Colder than winter

Our Bittersweet Marriage

You sleep with Mason last night as he keeps waking up at night feeling insecure. Changmin didn't get out from the room since yesterday, Junsu checks on his shoes and it's gone.He might have left to the filming set early in the morning.You're on a leave for two more days as Changmin takes you home after the breaking news.You haven't even get to enjoy your vacation.

You walk in your room, the one you shared with him. You saw blood stains on the carpet and the first-aid kit all open on the floor. At least he has clean his cuts. You step in the bathroom, taking a warm shower.Then, you lie down staring at the celing.You turn to your wedding bracelet, running your finger on it.

"What is happening between us?" you mutter.

 

Changmin has just finished his scene with Anna. He keeps losing his focus, he can't open his mouth to apologise to you as he feels like you need to say sorry for what you did too.His ego is holding him back.He hates these whole scenario.He's beginning to regret this secret marriage.

"When will we see the end _______-ah?" he blows wind to his bangs,sighing. "We should find the full stop"

Anna walks faster towards her co-actor.She realised the changes in him, he's struggling with something,deep inside. She leans her back on the iron bars of the bridge."Sometimes the wind listens well than us,people". She softly pats his shoulder."What's going on? You look miserable"

Changmin shakes his head, keeping the wedding silver bangle in his pocket.He has to take it off during filming."I'm just...tired" He pushes her hand on his shoulder aside, walking further away from her.

"I'm sorry! I'm really sorry!" shouts Anna stoppingChangmin's steps." I did something to you and I'm sorry for using you." Her voice turns mellow."I thought Jaejoong will be jealous of you but, it seems like he didn't care.I will stop this game here"

"You have been annoying to me but, as far as I know you haven't done something that hurts me.Nothing to be sorry Anna-ssi"

Anna run after him, hugging his arm,starting to sob."I-I put in your drink for the bedscene ad you really losing it all"

"WHAT!?" he snaps his arm from her, holding her narrow shoulders,squeezing it."What did you say?" Anna is shaking,his grasp is too harsh, it's hurting her.

"You turn to be having the desire to.." she can't continue her words.

"YOU!" Changmin's eyes turns fierce." That's why I did that.Gosh! "

"W-What happen?"

"Anna, I'm married" 

Anna's eyes widen in surprise."Are you kidding me?"

"No,I really am married and it's almost a year now. I hurt her,I hurt my wife.BECAUSE OF YOU!" Changmin's breathing goes up and down."I'm starting to hate you.I don't even know you anymore.I can't believe Jaejoong hyung used to love a woman like you."

"I'm sorry I don't know about your wedding"

"It's a secret and even so, you shouldn't have done that.It's disgusting,begging for a man"

"Bring me to her,I'll explain everything,please just don't tell anyone else not Jaejoong" She's sobbing,felling on her knees.Her tears trail are black as he mascara got mess.She looks pathetic."Please don't Changmin.I'm begging you"

"Stand up Anna,clean your face. No one can see you this way.What will other people think of you." Changmin helps her to stand up."Let's get you in. I'm doing this as a friend.After these drama, you're no one but a stranger"

 

Joongki comes over to the mansion.You found him in front of the gate wandering around,the guards won't let him in.Jaejoong and Junsu are home while Yoochun and you are together after fetching Mason from his kindergarten.Yoochun lets him in,you don't think it's a good idea at all.

"Come in Joongki-ssi" invites Yoochun showing him in. Joongki takes out your luggage from his car.You take it from him eventhough he insists on helping you.

Jaejoong's eyes widen to see the man Changmin hates the most."I'm Kim Jaejoong." Joongki shakes Jaejoong's hand politely."This is Kim Junsu" Junsu shows no interest continue eating his noodle.

"Mason-ah go upstairs,take shower" Mason obeys your word,walking up the stairs to his room on the third floor. Joongki looks at the guys, they are in their comfortable clothes.Do they live here with you? He has no idea.

"They are always here after practice as Yoochun's son lives here with me.You know my late sister Chaerin is Yoochun's wife aren't you?"He nods.You're relieved. They get what you mean except Junsu who's still focusly eating his noodle.

