Separate ways

Our Bittersweet Marriage

Your mom said that she wants to have a talk with you after everyone go home so now you're sitting across her in the garden.It's already night,the stars are sparkling brightly. You feel wakward so you keep sipping your tea while your mom,stares at you.

"How can you not know you're pregnant earlier? You must have bee really busy with your work to even care about yourself."

You sheepishly rubs the back of your neck,smiling."Maybe,I just want to do a good job so...I overwork myself" Your mother shakes her head in disbelieve."After you're 5 months,no more working.Stay home and if you really are workaholic,do it here in this mansion.Changmin will think the same too"

"Omma, you can't say that you're pulling Changmin on your side"

"He's a nice man but...when is he going to anounce your marriage? I'm not trying to put a pressure on you or him but,sweetie..Think about it,try to talk to him"You nod having mix feelings.Changmin got a bit mad when you talk it over with him the last time. It's really a pain in the head but what your mother said is true.How long can you hide the fact that he's your husband.

"By the way, when are you coming home? Don't you miss your room? You love staying there with all your sewing stuffs.Butler Seo? Don't you miss him? You're like a daughter to him.Come home.The maids and butlers miss you.You spend your life with them more than you do with me and your father.You might want to forget the past but, come home.We're waiting for you"

Your mother grasp your hand, you can tell tht she's really sincere with every words she said.You're dying to go home but,you have your own reson to avoid that place.You're afraid that those inner scars will starts to bleed again and all these happiness are just dreams.

"Give me some time omma,I'll think about it"

"Me and your father are going back to the US tomorrow,you don't have to bother to send us to the airport if you're not coming"

 

Changmin is lying on the bed,reading a book when the door swings open."Darling?" to his surprise a little boy in Keroro pyjama walks in with a storybook on his hand.

"Good night Uncle Changmin,is omma here?" asks Mason rubbing his eyes looking sleepy.Changmin closes his book,walking towards your small sweetheart."No, your omma is in the garden.Why?"

"Then, can Uncle Changmin read this to me? I can't fall asleep,the big eyes monster that Uncle Junsu said might come out from my closet when I can't sleep" Changmin chuckles at this child innocent thoughts."You trust Uncle Junsu? You shouldn't be.Jump up the bed,Uncle will read this for you"

Mason takes off his flippers,lying on the huge bed,Changmin lies down next to him. Mason hands the book to his scary uncle.

"Uncle Changmin,I'm sorry for disturbing you.Appa fall asleep earlier,Uncle Junsu...he's mad at me for taking his lollipop.Uncle Jaejoong and Uncle Yunho is playing video games in Uncle Jaejoong's room so..I look for omma"

Changmin ruffles Mason's hair,opening the book. "In the woods lives a baby bear,mama bear and......" Changmin continues to read the hardcover story book while Mason's eyelids starting to drop.After a few minutes, he finished the whole story.He looks at Mason who turns his body towards him,burying his small face in Changmin's chest."Uncle Changmin...thank you"Smile curl on his lips,how can this little boy's words making him so happy. Changmin awkwardly trying to wrap his arms around the petit figure.

You walk in your bedroom after a long talk with your mom,dim lights are illuminating the room. You put on some lotion on your body before walking to the bed.You thought that Changmin might be awake reading his book but,you're wrong.Your husband is lying on the bed with Mason in his arms.You tilt your head to see how adorable they are.

You approach the sleeping Changmin,whispering to him."Honey,let me carry Mason to his room" He groans,shaking his head."Let him sleep here,this bed is huge.Sleep behind me" You his hair,giving him a goodnight kiss on his cheek."I'll sleep next to Mason.You did a great job" You pat his back and goes to the other side of the bed.

 

You go in your office  holding a tumbler on your hand.The employees are not as loud as the normal days.They're whispering to each other when they see you.They also have this sad look on their face.Secretary Lee is not at her desk so you walk in your office not expecting a guest when Joongki is there,sitting on the sofa.He gets up to greet you.

"Sorry for coming without informing you.I'm just here to say goodbye"

You forgot about the contract that is due today.5 days ago your parents went back to the US, they didn't mention anything about it whether to continue or to end it.They trust all of it on you.

"That's why all the employees look sad.They adore you Joongki-ssi" You force a smile on your face while in the inside,you want him to stay.

