you can't hurt your baby who is growing inside your tummy. You look out the window,people are walking to work and some of them walk hand in hand with their partner. Maybe their desyined love and as always, you're green with envy.

"Look at how early you are"

You turn your head to the owner of the voice, it's Joongki wearing a black suit with blue checkered tie."Why are you here?'

"To give you this" he puts a white envelope on your desk. "My wedding invitation.Looks pretty huh? She wants it that way"

"Thanks, I'll go if I can" you clear your throat,opening the envelope. The wedding card is shaped like a tuxedo,simple yet elegant. 

Joongki sighs,taking a seat across you. "But...I don't think I want this..I'm telling you because I trust you ok. I'm planning on running away"

"So?" you put it back in keeping your eyes out the window.

"Want to join me? If you're bored"

You smirk. He pats your shoulder. "I'm kidding... seems like my life is in misery,marrying someone I don't even love.Sounds like drama don't you think?"

"Then you can learn to love other than get hurt by someone you love for your life."

"You don't sound good, you had a fight with him?" he tilts his head to match the corner of your face. Your eyes are puffy and red. "You cried a lot last night? Stupid bastard he is"

"Joongki if you have nothing nice to say,please just leave"

After all of the pain he cause you, you still can't think bad of him. You hate it when they said bad things about him so you left early to avoid the guys who might just be critisizing him and now Joongki is in the troop too. 

He cups your face,looking into your tired eyes. "How can he makes a pretty woman like you cry so hard? You must really..what they call? Love him. Telling you the truth... you're the only woman I brace myself to open my heart to after a complete heartbreak" he peck your cheek. "They said it's easy to win a woman's heart after their heartbreak"

You push his hands from your face. "Well..I'm not that easy"

"Anyway, take this" he places a big brown paper bag on your desk. " My mom said woman looks their best when they're pregnant.I got you this as my blessing,hope things work out for the both of you"

You look into it to see a white floral dress for pregnant mom. You touch the fabric which is normal for a fashion designer to do. "It's...beautiful"

"Guess I cheer you up, don't cry baby's mommy or the baby might cry too.Well..just bluffing" 

You bury your face in your palms,massagin your temple. "Joongki-ssi.... when a guy cheat,what does that mean?"

"Maybe he got bored or his needs are not being fullfill, why? That irresponsible guy cheat on you? Did he slept with other woman?" the tone of his voice sounds so stable and not shock like the other guys. You know how much they hate each other,Joongki and Changmin.

"If so...can you tell me what's lacking in me?"

He looks at your face then to your body,he shrugges. "I can't find an error on you. Look, ask him,maybe he has the answer and don't ask me anything when I land my fist on him,got that?"

He sounds more like a friend now than a flirty guy he used to maybe because he's getting married. "You're looking very happy, must have been because of the gorgeous bride of yours?"

"Told you I'm running away, it's just nice to see you. How did you know he's cheating on you? sometimes ladies just being overreactive." Joongki is drumming his fingers on the desk and it brings you to Changmin who keeps drumming his on the bed when he's waiting for you. "Is everything alright? You look..gloomy"

"It's ok, go to work now Joongki-ssi. It's nearly 8"

He ruffles your hair, smiling at you. "Hope everything's fine, I'll go book my airplane ticket. Come to the wedding if you want to see a show" he winks,closing the door behind him.

You don't know if he's joking or he's really planning on running away. You don't think he's being serious of what you said earlier,something else must be bothering him. 

 

Changmin spreads his arm wide,massaging the back of his neck. His body feels stiff and uneasy. It hits him that how much your back must be aching having a baby in your womb. He calls for a hotel service ordering something hot for breakfast. He reaches over his cellphone turning it back on and your texts and 20 missed calls brings him to tears.

From: Darling~

Pick me up at the airport tomorrow afternoon

(picture of you with milk moustache) ' I drank my mommy milk, will be back tomorrow night. Sleep tight, me and our baby say we love you'

Where are you? I'm waiting...

He caresses your face on the screen, you're smiling brightly and he makes you cry yesterday.How can he wipes off the cute smile of his love one? It's all because of the one night stand incident. He realised how stupid he is to be drown in Anna's touch. Pleasure yet poison. He falls in her trap and he has no way back.

He didn't think he should seek for your forgiveness after what he did. He's a father now but all he did was something that not a sane man will do. If he really loves her,he should be more careful not to hurt her.

"Darling..... I'm sorry" and he burst out tears, sobbing on the bed,alone.No more warm arms comforting him, no more sweet scent of his wife lingering around him and worst of all,no more smiles to cheer him up. He breaks everything by himself and he knows,he has to pay for his sin.

 

Jaejoong and Yunho wait for you at the parking lot infront of your office. They texted you telling you to come down as quick as you can as Yunho is starving.They plan on eating out with you.Yoochun,Junsu and Mason have arrived at the restaurant and order food for dinner.

You fix your hair,hugging your files,walking to the parking lot. There you saw two tall guys leaning on a white auldey looking like a model posing for a car CF. Yunho offers you a hand while Jaejoong ushers you to the back seat.

"I can drive my own, I can't leave my car here" Your yellow Ferrari Italia is at the indoor parking lot. 

"We'll drive you to work tomorrow then you can go home with your car,how's that?" 

You nod,walking in. Jaejoong keeps talking about his new recipe while Yunho is getting bored so he turns on the volume louder.'Growl' by EXO fills the car. You smile looking at them, they do quarrel over their different personalities sometimes but then they make up again. They have a strong bond in their friendship so..Changmin will be back again,isn't he?"