"Let's sit at the living room" You guide him to the plce where the guys always hangout.Pictures of the guys,your family fills the space.A family picture on the big wall shows that they're not just a guest here.They're a family.Joongki can't take his eyes off the potret."The guys are my grandma's foster grandchildren.My grandma is not here currently,she left for a bicycle tour around France early this month.She's never home"

"Interesting family you have" He finally takes a seat on the red leather sofa.You sit on his right side with Jaejoong beside you.Yoochun is with Mason,Yunho's not home and Junsu at the bar."I'm here to return your luggage and your car. My chauffer will send it in a few more minutes."

"Thank you"

"Only that?" asks Jaejoong not sounding friendly."I thought the vacation should have 2 more days.Why do you waste it to come here and meet _________?"

Joongki looks down to the carpet,clearing his throat thinking of what to say."I want to apologise for these mess.I'm sorry,please do forgive me" He sounds sincere no doubt for that."I just want to make things right and get ends meet"

"In my point of view, you like her don't you? It's obvious"

"Jaejoong oppa"

Joongki calmly nods."Yes I am but, she doesn't feel the same.Why must I waste my time? I'll explain to Changmin on what happened that day then, I'll try to avoid her and get rid of her Jaejoong-ssi.You don't have to worry" He smiles bitterly , feeling a sudden awkwardness.Jaejoong doesn't like him and he knows it.

"Do as what you said."

"I better go home now, I have lots of work to do.Thank you for treating me like a guest despite what I did._______-ah,see you when I see you." He bow to Jaejoong and walk to the front door, Junsu sends him out. Jaejoong stops you from doing so.

"Stop being too nice to him,or you might just hurts his feelings. Changmin is on his way home , manager hyung told me that he's having a bad cold and he's coughing really bad. Go make him something warm and easy to swallow, he can't get a fever. Please treat him well, you're his wife"

 

After dinner Yoochun accompany Mason to finish his homework.Junsu is practicing his vocal for the musical he's starring in. Jaejoong is in his room, reading.You're cleaning the kitchen when  you saw a van stopping by the fountain.Changmin walks out in his hoodie, drinking yogurt with tissues in his grasp.You open the front door for  him.He's not looking good, his nose is red and his eyes are watery.

He heads upstairs ignoring you, you take the tray  with warm chicken soup and rice to your room. Changmin lie down on the bed as soon as he gets in. You put the tray on the side table opening Changmin's bagpack.You take his gym clotes out, putting it in the laundry basket beside the bathroom.

"Have you eat dinner?"

He shakes his head,pulling up the cover to his neck.You move closer to him placing a palm on his forehead."Normal, you're tired?"

"Mmmm"

"Have you taken your meds? You might catch a fever if you don't"

"Not yet, it's in my bag.First zipper" He's talking with his eyes close."My nose is blocked.I can't smell anything"

You softly pats his chest."Wake up, eat first then take your meds.I made chicken soup"

He reluctantly open his eyes to see you on the bed with him.He leans on the bed frame, hugging himself. "I-I'm kinda hungry"

You place the tray on his lap mixing the soup with the rice.He keeps on coughing feeling uncomfortable. He takes the spoon, scouping the warm rice.He chews on it slowly."My throat hurts"

You pour him a glass of water, holding the glass for him to drink."Your voice is cracking.I'm afraid you can't talk tomorrow"

"Think so too. I can't taste anything only pain" He pushes the tray aside."I don't feel like eating anymore."

You hand him his meds, he swallows it in once."I want to get some sleep.Can you please turn off the lights? Thank you" You move to the switch turning the lights off leaving a bedside lamp on. It's dimmer now.

"What would you like to eat tomorrow?"

"Anything will be fine"

"Great-*cough" You feel queasy, you're feeling like throwing up.You rush to the bathroom.

"Are you alright in there?" asks Changmin, worried."I'm fine! " You throw up the food you ate,everything. You flush it, gurgling some water.

Changmin pats the empty space on his right side on the bed."Lie down" he keeps looking at you as you come out from the bathroom.

You smile, picking up the tray."I'll go and wash these up.Get some rest"

"You too.I'll be waiting,sleep beside me."

You nod,closing the door behind you.Did Changmin forgot about the argument or he just simply acting like everything's normal.You're just doing your responsibility as his wife.He's sick and you need to care about him.

Changmin's mind keeps playing the sound of you vomitting.Is she? No it can't be.He slowly drifts to sleep with a pleasent smile.

 

Author,s note

I'm sorry for not updating, I've been busy with school some of you reader s unsubscribed me but it's my fault I'm sorry. Please do continue to support me. Leave comments after reading it motivates me. Sorry again