Tumbling Bridge

Our Bittersweet Marriage

Changmin goes straight to his room,avoiding any other talks.Jaejoong hurries to the kitchen,searching for the chinese food flyers,in this atmosphere,his mind can't even be calm enough to hold a knife or turn the stove on.Yunho lies down on the couch,taking a nap.Yoochun and Mason are visiting you in the hospital.Your parents probably still there as they refused to come with Changmin for the funeral.

"What would you like?" asks Jaejoong,patting Yunho's leg.Yunho's eyes flutter open. "Anything" Jaejoong can't take that as an answer,he blows air in his cheeks. "or should we have something simple like...hamburger?"

"Anything Jaejoong-ah,will you be kind and let me sleep for awhile?"

"Sure do" Not wanting to disturb Yunho any longer he climbs up the stairs to see the magnae.He seems unwell and gloomy. Jaejoong carefully twists the doorknob,revealing the youngest man in the mansion,staring out the window.

"Yay! Glutton,what do you want for lunch..well near to dinner actually"

"Anything will do hyung" answers Changmin in his baritone voice."Right! No one in this mansion even care about me,I'm the one taking care of all of you like a mother.Maybe I need to stop making breakfast starting tomorrow"nags Jaejoong bringing smile to Changmin's face."Ramen will do hyung,have some rest"

 

Mason comes with Yoochun, he runs towards you with his eyes round."Omma! Why are you in the hospital?"

Yoochun puts the basket of fruits he bought on his way on the sidetable.Mason keeps on asking why they come here,who's sick? Appa promised to see omma,why here? His painting class went well just that Mason will never be an artist.His hands are stiff.

You pat his head,smiling warmly at him.His eyes are sparkling, like the cat in Puss in Boots. "Omma fell from somewhere high and has a case on my left leg,see?"

"Did omma ran without looking? Appa said we can break our leg if we don't look in our way.Mason never knew it's true" he scratches his unitchy head still in amazement.Yoochun pats the little one's back,smiling at his innocence. "Omma when can you come home? Who will read the story books for me? Appa is always asleep"

"Uncle Changmin? Tell him omma ask him to"

"Omma,when will baby come out?" Yoochun gives Mason a look. You just lost your child,it must be qute uncomfortable talking about it now. You notice the look in Yoochun's eyes change,he must be feeling guilty for what Mason said.

"Mason had a younger sister but..she has left for a better place" says you calmly his bangs."Better place? Heaven?" You nod. "Like...where Mason's other omma is resting right now?"

"Hmm"

Yoochun holds Mason's hand."Mason-ah, can you let appa talk to omma? Can you be a good boy and wait outside?"

"But Mason want to talk to omma more" protests Mason,pouting.You giggle at his cute face. "Omma will call you later tonight,video call.How's that?" He nods eagerly and with heavy steps you watch his sad back walking out from the room.Yoochun takes a seat on the chair beside you. "Where's Changmin?"

"He goes to prepare the funeral.We named her Haneul,Shim Haneul" you're smiling despite the sadness filling inside you. Yoochun sighs."You guys can have another try right? Take your time"

Your lips is trembling,you want to cry and tell him about what your father plans on doing. You have to tell someone about this burden inside your head. You can't imagine your father asking Changmin to let you go. You don't want to be separated from your husband.He's a human,he makes mistakes all the time but that's him.You as his wife needs to fill those lacking in him. 

"O-Ohh" You can't say it out,you don't want to hurt Changmin again.You lost his child and now you want to break off with him? Yoochun might just tell Changmin about it and find out a way to convince your parents that the both of you still love each other."Yoochun oppa...can you tell Changmin to come early tomorrow? Tell him I have something important to say but it can't be on the phone.Please"

"Of course I'll pass your message to him. I better get going now,sleep tight tonight. Don't think about it too much,Changmin wouldn't want to see you sad. "

"Thank you,oppa"

 

Changmin can't drift to sleep,he keeps on looking up to the sky. The moon is shining brightly tonight,there's no twinkling stars instead snow is falling down. He turns to his left side,grasping the bed cover as if he's holding you. Then, Anna comes to his mind. Should he goes to see how she's doing? Is she receiving her treatment well? Jaejoong will know the answer, he must have talk to Anna's father on the phone.

"You're just a loner who needs attention" he whispers to the thin air. "My wife is my priority...If only I was there...maybe I can hear Haneul cries but..Anna might be dead. Such a nuisance!" he ruffles his brown hair in frustration.Getting frustrated at himself, he buries his face in his pillow,weeping softly till he finally fall asleep in tears.

 

Yoochun goes straight tothe dining after a warm bath with Mason on his back,still sleepy.Yunho bump into the father and son on his way down the stairs,he pinches Mason's chubby cheek. "Aigoo...Mr.Park,it's already morning.Wake up!"

Mason groans,rubbing his eyes then back to sleep."Yunho hyung,don't disturb him.He's still in daze" As soon as they get to the dining table,Junsu is there welcoming them,head on the table, eyes close.Typical sight of him. Jaejoong is wearing his apron,holding a pan on his hand,flipping the egg.

"Morning guys" he greets with his husky voice. Yunho runs over to Jaejoong,hugging his arm. "Jae...can you give me more pancake syrup today? I'll brush my teeth right afterwards."