You caress your bump. "I'm excited for the ultrasound, I want to hear the heartbeat"

"When is it? Your next check up?" asks Jaejoong keep flicking Yunho's arm.

"Tomorrow and Changmin promised to come with me" you casually mention him out loud while checking your inbox.

Yunho clears his throat. "I can come with you if you want and Jaejoong too, right Jae?"

"S-Sure"

You look at the both of them. "It's in the morning at 10 Changmin can-" You cut your words till there when you're concious of what you just said.You lower your head,leaning backward."I'm always alone before, I'm used to it.You don't have to trouble yourselves"

Yunho and Jaejoong look at each other for a moment before turning their head back to the front. Luckily, they have arrived at the restaurant.Junsu is standing at the entrance with mufflers covering his mouth, he must be freezing cold.

 

There's no dinner for Changmin,he ignores all of Anna's calls. He's not in the mood to eat and his eyes hurt so much for crying. He lies down on the bed, looking up the white ceiling. He's staying in hotel facing the head department of 'Fashionable Style'.If he can't be with you, seeing you everyday will be enough. He looked out the window at 8p.m. expecting you and there you are getting in Yunho's car. 

He's wondering what he should do? Can he solves these mess and get back to you? What if all of those time he had with you before are just dreams, when he finally open his eyes. It was just a sweet night play. 

Tomorrow is Wednesday and he remembers promising you that he will come with you for the first time ever to his child's check up. He's wondering if he should go or just stay further away. 

 

Mason asks you to help him with his homework tonight, Yoochun wants to do it instead but Mason insists for you. You go in your room to take a warm bath. You open the toilet cabinet to see his shaving cream, his band-aid,his facial wash and his toothbrush. You immediately close it after taking out the toothpaste.

You're drying your hair looking at the mirror of the dresser. His masculine smell of perfume is illuminating the room, the room you shared with him. You apply some lotion on your skin, you can't avoid your eyes from his stuff. His Hugo Boss perfume, his skin care products and his favourite wrist watch,handmade. You pick up the watch walking in the closet. The place you want to avoid the most, his clothes are hanging like always, his shades,his other accessories. You pull the transparent drawer where his watches and yours are displayed proudly, you place his favourite watch in there and push it back in.

You feel stuffy in this walk in closet, it's so full of his stuff. You can't turn your eyes away without looking at them. The snacks that he hides in the empty space at the corner from you. He hates sharing his food so you won't come in here when he's using it as he might be eating those secretly and put all of those wrappers in his bagpack. You have always know about it but, you keep it a secret. You used to laugh looking at those but now...it only brings tears.

 

You close the door behind you,climbing up the spiral stairs to the 3rd floor and head to Mason's room.He's lying down on his bed,studying his english words for tomorrow's test. You smile at the small figure wearing Batman's pyjama.

"You finished your homework?"

"Omma,you're late. I did it all with Uncle Jaejoong"

You his dark hair,he's pouting probably mad at you for being late. You pinch his cheek. "You're mad at omma? I'm sorry ok, forgive me"

He peck your cheek,hugging you. "I love you omma and my little brother? sister?"

"You want to touch it?" you ask the excited looking boy, he nods eagerly. You place his small palm on your bump. "Talk to the baby sweetie"

"Really? But baby don't talk" he scratches his hair thinking of the possibility.You giggle at his curiousity. "Yes baby don't talk in the womb but they kick"

"Omma must be hurt then" he gasp in shock.You shake your head."Baby don't hurt omma that much, just a small kick"

Mason pats on your bump. "Baby? It's me, your brother Park Mason" he introduce himself."Omma said you can kick? Can you do it?"

You feel the fetus is moving."Mason,it's kicking here,here" you point to the right side,placing Mason's palm. "Omma I can feel it!" he shouts in excitement."Baby is kicking!"

"Told you" you smile looking at him placing his ear on your bump. "Omma,can baby listen to us talking?"

"Why?"

"I want to sing a lullaby for baby"

"Go ahead"

Mason is singing softly almost like whispering. You know this song, it sounds so familiar. It's...it's.... Confession a song that Changmin wrote for you,the one that he used to sing for you. Your eyes well up, you miss him.You're yearning for him.

"Mason,where did you heard that song?"

"Uncle Changmin, he sings it when he's in the music room all the time. I love to hide in there when appa force me to eat my vitamins" he gets to his sitting position. "Time to sleep now omma, it's 11.Baby,sleep too" He softly press his lips on your bump.

You turn the bedside lamp off, you watch the little boy climbing up a small chair to turn the lights off. He climbs up the bed next to you. He wraps his short arms around your waist,leaning his head on your chest. "Good night omma,I love you"

You kiss the top of his head. "I love you too Mason"

Your tears fall down your cheeks.You realised no matter how you try to avoid from feeling his existence, you just can't run. He's always there,maybe not in his real shape but people around him,his scent,his stuffs and memories of him. You hug Mason, trying your best not to sob or you might wake him up.

Mason knows you're crying and he knows about his Uncle Changmin. Yoochun told him not to mention Changmin to you but he can't lie.You ask him about the song he sings and he's just telling you the truth. He feels bad about it but he quietly closes his eyes,pretending to be sleeping. Maybe omma don't want to be disturb right now.

********************************************************************************************

Thanx for all the subs and comments

Comment in the box below ok?