"Let's just not make it harder for me. It's not like we work under the same roof everyday.I was just here to check up the designs with you" He's nervous,his hands are sweating."In the future if...you think we can do a project together.I will be glad to work with you again"

You can't say anything as your emotions start to take place.You reach your hand out to him,offering a handshake."It was fun,working with you"

Joongki nods,flashing his killer smile.He shakes your hand with a painful heart."It was fun working with you too,about the news...it will soon fade.I'm getting married"

"Really? Congratulations"

"You shouldn't congratulate me,I'm not happy about it.It's kinda politics mariage,for my dad's company.At least, it can break our love gossip" He pause."Gotta go,hope to see you again,Director Nam"

"Same here President Song" You watch him walking calmly out of your offfice,he didn't even turn behind.He keeps looking forward,afraid that he might stay instead.

Secretary Lee rushes in after she saw Joongki walking out from your office."Director Nam,you're-"

"He's happy and I'm happy too just that...I'm a bit sad that he left.Let's go for the marketing research today eonni"

 

"The patient check out this morning?"

"Yes,sir."

Changmin comes to the hospital to visit Anna after he fails to-do-so due to his tight schedule.With heavy steps he heads out to his car.He dials her number but she's not answering.What he's going to do next is to mee her a her house.She will be there as it's not easy for a famous actress like her to walk around as she likes.

Jaejoong is at Anna's house.It's a complete mess,he wonders if she's happy living like this.

"What do you want?" asks Anna coldly,crossing her arms.Jaejoong runs his index finegr on the coffe table."When is the last time you clean up?"

"If you have nothing more to say then just go.I need some rest"

Jaejoong smirks,walking towards her."You have changed,a lot"

"Step out of this,it's not your problem" She takes one step behind as Jaejong leans closer to her."What do you-" Jaejoong cuts her off,crashing his lips on hers.Anna use all her strength pushing him away."Get lost!"

"What is happening here?" Changmin barges in as the door is unlocked.He finds his hyung standing further away from Anna who's capping with tears on her cheeks."Jaejoong hyung?"

Anna hides herself behind Changmin,afraid of Jaejoong's sudden action.Jaejoong is quite shock to see Changmin's here,in Anna's house.

"Hyung,what are you trying to do to her? Can't you see? She's scared of you" Changmin is well aware of Anna's condition,her public fobia.Jaejoong left a hurtful memory on her so she's afraid that she might get hurt again."Hyung,if you have nothing more to say,can you please go? We'll talk about this later"

Jaejoong rolls his eyes."Tsk.I'm not doing something bad to her and you know well that I wouldn't. Don't lingers around here often,you know where your place is" He hates the idea that his dongsaeng is protecting his long term crush who breaks his heart years ago.Jaejoong walk away giving Changmin a look.

Changmin turns to face the shivering Anna,he holds her shoulders."Why don't you tell me you left the hospital?"

"You're the one who didn't come to see me the next day as you said."

"Did hyung do something bad at you?"

"He kissed me"

Changmin's eyes widen in surprise."I'm just here to tell you that you need to come to the set tomorrow,it's the last episode"

"So,you're just here to tell me that?"

Changmin nods,picking up a broken photoframe,putting it on the bookshelf."Yes, the writer and the director are getting mad at you.I told them you have a sick leave"

"Tell them I have a mental disorder"

"Choi Anna"

She ignores Changmin walking up the stairs to her bedroom.She's really having a big crush on Changmin but,it seems like..Changmin clearly don't feel the same.She hugs her knees,weeping.Changmin hesistates whether to go up and console her  or to leave.He choose the second choice,reminding himself that he shouldn't makes it hard for her.

His cellphone rings when he's on his way to his car."Hello"

"Uncle Changmin? It's Mason can you pick me up from my kindergarten? Omma hasn't come yet and she's not answering her cellphone.I just randomly calls you as Appa is really busy"

"Wait there,I'll come and get you" Changmin drives his car,changing his direction.How come you're not fetching Mason when you have been always the one who do so? Changmin tries to call you but,you really are not answering it."What's wrong darling? Why don't you answer your phone?"

_____________________________________

Thank you everyone for the comments,you might not know how much it means for a rookie writer like me. *bow

Please do leave your comments,I really love it^^ Thanks for the subs and comments again.Please3 don't be silent readers^_^