"Your wish"

"Jaejoong hyung,can you get Mason a bowl of cereal? He's not in the mood to eat" yells Yoochun carefully,putting his son down."Mason-ah, wake up"

"Magnae?"

"Upstairs maybe" says Yunho with his mouth full of Mason's cereal."I'll go and get him" volunteers Yunho running up the stairs.He knocks on the door."Changmin-ah! Yay! Wake up!" There's no answer from him,Yunho keeps on knocking. "I'll come in" The door swings open revealing the tall guy sitting at the edge of the bed,his cellphone is broken to pieces. He's staring blankly out the window."Changmin-ah"

"Ohh,Yunho hyung"

"W-What's wrong?" Changmin rarely got mad but when he does even the hyungs are nervous.His gaze is sharper,his voice is at the lowest pitch.Yunho swallows his saliva hard. "Things not going on well?"

"Ah buh nim..called."

Yunho raises an eyebrow,is he that mad that his father-in-law gives him a call?

"He...wants us to get a...divorce" Changmin stutters,running his long fingers through his hair.

"What!?" 

Changmin shrugges, his brain is going to blow after all of these tension building up. He's as miserable as hell yet another problem come across? Bad timing.

"So what are you going to do?"

Changmin has no answer to that question.He knows he did wrong and your parents,you,yourself has the right to be mad at him but this is far from his imagination. He made a deal with SM Entertaiment advisors and the President to reveal this secret marriage of his. He made an effort after all of his struggles. "I'll ask ______ what she thinks and if..she agree...why shouldn't I?"

"You guys shouldn't do something that you will regret later for your whole life. Convince her" says Yunho leaning against the wall,hands in his pockets. What Changmin did is wrong for neglecting her but it's obvious how much Changmin loves you at this state,he's completely lost right now. Yunhio feels weak as he can't do anything to help.

"Hyung....whatever I'm going to do..you'll support me don't you?"

Yunho hesistantly nods staring at Changmin who's clenching his fist.

 

"Where's the patient in this room?" asks Changmin to the nurse.She's changing the cover,she won't recognise him as he has his shades and mufflers on."She goes for a walk on her wheelchair.Another nurse goes with her"

"Where to?"

 

You run your slender finger on the glass, you smile at the sight of babies in front of you. If Haneul is alive...one of the babies here must have your name on the tag. You keep watching the adorable babies smiling when they do,pouting when one of them is crying out loud.

"Here you are!"

You turn your head to the owner of the voice.Changmin is panting,he must be running all the way here from your room.His gaze lands on you,giving you a peck on your cheek."You freaked me out! Luckily a nurse told me you're here"

"Sorry..Look at them , so cute!" You're completely excited like Mason when he gets to eat extra fried chicken which is rare.Changmin eagerly nods,smiling brightly. "Darling,tomorrow what time you'll be discharged?"

"After check-ups umm...2p.m.? Don't worry about that,my parents will pick me up" You're not even looking at him,you're just happy to see the babies.Changmin is wondering if you even know about your father's plan on separating the both of you? You seem to be clueless or you're glad that he won't be tying you down anymore?

"How's yesterday?"

"Fine. I'll take you there when you're healthy enough"

You can't say the word 'funeral' just thinking about it hurts you. You grab Changmin's hand."Let's go in my room,I have something to tell you"

Changmin didn't say a word,he pushes your wheelchair as slow as he can.If you're going to talk about what's bothering his mind right now all he can do is to install the time before his world broken to pieces.

He helps you to lie down on the bed,you wince in pain when you stand up as you had a surgery to remove the fetus. You manage to hold onto him to balance yourself,your broken leg is another problem too.He pours you a glass of water, your hair."My parents....I bet they didn't come home last night"

"Hmm" he rests his hands on his lap,he must be nervous. Being together with him all these time,you know what's going in his mind without him saying anything.So,your father did tell him about the divorce.You intwine your fingers with him,he jumps a bit when you suddenly grab his hand."Don't we do this all the time? Kiss me good morning"

He leans closer to kiss your cheek but you close your eyes,expecting more.He gives you a smooch on your lips,pinching the tip of your nose."Good morning,beautiful"

You giggle."You give me goosebumps" You pull his hand to your lipskissing his fingers one by one,likehe always do."I miss doing this"

"Silly" he breaks to a soft chuckle.You rub your thumb on his palm."Appa....he told you about it...doesn't he?"

"O-Oh"

"We had an argument about it but...omma didn't take my side." You keep staring at his hand, you can't look him in the eyes or  you might not hold these tears anymore.

It's a complete silence,neither one of you say anything.Him staring the side of your face while your gaze fixed on his palm.Both of you are deep in thoughts. From seconds it turns to minutes.

"It must be tough for you" finally he said something. He sighs deeply.

"If you should choose between your parents who give birth to you and the woman that you love and you think you can hardly breath without her...who will you choose?"

Changmin's lips turn to thin lines,he can hardly choose either both.How bad must you're feeling right now.You're facing this more difficult than he is."So..what's your answer?" asks Changmin sounding calm.

You takes off your wedding bracelet,placing it on his palm. "This is my answer"

______________________________________________________________________

Sorry for not updating...been busy with my homework

Comment please....don't be rude and make me sad ;-(

Thanks for reading,subs and comments,root for me

Sincerely,me